1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oval content.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ilia3075, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilia3075

ilia3075 Rookie

First of all,i want to apologize for my bad English,because i am not an english native speaker. I would like to ask game developers about game content extension.There is only a road content in ACC.Didnt you think to add oval content (i mean NASCAR and INDYCAR).There are a lot of simracers,who loves oval racing.But now,if you want to race in NASCAR or INDYCAR,there is only one way for you to go-Iracing.To my mind,ACC is a reasonable alternative to Iracing.If you dont want to pay constantly a lot of money,but want a hardcore racing simulator-you choose ACC,and it concerns only roadracers,but NASCAR and INDYCAR fans are deprived of it.I am sure,if you add oval content,a lot of oval fans move on from Iracing to ACC and the number of ACC players will increase at least 2 times or even more.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Discord.me/ASRL Assetto Corsa Oval Racing in NASCAR 2020 Mod on Tuesdays at 9PM EDT starting August Aug 5, 2021
    General modding discussion Crowd Removal ? Dec 18, 2019
    General modding discussion Request for most basic of basic ovals (ignore!) Jun 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Mod Indy Cars and oval tracks Mar 5, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Daytona Oval Circuit - TV Cam Aug 18, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Photo Mode HUD removal for a Steam screenshot. Jun 26, 2017
    Console Lounge Graphic Effects Removal/Downgrade (1.9) Dec 8, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Monza66 wheels on non-player cars in wrong position (oval) Sep 20, 2016
    Console Lounge Patch approval Sep 10, 2016
    Suggestions E30 car limit removal or E30 only lobby Sep 1, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Oval tracks and AC Physics Jun 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Camera removal instruction Apr 10, 2016
    Tracks modding 8WAY, 8 shaped oval idea Feb 22, 2016
    Tracks modding Ovals and high speed tracks Jun 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Will we ever see oval racing in ac? May 17, 2015

3. Si.

Si. Simracer

ACC is GT3 only, no ovals, rings or any other shapes!

m_box97, GCCRacer and any any like this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You can definitely tell when there’s an influx of new people on the forum by the quality of the questions can’t you... haha

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I can see the need for some variety in RACING, nothing wrong with the possibility of Kunos coming up with ACO.

Oval racing can be a lot of fun, especially of you like side by side racing..

Hey,... maybe just bring the old Monza banks as in AC1.

6. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Please God no

Tim Meuris and GCCRacer like this.
  7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Nobodies forcing you to,... !!!

But its always good for you to have an open mind.

Dufloth likes this.
  8. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

How about Top Fuel dragsters while we’re at it then...?

GCCRacer and anthony galmiche like this.
  9. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Open ACC to modders and there shall be heaven on earth.

10. ... and completely ruin ACC as a simulation.

11. Best look into PCARS2 (poor shape and no supoort), iRacing (ongoing support but expensive), or other open titles.

ACC is focused. It may grow but no reason to assume anything other than Blancpain GT-series will be on the content list.

12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

May as well throw in some fishing as well, it has about the same relevance to ACC as oval racing

13. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Oval racing....what's next? Lawnmowers??

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

We have lawnmowers in original AC.

in seriousness though it would be ridiculous for every sim to do everything.

If you want ovals? iRacing is your friend, they are very good at it.

GT3 racing its ACC without a doubt.

Jack of all trades? That would be AC

everyone does something very well, pick one pick all.

eracerhead and m_box97 like this.
  15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

lol how is this thread not locked yet?

16. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Holidays.

17. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

ACC isn't like AC1, this simulator is the official blancpain series simulator. Asking for nascar cars and tracks is like if I go to the codemasters forums and ask to the developers to include japanese drift cars and a free roam mountain course map in F1 2019.

lero likes this.
  18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Last I cared, there was a lot of oval content coming to RF2. Amongst a myriad other reasons that's why I left there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.