1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally 2.0?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Me neither. I'd like to hear how to fix it step by step.

paul_wev likes this.
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I googled it in the internet. For me it works like this:

- Open device manager in windows
    - Start game
    - Alt+tab to device manager
    - Select an USB-Input-device under human interface devices and deactivate it. First you have to try to find the correct one because there are more than one. In my case it’s always the third last.
    - Alt+tab back to the game
    - stutter is gone (you can activate the UID device again)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

Ok I tried and it worked.

Don't understand why CM doesn't release a fix for this issue?

Mike1304 likes this.
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

It starts with the letter C and ends with M...Thats why.

5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

After spending more time with DR2.0, its really starting to grow on me.
    The immersion in VR is very good - with each stage having is own unique atmosphere, lighting and weather effects.
    Played through parts of the Wales stage, and at one point running through a misty forest with a small amount of light filtering through the canopy felt almost real.
    There's also nice touches like the unexpected events (usually crashed cars) that appear along the stage - adding a little more atmosphere and variation.

The physics still feel a little simplified in relation to RBR, but I think all the other factors like the modern graphics, audio, immersion more that makes up for it.
    I am therefore changing my earlier recommendation to a 'must buy' for any VR and sim racing enthusiast.

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Is any one else having problems with the contrast? Its too light in places and too dark in other areas, looking for a fix, turning down HDR did not fix it for me.

7. TTM

TTM Alien

It has been since release of the game. If i remember right there was update where CM ”fixed” this, but i haven’t seen any changes/fix with contrast.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's pretty bad on some stages. Not aware of any workarounds, besides playing with brightness, there is
    <hdr level="1.0" />
    setting in Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xm but it does not seem to affect anything.
    Love VR, very atmospheric, some stages like Sweden in zero visibility heavy snowfall just plain spooky.
    Very decent performance for what is rendered.
    Put together little guide with VR settings that worked for me.
    My wish list:
    - VR mouse support
    - Better tarmac physics/ffb
    - Better Auto Brightness/HDR control.

But overall, very happy with what CM is doing so far.

paul_wev likes this.
  9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Better ffb mainly.
    I usually play a lot AC then happens to play a stage on DR2 and it feels like my wheel is broken
    and yes, mouse would be good in vr
    also, a button to center view

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

F11 to recenter.

Loose surfaces are awesome. Tarmac while better than DR original, still could use a lot of work.
    My FFB settings, this is DD but you probably just need to scale self-aligning torque.
    upload_2019-8-21_18-19-46.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  11. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

look for <gamma level="1.0" />
    <gamma level="0.99" /> Slighty darker
    <gamma level="0.90" /> Darker
    <gamma level="0.10" /> Ray Charles Setting
    <gamma level="1.1" /> Sunglasses needed (would not try)
    <gamma level="1.4" /> Power of the sun (do not try)
    <gamma level="1.7" /> Blind, eyeball`s melting (do not try)

Kaktus10 likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Isn't that just brightness slider?

13. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

yep, "gamma is a nonlinear operation used to encode and decode luminance or tristimulus values in video or still image."

as you say in Layman's terms, how dark or bright the image is processed.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I meant it's just value from in game Brightness slider.