1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Trans whine too loud on some cars

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Speedster911, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Kunos,
    I love you guys!

I love your product - bar none the best physics I've experienced in any console driving game to date. I love the clean and crisp look of the game, and dear God - good job on the sounds of the cars!!!

My only complaint with the game is that the transmission whine is just abnormally loud in certain cars that don't have it in real life - like the LaFerrari, 599XX Evo, Huracan Performante and many others.

The motor and exhaust sounds are so brilliant but drowned out by the the high-pitched trans whine, which I find extremely unusual. In a striped-to-the-bone GT race car, the trans whine is loud but why these road cars with reasonable cockpit insulation? The 599XX-E is a track car I understand, but the trans does not whine like that in the actual car.

Please, oh please Kunos - I know you're very busy but please release a small update to include option for adjusting transmission volume. I'll buy all your fantastic products on PC and Xbox with eyes closed in future and regret not purchasing this masterpiece earlier.

Please consider this humble request. It's a genuine issue that's seriously affecting the gameplay/fun factor with some of the cars. It's a quick and easy fix - so please release a small patch for this, can you?

Any other way to let the developers know??? @AC Support @AC_CM505

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Inconsistent Transmission Whine Pitch on all Porsches May 7, 2020
    ACC Audio Compressor sound/transmission whine GONE Dec 15, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Ferrari TheFerrari transmission whine Nov 28, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Bmw z4 gt3 transmission whine Aug 7, 2015
    ACC User Interface Series selection translate error Apr 22, 2023
    Screens & Videos 1970 Trans-Am Bridgehampton Apr 16, 2023
    Screens & Videos TransAm 1970 Mid-Ohio Mar 16, 2023
    ACC User Interface HUD "rectangular area" not transparent in VR Mar 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Transferring from old PC to new PC Feb 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos Trans Am 1970 Bryar Motorsports Park Feb 16, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 32bit vs 64bit transparency problem Apr 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Will ACC PS4 trophies transfere to PS5 when transfering save data? Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Physics Weather transitions bugged since 1.8? Jan 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface Tire pressure not transmitted + McLaren headlight blinking Dec 17, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Pessio Mustard Bull SCCA Trans Am Apr 28, 2021