1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

Hello @Minolin and community

We need better control of the weather in online servers.

It's ok to have random conditions in pub lobbies and CP servers, or just as feature for the giggles, but when it comes to league racing it's just frustrating that league admins cannot guarantee their drivers to be able to race in decent conditions.

Even with low levels of weather randomness (example: "cloudLevel": 0.60, "rain": 0.27, "weatherRandomness": 2), thunderstorm and red flag conditions still have a chance to happen (which by the way contradicts the 1.0.7 patch notes about this topic)

The game doesn't simulate safety cars and full course yellows (and even if it did, what kind of fun is driving in the rain in a single line at 60 kph until the track is drivable again?) so there is no way to handle unsafe weather conditions.

At the moment, the only way to guarantee that rain doesn't get out of hand is by deactivating weather randomness, which means either full dry or full wet races.

We need to be able to have weather transitions within a preset range of "best to worst" conditions, for example "clear to light rain", or "cloudy to heavy rain", or even "hot and dry to meteor shower" for sadistic league admins.

It'd be great if we could set them up in detail like in Project Cars 2, but even using random weather we need to be able to let our drivers (who often practice lots of hours before the official race) to know which range of possible conditions they will drive in (i believe that in real life there something similar, called "weather forecast" ;) )

Thanks and keep up the great work.

]ulz, Shooter80 and Oblit0r like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

in our league we've run quite a few races with "weatherRandomness": 1 and it just gets the occasional dizzle... even races where it's dry the whole time...
    sure there is more to be improved, but as far as random weather goes, it's pretty bloody good...

3. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

@Minolin Hi! We founded some bug in results.json. If you're making private server with forced entry list, driverId field in results json file is empty. Password protecter server's json has this info.
    And some small question: if there will be info about driver crashes in the results json? It was in AC and it could be useful for racing leagues.

Rolz likes this.
  4. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I second everything @VoodooChild said. Perhaps a straightforward interim solution would be to add a "rainMax" setting to the server (even just for passworded lobbies) to clip off the worst conditions, so that you could at least tell people "it might rain, but if it does, it shouldn't rain too hard" as opposed to "it might rain, hopefully it wont be a thunderstorm for the second race in a row, if it is, sorry and good luck".

Also a "rainStart" value would be nice too, so we can say "it'll start wet, but it may or may not dry up".

Indeed! The randomness appears to works really well combined with the time acceleration. Its really nice that you can't plan for the weather, its just that unfortunately it can be a bit too extreme on occasion.

VoodooChild likes this.
  5. ]ulz

]ulz Rookie

6. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

Could someone let me know how to get a light rain that comes in and goes away in a 40 min race? Im trying this.

"cloudLevel": 0.5,
    "rain": 0.9, // with random weather enabled, I understand this is the chance of rai
    "weatherRandomness": 5, //forces more changes
    "sessions": [
    {
    "hourOfDay": 19,
    "dayOfWeekend": 1,
    "timeMultiplier": 3, // pushes weather to change fasster?

Any suggestionn?

7. Filip Janota

Filip Janota Rookie

@PuppiesZ:
    As far as I know that's not possible at the moment. The weather is randomized based on the values you put in, and it's different every time the race weekend restarts.

On a different note, sometimes when last person leaves server during the FP session, the weekend should restart. It does, but the start time of the first Friday session does not restart. It's as if the time of day kept running, and didn't reset. Then the Friday FP starts at night instead of 16:00. Did anybody else encounter this issue?

And a last thing, is it possible to put two (or more) decimals to rain and cloud values in the json config? Server admin handbook says values of 0.1, 0.2 ..... 1.0, but I've seen values like 0.27, 0.13 etc. Does server accept these, or does it round up the numbers (in my example to 0.3 and 0.1)? I'd like to fine tune the weather a little based on real life data for rain and temp for various tracks. Thank you! :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    PuppiesZ likes this.
  8. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

I experienced the issue where the time continues and does not reset back to the programmed start time just yesterday. I jumped on my server which should be cycling 1400 for 40 minutes and it was like 22:00 hours.
    /next took it right back to 1400.

9. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

ambientTemp values have still no effect at all in 1.0.7 ?

And one question regarding the grip level:
    The only way to "adjust" the level of grip for each session, is to put it further up or down the timeline of the race weekend.
    Is that right for 1.0.7 ?

Thanks !!

10. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

I searched for AWS and didn't find much information here. I'd like to set up a server in AWS, but have no clue as to what the server requirements to get other than being a Windows box. Any recommended on server values to get.

11. Filip Janota

Filip Janota Rookie

@Dom Tuso :
    You mean the Amazon web services? I was running their free option for a while, but didn't like the CPU credit system, and their management consoles is a cluster****... But their free options are enough to run the server, so you can start there ;)

Rolz likes this.
  12. kro

kro Simracer

Same for us …

13. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

I don't mind paying for a good server. Just need to know from the ACC peeps the specs I should purchase on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and what things don't matter and what things do matter.

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

We run the t2.micro AWS server and it does the job fine... biggest issue will be finding drivers to fill it

15. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

"dumpEntryList": 1

Where I can find the file with entrylist?

16. Filip Janota

Filip Janota Rookie

@Dom Tuso :
    I ran t2.micro as well, now I'm running 2 cores / 4GB virtual machine from vultr.com for 36 USD/month. Serving 10 instances and working like a charm...

17. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

Yeah, ACC and the US don't really mix well. There's a lot of servers here in the US, but none of them seem to be setup with a race program that people enjoy. Most people want no more than 10 minutes of qual and then 15 or 20 for the race. I don't know of anyone who enjoys any minutes of practice time. Most here in US had 1440 practice

18. francki057

francki057 Rookie

bonjour, pouvez vous m'aider svp, j'aimerais savoir comment configurer nos serveurs pour avoir un grip optimal en qualification et en course, merci beaucoup

19. francki057

francki057 Rookie

hello, can you help me please, I would like to know how to configure our servers to have an optimal grip in qualifying and racing, thank you very much

20. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Wutzmann likes this.