1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE About 1.0 multiplayer structure

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, May 8, 2019.

1. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

You can apologize at the end of the race, and mor justified if default got no contact message and felt nothin, so from his point fo view nothing happened....

From the steam accounts, if they are correct, one of you is in malasya, and the other one in argentina...... It might just been netcode, and that is why from defaults end there was no contact therefore no sa message, and in the other end there was contact. (Otherwise i dont know how to explain default not getting the message and the other person yes)

Anyway no reason to react like that. If you cant cant understand slight taps happening....

2. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yawwwn!

Sleeper Service likes this.
  3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Why are you guys discussing personal disputes in a thread about the multiplayer structure? Send eachother a pm or whatever.

4. Si.

Si. Simracer

I think it depends on the circumstance but what would be useful is some standard phrases on the MFD like I’m Sorry or Thanks for the race that can be used before/during/after race as not everyone has easy access to a keyboard while racing. GTS has this (only before/after race though), click drivers to message and then click standard phrases, it works quite well.

Max Doubt likes this.
  5. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Are you kidding?? This is the most exciting thing to be discussed in this thread since page 10. I wanna hear who else this Arpadian clown raged out on and intentionally wrecked after he received a small accidental tap.

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No, I'm not kidding. This talk doesn't belong in this thread.
    A couple of pages back in this thread, warnings were handed out because devs have better things to do than to having to spend time reading nonsense comments.

jaxx_za and Radfahrer like this.
  7. vanveen

vanveen Racer

well this is ok, but what about stopping? if you hit somebody out of track you should wait till it rejoins, I do it but very few other people does it. If this was a normal practice there be no need for revenges.

8. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

To bring the topic back in line.

Speaking from an admin side of things, I'm looking forward to a much more comprehensive selection of server side options to tailor things much more precisely,so looking forward to opening that present Wendsday. :)

Coanda, Arlo, Ludovick daoust and 2 others like this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

As I said it depends on the circumstance, if I consider it a racing incident then I’ll continue, I probably won’t get the decision right every time but hopefully more often than not. If I was to out-brake myself for instance and hit someone then I wait. It’s obviously easier to sort out if people are on chat.

Revenge has no place either way, with SA it’s plainly stupid anyway as you’re just going to lose even more.

PiretSS2000 and eracerhead like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im looking forward to what more toys us admins get, a boost in user base will be nice too especially as lots of people have been holding off a bit and will want to give it a bit of a run post release. Will make servers a bit tricky as you don't really want to be running fully open servers but lots of people wont get close to their true ratings in the first week at least.

sps_for_race likes this.
  11. Never seen this happen in a real race. Time for talking is after the race, not during. And intentionally punting somebody is never acceptable. (although most of us have done it, or at least seriously contemplated it, if we are being honest)

Turk, Freddie Seng, chksix and 10 others like this.
  12. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if this has bearing on the particular incident mentioned, but please be mindful that chat functionality has not yet been implemented for VR drivers. Therefore depending on the competitor, you may not be able to receive a reply, even if they intend to offer one.

For that reason, I’ve been minimizing my runs in multiplayer except for limited testing.

Ludovick daoust and Gunja like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not so hard to try avoid making terrible moves, also you can easily communicate without chat. A basic redress if you make an error and take a spot unfairly, if you clearly show your not taking advantage from a poor move, the other person will likely accept this better then a push to pass and sorry in chat as you take off. You can give a quick flash of the lights as they get going again and you didnt gain anything from that contact.

We are just racing for fun after all, if you want to have others to want to race with you its not hard to not be a prick. ;) If you race others hard but fair they will do their best to do the same.

chksix likes this.
  14. vanveen

vanveen Racer

In a real race there are stewards that impose penalties, we are talking about racing in public servers for fun ;)

15. nimp

nimp Racer

This probably just comes down to perception. It's easy to mistake a semi-serious hit for a "simple tap" in a sim, because you are not in the car feeling the forces.

Can definately have some light contact in the current state without cars just spinning out of control. Leaning onto other cars works quite well without killing both in the process even in wet conditions. Also the damage model doesnt immediately screw you over (*cough* iracing *cough*), when things get a bit rough.

Obviously someone is gonna spin, when a car gets bopped in the back, when it's cornering using up all it's grippotential. But that also happens in real races. Can't cheat physics after all.

grrdabrr and Deyu like this.
  16. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I went on tonight hoping to join a nice clean race, all servers with 60/80+ SA rating were full, rest were not rated so didn't bother racing, hope to see a lot more higher rated servers at 1.0.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There were highly likely empty high SA servers, if others are full then joining an empty one will likely get people in it.

None of those full servers got full before someone joined it first. Most of these full SA servers the admin joins first as everyone else is too scared to do the same.

Opening more servers isnt going to make any difference if there are already empty ones available. ;)

sps_for_race likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Lets all concur and blame Balestre :D:confused:

19. no yesterday was truly tragic. does not happen very often, but yesterday there were 24*6 people XD

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The mid race join and closed pits hopefully are forced in all restricted servers. Just did a 30 min race at Monza on a Euro server leading fairly comfortably by over 10 seconds then about half way through Amir xxxxxxx (possibly was an imposter using his name but was fairly quick though I expected quicker from him) jumps in for a low fuel practice run. :eek:

Pitted out infront of me the leader in a full server, I passed him early then as he got some temp he felt like racing lol. He did a nice big dive bomb into t1 which I saw coming so just gave it to him. Then the next few laps he couldnt get away and eventually got pretty messy and maybe had enough of seeing the blue flags he couldnt get away from.

After a couple laps just after the exit of the 2nd Lesmo he then slams on the brakes, right side of track and stopped there to escape to pits or leave the server. If thats how the fastest Alien in ACC races there is very little hope with most others. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Aseeth and chksix like this.