1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

HomeFriends' ACC's test killing stats

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Oluf, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Oluf

Oluf Rookie

Hi,

I am searching if there is a way to play ACC with a guest profil.
    People coming to home often want to try simracing and in particular this game.
    Is there a way for them to try my game whitout killing my stats?

I'm instantly launching Assetto Corsa to preserve my Consistency, Car control, Pace, Safety in ACC.

Do I have to own a 2nd steam account with another ACC's Key to make this possible?

Thanx for your replies.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Great visual of ACC's physics in real time... Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC's "netcode" creating alternate realities. Dec 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [NOT ACC's FAULT!] Severe Stutter with Non-synced FPS Apr 12, 2019

3. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

Since a few Days i had the same Question in my Mind. That would be awesome to switch to a second Offline/unrated Guest Profile. A friend of mine tested my new Rig and killed almost all of my Ratings.
    I really like to give People a Test Run of this fantastic Simulation, but it comes always with a hefty Price to pay. :D

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Gamer

Disable network or unplug network cable.

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Can someone confirm this? It doesn't 'catch up' once the game gets online again?

6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You Can use an 2nd Steam account and use " family share" option.
    I had some bad experiences with the unplug technic.

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Gamer

Like what? Problems with the profile or savegame?

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Can always just let them hotlap by themselves..

9. Wouldn't that affect the CC and CN too ?.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah however no big deal.. Those are quickly obtainable especially CC. SA on the other hand takes a lot of time to regain..

11. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Big SA drop After lettingnmy son play with m'y account. Don't know if i forgot to unplug or if data were sent when i plug ethernet câble?

12. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Does this work for you? I tried this workaround before summer but it didn't work, I had the same driver profile and stats.

13. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Driver name stay the same Indeed,but not stats.
    I think i've got to do some laps, then stats updates.
    World well. Maybe it's possible to change driver name aswell, i did not try ?

14. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Looking for such option as well. I also want to race with bots without affecting safety - they punish every bump a lot, and they do very weird braking and waving sometimes making them more tricky to avoid than wrammers in MP.. Also sometimes I want to go more aggressive against the bots, to practice and experiment defend and attack techniques or just have some casual fun racing them aggressively, but now, it is better to do it in MP as SA is less punished.
    Tried to disable the network adapter but the stats were updated later on, it seems it keeps them locally and sends them to the servers once online. Really a must have option which why was not there since the beginning is beyond me.

15. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

I also had the same problem, friends or family at home to try ACC (in single player for my rating and out of respect for other drivers clearly), after which I have to do an hour or so to put things right. :rolleyes:
    Certainly we would like an option that puts down the rating for the SP, a switch, we hope.

16. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

By the way Minolin confirmed that this feature will be available so I guess we'll just have to wait.

jaxx_za said:
    Do you think it would be possible to allow the user to turn off SA for certain offline races

Pier84 likes this.
  17. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

I didn't know, great news .. thanks for the info!

18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Great news if it does become available.
    I have a full motion sim rig and often tinker with it, which means I could spend several minutes on one lap and crash lots of times too or just go grass cutting (to feel the rig FFB etc).
    This again has caused issues with my ratings.

19. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

I let my friends play ACC offline (100% offline, cable unplugged, no Wi-Fi). My stats were not affected.

tjr likes this.
  20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I've just tested this myself and can also confirm that disconnecting once the game is running means that stats are not recorded, so suggest this is what the OP should do.

Something else I noticed though: before I tested this, I looked at my SA and the last 4-5 recorded bars were from '21 hours ago' but I haven't played for two days... :confused:

Coanda likes this.