1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

27 vs 32in for triple screen setup. Help needed.

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Raf Per, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

I need some help from those that have used both sizes.

I will be racing mostly Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing and Project Cars2

My PC is an i9 with 32GB RAM and RTX 2080. I am not interested in VR at the moment.

Rig: rSeat S1 and will likely get at Sim-Lab triple monitor stand. Fanatec CSW 2.5, formula wheel and V3 pedals. Currently using a 4K 55in TV at about 95cm from me.

With the triple setup I can get a 27in monitor about 55cm from me if the monitor sits between the wheel and wheelbase or I can get the 32in about 70cm if monitors are just behind the wheelbase. I used the edracing.com to calculate the distance based on size of monitor.

I would like to get a 1440p, <5ms, 144+Hz monitor. Ideally with G-Sync.

Most of the 32in monitors I am considering are VA and do not have G-Sync. The 27in ones are IPS and some have G-Sync.

Main question is regarding the size in order to get the desired 1:1 and 180FoV.

Would you rather have a IPS 27in just behind the wheel with G-Sync or 32in VA behind the wheelbase with no G-Sync?

Thank you in advance for your input.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple monitor Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    Screens & Videos Triple monitor Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4070 ti for Triple 1440p monitors? Apr 12, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple screen View Settings have no effect. [Wrong executable command active] Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help on building a high end PC for ACC triple+1 screens setup Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Screen flickering (trees, tyre walls and various objects) - only when "triple screen" is set to on? Jun 3, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No car shadows on side triple screens? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface Triple Screen Replays Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen FOV setting tied to which view ? Feb 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New more solid rig or triple screens ? Nov 25, 2021

3. Hi,

I'am actually in the same reflexion as you're but maybe more advanced concerning the size of this future triple screen setup.
    I will buy triple 32 inch 144 Hz monitors that will be installed behind the wheelbase at 75 cm to my eyes.

Now, I'am wondering about "FHD" (1920*1080) or "WQHD" (2560*1440) and curved or not ; with the last one I will be at the max supported resolution for my Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 and don't know about capability to ensure this resolution at good fps (coupled with a Intel Core i7-9700k)

Is there a real improvement in term of image quality from fhd to wqhd ?

If some of you guys have already this kind of hardware, please, would you share your feedback and advices ;)

Raf Per likes this.
  4. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Single c32hg70 user here. I'm definitly going for two more. I believe triple setup with these monitors will rock. WQHD is better when bigger. My only concern is if free sync will work on all three with nvidia gfx

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  5. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

That monitor does look great! Outside my budget though! I am looking at the LC32JG52QQNXZA, AOC CQ32G1, AOPEN 32HC1QUR Pbidpx and Pixio PX329. They are all similar in price and features. Will see what Black Friday will bring the price down to decide. Some of the brands are new to me (AOC, Pixio etc) and not so sure if reliable. Amazon review are okay. Lets see.

6. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

That's a very good question! I would be great if some GTX 2080 users with triple monitors could pitch in and tell what monitors they are using and what frame rates, quality they are getting. I am not sure if the pix density between a 32in 1080p vs a 1440p would be that different.

What 1080p 32in monitors have you looked at so far? These are the 1440p I have shortlisted: LC32JG52QQNXZA, AOC CQ32G1, AOPEN 32HC1QUR Pbidpx and Pixio PX329.

Beside the speed specs, I am also looking at the smallest lateral bezel possible.

Cheers

Raf

7. Hi raf,

I was looking this two monitors :
    • AOC CQ32G1

• Samsung C32JG50
    But the AOPEN (affiliate of ACER compagny) seems good to ;), thank you.

I have now to wait a little bit for money ; this will happen first quarter of 2020.

Raf Per likes this.
  8. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

I use 3 Dell S2716DG 27 inch WQHD G-Sync and have ~90 frames.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

90 fps on triple 1440p.. hmm please post your hardware specs, video settings and race scenario info..

10. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

RTX 2080, Ryzen 7 2700x, only SSD, 16GB Ram.

8694F9FE-4631-4690-B09F-5A9A5F4A479E.jpeg 2E5B1CD5-B6C5-4D6F-81A3-453236CFCF0E.jpeg

plm546 and Coanda like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

12. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

Only single player 20 KI´s.

Coanda likes this.
  13. Hi Raf,
    Did you find a good deal during BF ?

14. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

The above scenario is exactly why I choose to go 3x32” 1080p. A little less detail, but you can sit 70 cm away so this isnt an issue. I choose to go for higher ingame settings and high fps. Inunderstand these are personal prefferences, just want to say that for me, this is very satisfying.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Raf Per and Olivier Boissel like this.
  15. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

I ended up with the AOPEN 32HC1QUR - which is a 32" 1440p 144hz 4ms monitor. Just got them today and waiting for SimLab to ship the monitor stand. I will post my impression and frame rates with ACC as soon as I get all up and running.

Olivier Boissel and Coanda like this.
  16. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

That's smart. I hope my PC will drive the 3 x 1440p well.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That would be great as I am torn between 3 x 1080p & 3 x 1440p

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  18. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

Very preliminary impressions (i9/GTX2080/32RAM/ 3 x 1440p):

ACC: 50fps
    PC2: 60fps
    iRacing: 100fps

I used NVidia Surround to set them up. My monitors are Free-Sync compatible, I have not tried to run them as G-sync yet.

As far as ACC goes, I tried to lower some setting and even running at 1/2 resolution (looks terrible) and I was still getting poor performance. So I believe the problem has to do with how I configured the monitors.

I will do some troubleshooting tonight and hopefully I can get the same performance as Trifighter78

Raf

Olivier Boissel and Coanda like this.
  19. Thanks for the feedback Raf.
    I hope you'll find the way to recover good fps.

20. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

21. Raf Per

Raf Per Rookie

Did some extra testing last night:

Performance/fps with 7680x1440:

ACC: Low (92-114fps), Mid (55-70fps), High (39-47fps) and Epic (23-36fps)
    PC2: Low (79-93fps), Med (60-80fps), High (35-46fps)
    iRacing: Good settings around 150fps but dropping to under 100 when racing against others.

Borrowed 3 x 1080p and run exactly same sims/configs:

ACC: Low (100-134ps), Mid (90-100fps), High 65-70fps) and Epic (49-50fps)
    PC2: Low (110-120fps), Med (60-100fps?), High (70-90fps?) I must have mixed up some settings here.
    iRacing: Good settings around 180fps but dropping to under 120 when racing against others.

I was expecting a bit more performance when downsizing to 1080p. I wonder if I have something wrong on my configuration/PC.
    I am thinking about starting a new thread just to discuss GTX2080 and 1440p.

Raf

Stains and Coanda like this.