1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean

Sean Simracer

Thanks to all Kunos staff for latest update and new content, very nice. The sim has become very well rounded now and polished. I'd have no prob recommending this sim to anyone, thanks again!

2. But nobody can say forever.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Hey XettMan, how does one go about utilizing "guest mode" ?

Thanks, anybody.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

They sure optimized a lot of performance in the rain. The replay I previously ran as benchmark, lowish FPS around 50, now is constantly over 60FPS at the same playtime.

Really great, as it seems rain/night performance is now closer to daylight performance.

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Ok then a 1999 BMW LMR V12 please, thanks:D

Coanda likes this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

After a first glimpse of v1.1 and what a great job with AI, FFB and increased number of opponents.

AI (100/100) lost its willingness to push the player's car, overshoot their braking points and crashing with the player and, yet, improved their braking, as the first Monza chicane is a good example.

FFB has some subtle changes: the understeer effect allows the driver to react quicker, noticing it sooner, front lock braking is also more noticeable, with the car having a better "front slide" effect and (don't know if FFB related or not) the way the car passes over kerbs has also more of a "suspension movement" and less of a "rigid impact" (don't know if this is understandable but I don't find a better term to express it)

Increased number of AI opponents now allows me to race with at least 38 AI at Spa without any issues whatsoever. Tried with 49 but the physics loss is huge (tens of thousands) for my CPU, causing stutter on some occasions.
    Unfortunately, I believe that 43 AI is the absolute limit for my CPU.
    Probably others with faster CPU can go with more AI.

Whitestar and Coanda like this.
  7. Si.

Si. Simracer

Congrats to all @ Kunos on the release of 1.1 :).

@Minolin as per a few others on here, stats and ratings are not loading, anything we can do/clear or just be patient or would some logs be useful? I figured it may just be busy servers?

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

thank you for v1.1 - really like the new Porsche! Doesn't wanna kill me quite as quickly as the last model haha

Anyone else notice server admin commands not working in game?
    Noticed that last night and just seeing if only us.

9. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

AI improvements and the fact I can now run more of them is very welcome. Of course I immediately tried 49 of them at Spa but started getting CPU warnings and some interesting warping where the render thread obviously couldn't keep up :D 45 was OK from a physics standpoint but the frame rate wasn't stable enough for VR (I look for a locked 45fps in ACC). 39 was just about OK and I could probably race with that :) A shame Monza can't accommodate more AI as it appears to have plenty of pit boxes, even Brands Hatch had it beat!

CPU upgrade is definitely in my future. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that can run 49 AI without an issue. The game seems to scale very nicely across cores/threads from a brief check of task manager while I was testing this out. Maybe 3900X or 3950X when it releases?

10. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

no reason to play with the 2018 season, long life to the 2019 content !

Tim Meuris and Piret2000 like this.
  11. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Edit: 720 S fast out of box,yes, but in MP Spa 2:16.2 is brutal (not me) :oops:

12. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Anyone fancy joining me for a race Friday evening? ;)

20191023223836_1.jpg

AurusCE, popo87, tabis and 4 others like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

oh man... 65cars on track would be pretty wicked! Shame my ping sucks to race on ur server :(

14. My friend drives the 43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in the US Squadra Corse series (LB Cup) and my company sponsored her car. Her team is Wayne Taylor Racing / Prestige Performance and her name is Stephanie Cemo (her co-driver is Ashton Harrison). A friend of hers sent her a screen shot showing her car and said it is included in the new update Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.1 released today. I downloaded the game and update and I can see the 2019 Huracan GT3 Evo cars, but I cannot find her team / car / drivers.

How can I find this particular car and drive it on the tracks?

The top pic is of the rendering supposedly from the game and the bottom picture is the actual car on the track at Laguna Seca last month.

IMG_2906.PNG IMG_2717.JPG

Thanks!

chksix, AurusCE and Thug like this.
  15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

That's actually a very good way of putting it. It's exactly how it feels to me as well, but I didn't know how to put it into words. :)

16. Def

Def Gamer

it’s probably unavailable due to the fact Kunos has liveries from Blancpain GT Europe

Awesome update. What can I say. I’m just eager to drive again tomorrow

Coanda likes this.
  17. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Three possibilites:

1. she lied
    2. she was mistaken
    3. you misunderstood

Either way, the car is not even featured in the game and the screenshot is probably coming from AC1 so I'll let you draw the conclusions.

Now back to the Aston

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  18. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I may be hard to please, but I know what I'll be doing this weekend with the same harsh conditions, but probably not in one playthrough (my sleep pattern is bad already),

though I hope for a small sound fix/tweak for the famous Porsche whine, which isn't very pronounced, or maybe I've gone deaf from 300 hours of driving my ROWE BMW M6.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Great update Kunos, have only had a couple of hours on it so haven't deep dived yet but am liking what I've seen so far.

There are big additions such as new cars and a new track, yet it's the smaller details coming together that are making the biggest difference for me so far.

I got disproportionately excited when I discovered this in the pit screen :D Thanks!

Session times.jpg