1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Fanatec F1 Formula "Joystick" not assignable

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by sbabb, Apr 29, 2019.

1. sbabb

sbabb Rookie

Hello,
    it is not possible for me to assign the joystick on the left side of the fanatec wheel, neither up/down or left/right movement is detected from the control settings, only when i press it in it is registered no movement.

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Mapping 1-12 rotation button Formula 2.5 Fanatec May 15, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Formula Wheel v2.5 rotary encoder not working as expected Feb 3, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD1 Formula v2 issues - need help! Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Gain - Fanatec DD1 and Formula V2 Oct 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Fixed] Fanatec Formula V2, Wheelbase V2.5 goes Crazy Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec formula V2 rims Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW Formula Rim Button Assignments for ACC Apr 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No key bindings possible Fanatec Formula V2 Rimc Apr 3, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec FormulaV2 - Controls mapping Mar 29, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Formula Joystick Mapping Sep 16, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Formula/Formula Carbon...anyone have one for sale? May 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec v2 base + carbon formula wheel + table clamp question Feb 13, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel base v2 + clubsport formula carbon + clubsport pedals v2 Feb 8, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec formula rim issue Jan 20, 2015
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024

3. crcjk1

crcjk1 Rookie

Same issue - Did you ever get an answer?

4. Awall126

Awall126 Rookie

From what I can tell both AC and ACC can't map either the joystick or the dpad hat switch on either of the Fanatec wheels I have. Both the Formula Carbon and BMW fanatec rims can't be mapped. It seems like a completely unacceptable oversight. They both work in F1 2019 and Project Cars, how do they not work in a game like ACC?

F1Aussie and Thronmir like this.
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

It is a known issue, doesnt work on mine either. Whether or not Kunos fix it is another thing though.
    Surely it can't be that difficult to implement.

6. sbabb

sbabb Rookie

sadly no, do you happen to know if there is a different way to contact them directly? I read on the fanatec blog somewhere that switching to the mode of the wheelbase where it has the purple light and selecting McLaren GT3 wheel control profile will make the stick work, but my base doesnt have that mode

7. Awall126

Awall126 Rookie

It seems to have been a problem since AC came out in 2014 so I don't think they give a ****. There is so little info about it online so I just wanted to get another discussion started about it. It's unacceptable that these very popular and quite expensive wheels have at least 8 buttons just not working and no one seems to care very much! Especially when subpar companies like code masters seem to have no issue figuring out how to map them.

F1Aussie likes this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I just found a quick and simple solution guys.

I tried joy to key and gave up as I could not work out how to use it so I came across a thread on RD about a small program called antimicro, very easy and simple to setup and it works with AC and ACC. It automatically detected my formula V2 rim and all I had to was map a keyboard keys to left and right, saved the profile, left it open, opened ACCapped two keys to look left and right and bam it worked! The only extra step in AC was to make sure keyboard and wheel were both selected in the controller setup.

If I could set it up in a few minutes then anyone can!!

9. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Is this section for Consolle Version of the game Assetto Corsa?

10. AnxiousPace

AnxiousPace Rookie

I tried this. It turns off FFB on my wheel. The only way I can get it to work after many many experiments is I have to start anti micro first. Then start ACC. Then turn off wheel turn back on. Exit ACC and turn off wheel and turn back on then enter ACC again. Then it works. Too much of a hassle. Uninstalled the program.

11. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I got this rim recently, and yeah, it doesn't work even with ACC.

Very frustrating.