1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC update progress is really <insert buzzword>

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shushkata, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

There it is. THE LEAK ;)

2. W
    what was EA for? a Joke because Full release and full price and still in EA even though we tested for months and they stilled released this mess.
    Not going to lie game works when it want's to but when u get a heap of people on same server (league Races) game just want's to play up "mutilpayer" and driver swaps and many other features feel like a rushed mess just before launch

3. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

*Keeps fingers crossed :)

LeDude83 and warth0g like this.
  4. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

I don't know why, but I had a hunch. I figured it out. Another part of me was pessimistic about it, but I hoped so. But given the very high quality of ACC it was only natural that the project would expand with so many ramifications.

It would be interesting to check the presence of certain technicians specialized in certain circuits outside Europe.

5. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Yeah but that's you. The problem is Xettman, and the 3 or 4 other trolls will start going ape**** over any "promised" but not delivered feature. And opportunistic youtubers will make hate videos for clicks.

Typer, vortex19, SylverFyre and 7 others like this.
  6. semtex79

semtex79 Gamer

In Kunos I trust!

Romneyb likes this.
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

No, the problem is that more than a month ago ACC left early access officialy with 1.0 what indicates a feature complete game (except 2019 DLC of course).
    1.0 was not feature complete at all, neither is 1.05. There are still beta branches populated.
    All this is fine and is unfortunatelly normal in today's game industry.

But the lack of communication was the problem.
    What are they focusing on?
    What do they think can be implemented in the next foreseeing future?
    What will maybe not be seen in the game?

Not everybody is fine with a career mode without any history or progress.
    Not everybody is fine running mp races where the results are purged away forever a few seconds after the race.
    Not everybody is fine not to be able to use CrewChief in a hardcore sim.
    Just some examples. There are more.

Today I did a couple of online races, I do not remember what races they were, neither my starting or finishing position. I cannot look it up, it's not recorded.

I asked about some features that cannot be covered by an NDA or something like this, but there was just radio silence for more than a month.

So being a troll asking about the plans of implementing some basic features for a sim racing title is one possible view, but not mine.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Somebody made this comparison in another thread, but I'm going to shamelessly steal it.

ACC is like an Alfa Romeo. It's Italian, which means sometimes things will rattle and sometimes thing will go "clonk" and it will be in for repairs a lot, but when it works its the best driving you'll experience.

9. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Jo, that's normal.
    With italian cars it goes every morning when you get on and turn the ignition key
    si si si si sisisisi....sisisisisisisi....no
    :D

flihp and pippo10 like this.
  10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Good points politely made

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think it's time once again to call in the lord kunos Sunday morning pest control service..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    warth0g, Romneyb and josecar_fr like this.
  12. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

:D:D;)

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

@Lord Kunos @Aristotelis
    May I remind Kunos of one single very important issue that needs to be fixed in Single Player and I didn't see mentioned??

AI CAN'T OVERTAKE SLOWER CARS!!!!!!! (Gallardo R-EX, ST and Porsche Cup).

I hope this is in the radar. I mean, I'm really enjoying 30min - 1Hr races but until this gets fixed, doing +1Hr races in Single Player is useless. Isn't Blancpain supposed to be an Endurance series?

Luqie, Stickdeath1980 and LChaves like this.
  14. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

So the brand new Blancpain GT2 series is coming to ACC. Glad to hear. I am positively skeptical as to how this series will turn out in the end, especially driving wise. Will it be a GT3 class with much more horsepower and low aero, so it gets a more mechanical and raw feel? Or will it drive like the P1 GTR from Assetto Corsa. It is a good car I drove for many AI races, but in the end, just not as exciting due to the partially fixed suspension setup which makes it a conservative ride. And add to that electronic controls to make sure mistakes will barely happen. But no matter how it will be, I sure as hell am excited to see this new generation of cars and cannot wait to try them out.

Note: This was a very, very wide interpretation of Aristotelis' post that something is coming, but it is under strict NDA.

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

And Skateboards.

P.S.: Pure speculation

16. Bigdick

Bigdick Rookie

Since the devs are monitoring this; a 2nd driver profile has been mentioned before can we get this implemented. I have some that like to race and doesn't seem logical to purchase the game twice to have separate profiles. We would both like to have our own separate driver rating. I mainly purchased the game for him but have found myself a huge fan of the game now and have had it since early access.. only having been able to play it recently as it underperformed graphically and myself making major upgrades to my pc....surly a 2nd player option wouldn't impact kunos . I'd even be willing to pay a fee to add a second account.

Timberwind likes this.
  17. With any steam game other than subscription based games, you can have as many as five separate profiles/stats. Each profile needs to be approved by the existing owner, and only one person at a time can play the game. When playing on the same PC, each profile would need to be switched out in place of the person that wanted to play. This is a family sharing service, that steam offers its customers.

Bigdick and Timberwind like this.
  18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Feels like i am on steam forums now :confused:

Pointless threads more popular then threads that are interesting and have topic related to them.. all this threads game is ded dying developers are radio silent slow updates and all this s*it is starting to be quiet anoying.

LeDude83, Jebus, vanveen and 7 others like this.
  19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Look #Honestly, If I had listened to youtubers about this game I would have thought twice about purchasing, and would have missed out on the best driving experiences i have ever had in a game. Most youtubers don't/can't review, they give their opinion. Listening only to youtubers opinions is like reading a tabloid newspaper to get all your information about current world politics. There are a very very few that have given a reasonable well researched review. Just be aware of youtubers opinions.

20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

No.

Tim Meuris, LeDude83, vanveen and 7 others like this.
  21. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Thanks Aris for the update info, i was already sure the pot was being stirred with magical stuff in the Kunos Labs, it must be extremely tiring for U guys to deal with these situations on a daily basis while working your *** off.
    Just want to say massive thank U so far, the most determined and dedicated will prevail in the long run and im confident, like with AC, all be fine. Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll and vloggers gonna.. hey wait a minute... :

Hey Simracing604,
    Its time for new CLickbait videos, I suggest to start with "I was wrong, Acc is still Alive", 2nd one should be "How to turn like a leaf" followed up by "Till Clicks do us part" with the grand finale : "Me, Myself & Integrity". :D:p