1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yes! no more sacrificial lamb with first one to track to let us all know what time of day it was lol

Xr4eyes, Coanda, Son and 2 others like this.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The spotter is getting better and better too, i think if it's ever going to be taken seriously though it needs an 'enable swearing' option. Currently I'm just not feeling berated enough post race :confused:

Turk, david m, Mr.Mugel and 4 others like this.
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

All this sounds great, shame I can't try it out for a when as I am putting together a new PC. I dont suppose you can map the left fanatec stick on the formula v2 rims yet? I am waiting for these to be mappable so it can be used for look left and right? This is one of my gripes as it is the only racing sim I have played that doent have this option.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

You can probably do that by assigning the stick to the keyboard shortcuts for look left/right in a key mapping utility like joy2key or xpadder

5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Spent a few hours in ACC tonight and i'm really impressed.

This update really changed the game for me:

Pro's:
    -Triple screens (it has to be there these days) and not only is it easy to setup, but it works great. Great job!
    -Performance - runs better, LOD for opponents has been turned down so that's part of it, but overall it definitely runs better and I picked up some frames
    -Cars/Tracks -zandvoort is fantastic as are all the cars as you would expect from Kunos
    -FFB seems to be slightly tweaked. I'd guess more horizontal influence and less dampening but its hard to tell. Very subtle. I like it, but the Porsche GT3 feels a bit odd because it's so light.
    -Sounds - finally, someone has modeled the Porsche GT3 6th gear sound! Listen to onboards and you know what I mean. So impressed this detail has been added. The gold standard for audio right now in simracing. Hands down.
    -Pit crew animations are great!
    -AI now passes each other and crashes out randomly

Cons:
    -Still could use a bit more sharpness for me, but it's very close. I'm mostly looking at that subtle fuzziness on most dashes (miles better than it was though and this is a small issue)
    -I like where the FFB is at, but if I drive the Cup car (which is better now due to whatever tweaks were made), I still feel it's missing a tiny bit of feedback from rear. Not much, just a bit. No wiggles under braking or load from rear
    -AI seems to be too kind to me now. Even at 90 aggressiveness they dive out of the way if I'm a jerk and dive bomb them. They also seem to keep too much distance from me.

R. Iván and Piret2000 like this.
  6. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

You can adress this very light feeling by increasing the caster value. I went with 10.6 and can feel the car much netter now.

My problem with the car is its freaking low top speed. At Spa for example there is a 10 kp/h difference between the BMW and the Porsche at the end of kemmel straight (268 vs 258 on aggressive). Thats pretty harsh in a race, because you lose propably half a second

Whitestar and EsxPaul like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm wondering about this entry in the changelog:

It's been established by different users before that opponent cars take almost the same FPS toll whether they're in or out of sight. Even when you'd let them drive away so they're on the other side of the circuit, that is. Sounds a lot like the improvements are related to that point.

8. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

In the options, general or gameplay (I forgot) there you can set if ratings and statistics are used in SP. This is really really useful, because now anybody can try ACC in SP without destroying your ratings.

LATE4APEX and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Congrats to the KS team for this 1.1

10. mizz

mizz Rookie

still have the problem, when i choose the 2019 season, I only have 6 manufaturers...
    only one porsche team (dinamic motorsport) and no honda or what so ever.
    on the BP website found this:

Attached Files:

11. david m

david m Racer

Awesome update.
    Triple screen support works perfect, and little impact.
    2019 cars seems fantastic.
    Nice way to handle 2018/2019 cars and his BOP for each track/season
    Good to see evolution in multiplayer; like see the other drivers lap times and sectors, and the details of the server you joined, now we can know how is server configured and in wich hour of the day we will drive!! (it would help also to have some more details of the server
    like know if there's a'time accel x1- x2 - x3...and also will be good to see in wich track track, 2018 or 2019, we are driving when we are in)

Fingers crossed to see more evolution in this kind of things in multiplayer! :)

Also would be fantastic to have different options in distances of the races on CP servers ,and make a schedule and booking option so we can see at what times exactly the races are scheduled and book for it. (I bet it would become pretty popular) ;)

Also I heard in the interview of RD with @Aristotelis about physics changes like de slipstream thing, and altough I didn't tested yesterday , sounds very good what he explained. It's sensational to heard the motivation of this developers, to see they keep improving this tittle, it's such a pleasure what you guys did with ACC.

I had payed iracing since day one in 2009 and I will keep doing it , and I will keep buying any simulator that it deserves and comes out, because really love this racing games, but anyway what I wanted to say is that in my opinion what KUNOS simulazioni has done with ACC with all of the features that have and such good sensations that bring us when we dirve it...this game for the little amount we have payed....outstanding. From the businees point of view it is suprising how you have achieved all with this little amount of money we pay.
    And when I read someone complaining about something about ACC , and although is legit and I understand that is good that people share his opinions and his complains... but at the end sometimes depending in the way people complain, I just think that people really have no idea to value things objectively.

So good to have you kunos simulazioni!
    ACC will probably and although there wil be many people who will not see it never, one of the best titles of racing simulation.

12. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

Thanks. I'll give that a try as the new Porsche feels ultra light at the slightest hint of understeer, to the point where my ffb feels as if it's been switched off completely.

Will changing the castor setting alter the car behaviour as a side effect of getting that feeling of extra weight?

ManroV likes this.
  13. steevee

steevee Racer

65??? how mate?

14. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

As far as I know, no.
    I got a t300 wheel for reference. If you got a wheel with stronger FFB, consider a lower value.

EsxPaul likes this.
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Love this update, seriuosly excellent work.;)

Pro's:
    Great new liveries.
    Zandvoort. (can't wait for the next 4)
    Ghosting from cars in replays virtually all gone.
    Overall performance and looks so much more smoother.
    Working Pitcrews.
    Being able to freeze driver ratings.
    Loads of nice menu additions.
    Being able to remove extra pit box markers.

Con's:
    Relative box still badley cut.
    Save setup still first to appear in menu. (needs to be load)
    Still way to dark when it rains.
    Would like to beable to set cockpit FOV for each model of car.
    Would like my name abbreviation to appear on car in all session.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Hello,

Nice looking race car.

It must be a mistake here.
    The model look like to be from AC not ACC. You can check for some help at the bottom forum front page.

Hope it help.

Good races!

17. Captain Barracuda

A bit of my feedback on the cons you've listed for the benefit of devs getting an additional point of view :)

Relative box still badley cut - would like to see some options even just in the hud.json to customise size and positioning of each of the UI widgets + parameters for the MFD like there is for the chat box (I'm sure these options already exist but aren't public knowledge, not listed in the file by default)

Save setup still first to appear in menu. (needs to be load) - I would prefer a 'Are you sure you'd like to save/load' rather than load being first. With load being first it's still possible to lose the setup you're currently working on which if it's your best setup you've made, is just as bad as overwriting an existing saved setup.

Still way to dark when it rains - I love the dark textures/bitumen in ACC. For years I've disliked the pasty grey bitumen in racing sims, I like the contrast here.

Would like to beable to set cockpit FOV for each model of car. - Unless I've misread you can already do this in the view settings. It saves and auto recalls the individual parameters that you set for each car.

Would like my name abbreviation to appear on car in all session - Assuming you're talking about SP showing the RL driver name instead of the player name? I'm not fussed on this but can understand why you'd want this and can also understand why people racing as their favourite driver would like the current implementation. An option would be nice.

Son likes this.
  18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

ACC the crown jewel.:cool:

It should be called WSRAF not ACC!:D

The British, aero monsters, they run planted.

The Audi, nice one, lots of fun, attack hard.

Honda and Lambo, did a very short test. The Honda feel very composured.

Did a race at PR, Mr. Git server with the Porsche, the car still very unique and precision, have too be mastered.

Find the intro movie and some of the UI background picture very pixelated, prior to v1.1 was nice.

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Rolz likes this.
  20. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Anyone have the issue with the driver who change TC alone?