1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC good online racers

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by steevee, Mar 14, 2019.

1. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

We are all complaining about wreckers,bad drivers,etc..truth is,it is unavoidable at this stage to have races that may be
    Perfectly named as “mad max &the butchery chicane”,.and I must say every day I see less people driving badly.which is good,But the approach to this problem could be aimed by Acc brilliantly with the Sa rating which by the way it works,, SA goes up steadily and slowly and hardly goes down except in a MP chicane mess being hit ,where the game does not discriminate who is who,or sometimes by own mistakes.

The point here is that the Sa rating once in force for the servers will be for sure the best posible solution for clean racing.
    For most of the drivers.
    I am not saying that I am a perfectly clean driver,as I am not,but I can see how steadily my Sa rating is going up(64 )and not down simply by driving carefully and staying away of trouble.

Still and this is the main point of this comment I think that some COMPROMISES could be made regarding COLLISION MODEL .the reason behind this is that most of us probably drive with a flat screen,which makes impossible a 3D perception,where a real driver is inmersed into a fully sensorial environment that allow him to perceive distance,speed,noise,proximity,depth,and multiple sensorial helping to cope with the demand of driving a GT car and avoid collisions..and even so there are,collisions ,therefore if this sim is so realistic regarding physics,wouldn’t it make sense that some tampering/flexibility regarding impact,collision model,should be addressed to compensate for the lack of sensorial inputs ? I am not saying an arcade solution,rather a mathematical approach ...if in a full real blancpain season there are...X collisions,Y lateral impacts,z spins,w accidents ..something similar in number should be in Acc for the top drivers (after a full season for example) and compare numbers..
    It would not make any sense to have 100 spins incidents for example in the first SRO Monza event..that is my point.
    Rgds

jc1993 likes this.
  2. Chriss

Chriss Racer

One suggestion regarding SA could be: when you hit lapped cars (or to be lapped cars), you get much less SA reduction. Reason being that there is a high probability that an accident with a lapped car is actually caused by the lapped car. On contrary, a lapped car could get a stronger SA penalty/reduction for crashing a car that is far ahead and tries to lap you (stronger meaning more severe penalty compared to the SA reduction when crashing a car that you are racing with for position)

3. Chriss

Chriss Racer

It is probably well known already, but @Jarkko Torvinen and Julian Peiker are both fast and very clean drivers.

We just had an amazing 45min battle at Major Tom's server with the gap never growing above 2 seconds in 29 laps :)

Peiker and BoinkTheBeaver like this.
  4. cobrettee

cobrettee Gamer

Just had a race with Genesis @ Monza - clean, fast and I have to say it is such an awesome experience when you have close and respectful racing! Thanks Kunos and all the clean drivers! I don't get to race online often due to bad internet connection but this made my day :D

5. Nesja

Nesja Racer

On one of MrGit his servers I was in an almost race long battle (30 min race) with 4-5 cars within 2 s almost the entire race. Super close at times, but no touching.
    It's a >60 SA server.

On servers with no or low SA requirement I see more first turn pile ups or people spinning off.

Skaven Zverov and cobrettee like this.
  6. fabT

fabT Alien

I think @Lord Kunos may eventually consider adding some drivers reputation endorsement mechanism ( driver Y adds a reputation point to driver X).

Just an idea, we live in social networks time after all.
    It would be interesting as a feature.

7. aluraacker345

aluraacker345 Rookie

Strongly agree with manuel_rendo

8. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

A call of respect to a guy called Benjamin Oses. We raced just the two of us on a public server with good respect between each other (with some mishaps due to both of us driving new cars).

We stayed and were evenly matched for the entire 20 mins race...good stuff...