1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Race weekend tyre sets management, pitstop strategy and fuel load testing

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 3, 2019.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please stay on topic guys.

Leclettico and Coanda like this.
  2. pales.

pales. Racer

Why was my original post deleted?

3. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

This is sort of on topic. But any chance of offline driver swaps being implemented during pit stops at some point? Having a.i. take over driving duties when you swap drivers? Currently this option does not do anything besides change driver name.

Makes it impossible to do any real enduros offline.

Wolf WolfZ, warth0g, pazzi008 and 2 others like this.
  4. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

You guys need to add all these explanations into the game.

Create a separate menu or something.

Call it tutorial and explain the rules in there.

It super frustrating that I need to constantly alt+tab have firefox open so I can know which car has the correct ecu map.

tire rules, etc.

Its missed opportunity imho.
    Wouldn't be hard to have tutorial section where you categorize everything.
    Engine, Aero, Suspension, Tyres etc.

FlashLB, Thom@s, Cefirofun and 8 others like this.
  5. Yep and singlplayer can start to shine with smth like Blancpain gt school :)

Thom@s, Cefirofun, Wolf WolfZ and 2 others like this.
  6. Hey, how does it show the stages of flatspots/graining/blisters on the hud? And also is there a way to see how much of the tread is left in mm or is it only visual?
    Thanks in advance

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No we do not show flatspot/graining/blistering and wear while you drive. As in real life, it is impossible to tell except from what you feel. You need to go back to pits and see in the setup page, after a stint.

DiRTMark, menos | M6, Dookie and 11 others like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

What are the finer details of the rules around stint times? eg Earlier I did a 3h Endurance condensed to 1h. Stint times were 20 mins. I was careful not to exceed 20 mins per stint meaning there was a couple of minutes left at the end where a 3rd driver swap would be necessary. Can you stay out on track until the stint time hits zero and then pit the next time around? Or do you need the driver physically (virtually) out of the car before the 20 mins is up?

Wolf WolfZ and PiretSS2000 like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

In endurance races, no single stint may exceed 65 minutes, or 70 minutes if a safety car is deployed.

menos | M6 likes this.
  10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

First off, this is amazing, thanks for bringing this to our attention during the middle of what I imagine is a crazy time. This level of detail in simulating endurance racing is amazing and is exciting to even an occasional driver like me, as work and family sadly mean I really own drive at the weekends.

I generally play against the AI because of this (because when I can race, I just want to go there and then). I would love to be able to do driver swaps with AI team-mates - but I don't want to sit there and watch the AI race for the next hour. So I was wondering if we could see a highlights reel while the AI is driving? Essentially we see the 60 minute (for example) AI stint condensed to a couple of minutes of highlights and then the AI driver returning to the pits. Would be amazing :)

pazzi008 likes this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

All such Aris posts should definitely be sticky, as they make up "The Manual", and people need to find them all in one place without having to hunt for the information.

Thom@s, menos | M6, chksix and 3 others like this.
  12. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

Just to clarify regarding fuel loads, the amount you set in the pitstop menu will add that much fuel to your current fuel load? Or will it add enough (or deduct) fuel to reach the specified value?

For example, I come into the pits with 30L left in the tank. I have set the pitstop to "50L".

Will I exit the pits with 50L, or 80L?

Apologies, I would absolutely test this, but I'm at work :(

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

It will add, so you will have 80L in the tank

chksix and Tophercheese like this.
  14. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Yes, he should make a book with them.
    "The ACC Manual"

FlashLB, Thom@s and Vladamor like this.
  15. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

@Aristotelis I am completely aware that you are focused on more important things and it will be like this for a while. No problems on that, I'm also busy driving and driving this fecking good piece of art you guys created.

However, please, even if it's in 6 months or one year... write us posts about the cars just like you did with the BMW, Bentley or Lambo. I DO need that information in my brain, it's hard drug to me

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

If this does not tingle my dev blog comming senses nothing will

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...roach-to-car-choice.57833/page-2#post-1058455

isma_c_r and ignission like this.
  17. Oh ok cool where do i find it in the setup screen?

18. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

In the "strategy" page, you have to select the tyre set you were using since the game automatically gives you new tyres when you are back to pits

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I even post screenshots...

20. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

It only has 1 save option the last save. Can you improve that to multiple saves eg: save for championship mode save for career mode and single race etc.? please? Also can you add the pit menu into the pause menu so we can adjust pit options during pause for offline races?