1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BOP Discussion - 2019 cars and tracks

So our guys over at https://www.redlinemotorsport.co.uk/ have compiled a comparison of the 2019 “Balance or Performance” or BOP for the different cars on the different tracks.

We’re not done yet with every track, but so far can say that Kunos and the closed beta testers have done an awesome job!! Several cars are extremely close together on any particular track.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Updated 15/02/2020 14:06)

Method: “Hotlap” session with 10l of fuel, “Optimum” track with cloudy sky, 22°C track temperature, standard “aggressive” preset with the only modification being tyre pressures to match 28 psi hot. Slight variations per driver in use of abs, tc and brake balance. Max. 10 laps per car and track.

We tried to rank the cars based on average performance across all the tracks that we have completed so far. Note that the difference between several cars is so marginal that a car on “P8” doesn’t mean it is not competitive in a league race or so. At the contrary, the BOP seems very well done so that nearly all cars can be race-winning with a good driver and proper setup tweaks.

Once we’re done with this qualifying or hotlap BOP comparison, we might move on to do the same thing for Race runs as well (Green track, 80l of fuel).

We’re more than happy if you would like to contribute your times as well! Just post them here or send them to us in our discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/s5GDSAc) and we include them on our sheet. Please note that we’ll only accept runs that contain valid laps for all 13 cars per track of the 2019 season, and no setup tweaks beyond the abovementioned ones are permitted to ensure comparable results.

*Disclaimer: while the laps were done by experienced and consistent drivers, I guess we all here know that one car may suit a given racer’s driving style more so than another. So take these times with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    N.Madeira, Conantra, shardsx and 50 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics BoP discussion. Jul 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions v1.0 BoP Discussion May 30, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Single player Lamborghini BOP Jan 13, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC General Discussions New LFM Custom BOP on the making! Sep 7, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics The Audi is overpowered, and the BOP is broken in general. Jul 24, 2022
    Chit Chat Room URD AMR BOP and Wet Tires Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server BOP not additive Jan 18, 2022
    Bug reports ACC Server BOP not additive Jan 18, 2022
    ACC Physics [Shared Memory] maxFuel isn't affected by track bop Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Physics Ferrari Bathurst BoP Too Extreme? Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Setup File "trackBoptype" Jul 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Negative Camber limit glitch [2020 BOP camber limits imposed] May 19, 2021

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Excellent information. Thank you very much.. :cool:

4. Cucumber_86

Cucumber_86 Gamer

Awesome stuff. :D One Question. How did you do the testing for top speed at Monza?
    Lexus and BMW seem a little too fast from what I've tested at monza

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nice job, thanks for confirming and double verifying our job!
    I believe that in race trim the differences will be even lower and the grid mixed up. I suggest you try in at least FAST track, as in race conditions the track rubbers up quite fast.
    If you want to go the extra mile (ok the extra 100 miles lol!) another cool comparison would be to check after the initial 5-6 laps (depending on track) when the tyres lose their "qual extra grip" and settle to a stable behaviour for lot's of laps.

Thanks!

6. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I was doing the same (on a smaller scale, i.e. fewer tracks) and I had similar results, thanks for your deep analysis! Just take the car that better suits your driving style and makes you tingle, you won't regret it

7. Chriss

Chriss Racer

That's exactly the thing, we are about to add a new track it already moves the order around a bit because the cars, especially the top 5 cars, are so freakingly close together! So that is really good news, if you have experience with "your" car and know how to set it up, you can have race winning pace in basically any car in the 2019 season.

There is the odd outlier in performance, e.g. McLaren in Nurburgring (too fast) or the "old" Huracan in Zolder (too fast, times will be added), but overall it seems extremely well done. :)

m_box97 likes this.
  8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

What i found out that new cars are more neutral on aggressive setup, some old cars had understeer even on aggressive setup but new cars have lot of apex speed (especially porsche) while still keeping rear end planted off.
    I have managed similar lap times but tweaked setup.
    I love this kind of thread, maybe i will give it a shot.

9. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Is the NSX the EVO? You stated EVOs on the other updated cars, if so, shame its at the bottom of the bunch :'(

Nice job!

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Those are 2019 cars si i think it's the NSX Evo.
    If you look at endurance tracks, where she race (Monza, Silverstone,)it's not that far from the others.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  11. James P

James P Simracer

Yes all 4 of us drivers chose the NSX EVO. I wouldn't say it's slow per se, it's just a little tricky and the default setup certainly wasnt optimised.

Some preset setups felt better than others and the NSX has plenty of time to find with a bit of fiddling. It feels stable, much better on the brakes than the old car and has much better acceleration (its Achilles heel with 2018).

The TC system also seems worse than on other cars (not a Kunos issue but real life by the look of it) where it cuts in too late once traction is broken and then cuts in too aggressively stopping your momentum.

Other cars TC systems seem much more reliable and progressive when pushing. We need to do some more testing though so it's far from conclusive. Just our initial impressions.

Tim Meuris and popo87 like this.
  12. popo87

popo87 Simracer

Good job guys!

13. James P

James P Simracer

With the Monza top speed I was calculating it in the same place on the same lap for every car.

On the 1st hot lap of each session, getting the best momentum in each car off Parabolica using the racing line, I measured the top speeds at the 150m board on the pit straight just as I was about to brake for T1.

I was amazed how quick the BMW and Lexus were. I think every Monza default setup has zero wing so it must just be that those 2 cars have the least drag and most efficient external aero surfaces

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Top speed on a limited straight (even if long) is affected by max power, drag and acceleration. Because at Monza everybody runs very low rear wing angle, the main influence is the acceleration and max power. Both BMW and Lexus are pretty good on that. Gear ratios are also important.

Go away from Monza, to a different track like Paul Ricard, with a very very long straight but twisty rest of the circuit, and you need a setup with enough wing to produce good downforce to be fast in the rest of the circuit. This will give you a better indication on which car has the best efficiency, which means drag to downforce ratio. Results will get mixed again, for example old Aston has a very high top speed. Audi is extremely fast and 2019 Ferrari also gained extra speed on par with the Lamborghini, and so on.

AurusCE, Tim Meuris, James P and 2 others like this.
  15. Cucumber_86

Cucumber_86 Gamer

Ah Ok. I'll share what I've got anyway. I did top speed testing in hot conditions so it's a bit different.

Attached Files:

16. Chriss

Chriss Racer

awesome stuff @OOR | Cucumber thanks for sharing! Pack is quite close together, interesting find that the Porsche is still slower than e.g. Audi, Aston, Lexus on straight line. Not as drastically as in 2018 but still significant, I would say...

Cucumber_86 likes this.
  17. James P

James P Simracer

Yes hot conditions always put more strain on turbo cars due to the less dense charged air so results will vary quite a bit for those. N/A cars will also be affected but not as much.

With my 21 degrees air temp that would explain why I'm achieving more top speed than with your hotter conditions

Cucumber_86 likes this.
  18. James P

James P Simracer

Thanks Aris, I will do a pure top speed test down the Mistral straight at Paul Ricard over the weekend, to see how much the pack gets shuffled around when running a chunk of wing angle. I'll post my results with the same conditions on here too.

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@redlinemotorsport.co.uk Hello i did some hotlaps with porsche on given conditions at sliverstone i got little bit better lap time,i got a screen shot should i post here ?
    I don't use discord.

20. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Hey @SimGuy_1 sure mate post your times here! Interested to see what you could achieve!

Side note: on every track with every car, it is possible to get sightly better times. Our goal here was not to post the best lap times possible, but to do a consistent comparison of all 2019 cars on one track in one session with one single driver behind the wheel to achieve maximum comparability of results. So we'll only add results to our table that contain a session with all cars on one track from one driver. :)

Btw table has been updated with 2 more tracks! Especially cars on position 1-4 are extreeemely close together and I believe also the Ferrari can absolutely be on pace with the 1-4 cars.

21. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

oh i get it. so i have do single car on multiple tracks,makes sense. Still here is the picture.
    Porsche 991.2 sliverstone.jpg

This was done on cloudy preset and aggressive setup.