1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #139 - Super lap, superfast, super Spa!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Fuel exhausted, but you've done 50 laps!!
    Presuming this was more than one fully brimmed tank?:eek: :D

To help with the understeer, try the set-up as suggested above by @Pretend racer. Worked a treat for me.
    I recommend watching his excellent vid too.:)

2. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Improvement 2.32.722
    Xbox 1

I've tried TC off and it was an other level of pleasure. Unfortunately I was a bit slow so I have a pretty loose TC1 with setup attached. Starting to know a bit more about the secrets of Spa and it's a nice feeling.

For the pics I have in mind to go for a hunt of a screen shot in YouTube's archive. The only chance to see me near a track is for the Monaco grand prix in 1992 if I remember well. Alesi was I think 4th on the grid (just in front of me) and one of my hero Nigel Mansell leaded the all race but couldn't finish it. If anyone know what year exactly I take it..
    Anyway because we knew the guy.. we ended up in a little courtyard with nearly no one there just in front of my Ferrari. I was young and lets say that it was a life changing experience! I have nothing left from that day except my memory. As soon as I get a chance I'll at least try to watch it again.

Attached Files:

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Very good..
    I am going soon for a little holiday, if I get near a karting track I'll try to do a nice photo shoot..

4. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Rod100
    Improvement
    XB1

Used pretend racer's setup, much better now. Thanks!

Yesterday training I was refueling to 40l and changing tires every 8 to 10 laps. In the end I think I was a bit tired and forgot to check the fuel gauge.:)

Reading your posts about visits to race tracks made me feel willing to share some pictures of Interlagos in the next time I pay a visit there. I don't live too far from there.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Please do. Legendary

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  7. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

DriverModFTW
    Improvement
    PC
    20190730_211028.jpg

Felt good..can only get faster with wayyyyy more laps. I did feel like I was starting to understand the balance of the car, however I have a lot of corrections to make after watching replay. Oh and TC, it is off for all "street" cars whenever I race or hotlap no matter what title of sim. I dont always use it for race cars either. I only use it if it makes me go faster or if it helps me stabilize and stay on line easier when racing around other people.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  8. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Biner
    2:33.607
    PC IMG_0513.JPG
    Back at it...first laps. I should say...first complete laps! Took me a bit to get on to the braking and handling, however, I had just finished a session with the Huracan Super Trofeo and the 812 does not want to be handled in the quite the same manner!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  9. LXM323

LXM323 Simracer

2.33.669 XB1

Hello fellas, I put in aprox 10 laps just to set a benchmark time. Will try to improve cause it feels like I could gain couple of seconds [​IMG]

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

Lewisxbone
    X1X

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Slight Improvement

Leif
    PC

I was 0.5 up on the next lap but keep messing up Blanchimont so was really focused on getting it right, which I did, and I was so pleased with myself that I totally overshot my braking point for bus stop and lost it all again :D

upload_2019-7-31_20-39-10.png

12. Current rankings:

1. Pretend racer 2.29.164 PC
    2. Leif 2.29.792 PC
    3. Lewisxbone 2.30.230 X1X
    4. F141 2:30.543 X1
    5. Drivermodftw 2.30.435 PC
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.32.722 Xb1
    7. Laughing Gravy 2.32.809 PS4
    8. Totall Wytoff 2.32.950 PS4
    9. Biner 2:33.607 PC
    10. LMX323 2.33.669 Xb1
    11. Rod100 2.33.900 Xb1
    12. Chaos_Chris 2.37.350 xb1

paul_wev and Lewisxbone like this.
  13. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 2.36.450 [​IMG]

It’s frustrating, can’t piece together a lap at all. I have gone off at every corner now !
    I watched the lap posted and I just can’t carry any speed through the fast corners , get on the throttle early enough for he straights or rotate the car in slow corners.
    One step forward last week and two step back.

Keep on pushing though. I think I need vr to get more feel. Any news on this for the xb1?

I will get there but you will have the tent set up by the time I do.lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

lol

15. hondo

hondo Gamer

1. Hondo
    2. 2.35.768
    3. PC
    4. upload_2019-7-31_19-33-31.png

First time doing the challenge, look forward to trying out new cars and tracks! This car is hard to push. Had to go easy to get a few laps in, will probably try another few sessions and try to push a little harder

16. Welcome to the WHC @hondo!
    Great to have a new player.:)
    There's lot's of advice available, if you have any questions or thoughts, just ask.
    If you haven't already, you could try the set-up and have a look at the vid posted by @Pretend racer earlier this week, it helped me hugely.

17. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Biner
    Improvement 2:32.818
    PC
    IMG_0515.JPG

This flashy girl...well...she has dashed my dreams of a sub 2:32 on the rocks and shoals of Corner 10...the dreaded Pouhon repeatedly! All the rest of her defences have fallen...only one left and it is formidable. A very challenging car to master.

18. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Ah my old nemesis track. This place is such a time sponge. You’ll come across the line convinced you’ve set the world on fire with a new record lap only to find you’re inexplicably 3 seconds down.

There are 2 secrets to this track:

1. you absolutely have to exploit every millimetre of legal track limit. For every millimetre of space you leave inside of pouhon, you’ll be waiting an agonising number of tenths before you’re back on the gas and on your way to T13. Same deal with stavelot, you’ll just haemorrhage time on the run up to blanchimont if you play it safe and keep it a respectable distance inside the white lines. There’s extra track out there, use it!
    2. Compromise the first corner into each complex to be better set up for the next. Les Combes, campus and the bus stop chicane will all punish you badly if you carry too much speed in initially. You’ll gain a tenth carrying lots of lovely speed in and then immediately lose 3 more repositioning the car scrabbling back across the track to set you up for the next. Take a slower late apex for the first turn to keep you on the correct side of the track and pointing nice and straight to quickly punch your way up to the next.

The choice of car will also mean a bit of a rethink and a different approach if you’re used to chucking a GT3 car round here. More of a tendency towards understeer and softer springs will mean weight transfer will be massively important especially into the complex corners mentioned above. If you arrive at the end of kemmel with your braking foot buried into the bulkhead and the front wheels buried into the arches in a “last of the late brakers” play, the back end will not be in the slightest bit interested in helping you out with traction or grip for the corner and you’ll be fighting the weight of the car from then on as you try and throw it left or right in an effort to reposition the car correctly for the following corner.

Will try and get some laps in today for this one. I’ve always gone bad at this track for all of the above reasons so It’s a good opportunity for me to banish my nemesis once and for all

19. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Great advice! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Who designed that bloody chicane?

Tilke?

Frank Spencer?

A blind gibbon?

It does my head in.

I'll try to find time to wrestle it this evening. :)

This one was much better: