1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

interest in SRS like, iRacing like Multiplayer website?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dosenfleisch79, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Is there enough interest in such a service?

1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Depends on how it will be made

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. Hi together,

as the title says, i am really thinking about, to start a own website service with a multiplayer service similair to that what srs did and what iracing is doing. The basics given from the Game itself are there. Automated Server configuraiotn with Entry lists etc. would be also possible. Question is, would there be enough interest.

My plans are:

- Making a website where you register with your steam account, to get your steam ids matched.
    - Scheduled Championships (week 1 monza, week 2 misano, week 3 brands hatch etc etc).
    - Races every 2 Hours where you have to book your place via the website. Race length 45min to 1 hr?
    - You can race how much you want in one week. Points will be calculated like this: If you race 1 race, this is the counted race for the championship week, if you race 2 races, the best result counts. if you race 3, the average of your 2 best races counts, as racing more than 5 races, always the average of your X best races will count for that week.
    - Own rating (like iRating) depending on your race finishing position and the rating of other racers in that race.
    - Later with enough racers with that rating we can split them depending on their rating in different splits to match skill levels.
    - Single car choice (you choose 1 car for the whole season - to get it pretty mixed up)
    - Races go only official with at least 12 players. Under 12 players, the race does not count in your ratings and championship. (this is adjustable, just some numbers out of my brain).
    - Leaderboards for rating, Fastest laps etc.

Team Endurance Championship:
    - fully automated with team management via website. You organize your team and other players can join your team if you invite them, or provide it with password, whatever. Team leader register then for the Team Endurance races and all team members are allowed to join the race later.

- 3 hr, 6hr, and 24hr races would be fully automated possible.

What are your thoughts? let me know :)

Maybe Kunos @Minolin @Aristotelis would like to support this? Or are they planning this themselves somehow?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    ears, LuisMercury, XettMan and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EASTERNS Racers | Our goal is to provide clean, interesting single races and events. Feb 28, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Interesting plan from Porsche using Assetto Corsa Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Competition server with driver swap - who would be interested? Apr 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Any Interest for a Racing League for Disabled Drivers? Mar 22, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Geplante Driver Swap Rennen. Interessiert? // Planned Driver Swap Races. Interested? Feb 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Interesting find about AI strength in championship mode Oct 31, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #151 – Register your interest… Oct 26, 2019
    General modding discussion Anyone interested in a track build project Oct 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Spinning -- Interesting Problem Possibly Resolved Jul 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Would anyone be interested in an online setup library? May 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ;) driver swap out of interest. May 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new series on youtube Feb 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room If your interested in FH4 but dont want to pay ridiculous prices Aug 21, 2018

3. Conath0

Conath0 Gamer

ears and DzelRacing like this.
  4. LuisMercury

LuisMercury Racer

ears, Luca Zari and DzelRacing like this.
  5. Conath0

Conath0 Gamer

I hope so! :) But we're gonna need some help from @Minolin as well (the results json needs to save results after session, not session change + we need the drivers who quit to also be listed in results).

ears and DzelRacing like this.
  6. yes :) i didnt know that something like this already exists. nice

ears, XettMan and DzelRacing like this.
  7. There is a thread over at the SRS forum about supporting ACC. They said they would like to support the game, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in the general population thus far.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

I totally would be interested. Hopefully, there is just one site though, i don't like splintering. Rather join forces, and then do something really good, than have 3 or 4 sites doing the same, snatching players from each other.

I really like the points you made in the OP. Sounds great.

Son, ears, LuisMercury and 3 others like this.
  9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I could not agree with you more !

10. LuisMercury

LuisMercury Racer

+1

11. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

@dosenfleisch79 @chakko I'm doing some dev work on the accracing.club website, services, database etc. but there's way more to do than I have time for.

There are so many ideas but so little time!

If you'd like to join and contribute, you'd be very welcome.

There are all kinds of things in the pipeline - website event scheduling with online signups which will automatically spit out and send entry lists, config files etc.

We already have Steam integrated so logged in users see their own laptimes / results highlighted etc.

The website link is above, or come direct to our Discord if you want.

https://discord.gg/8URDvs5

It's still very early days, but it's starting to feel like this could really work.

XettMan, jc1993, menos | M6 and 3 others like this.
  12. LuisMercury

LuisMercury Racer

This is the way to follow

I totally adhere ... we must act together!

go go go !!

XettMan, ears and Son like this.