1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G29 pedal upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Naondave, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Naondave

Naondave Racer

Hello everyone.

I own the G29 but I am looking to get a little more consistency out of the pedals. I am planning to do something this month. My options are the GTEye spring set, Fanatec CSL elite pedals or the Clubsport V3. I can afford the V3 but I would like to upgrade the G29 wheel to the CSL Elite at some point. I’m leaning towards the brake spring mods because the G29 pedals are so well built it seems like a waste getting rid of them. I could also then put that money towards a wheel.

How much will spending 60 bucks for the GTEye improve my pedal set? Or is spending the money on the V3s worth it so much to ditch the 29 pedals and upgrade?

Thoughts?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 G29 Steeringwheel and pedal input are not werking. Dec 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 Pedals Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 wheel with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting My Logitech G29 pedal shifters won't work Feb 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 throttle pedal and dead zone Dec 29, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Brake Pedal Problem Dec 22, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions g29 pedals Aug 3, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 pedal inputs flicker then stop working intermittently Feb 1, 2017
    Console Lounge G29 / G920 Brake Pedal Mod Jan 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 Brake Pedal Course (Comparision with PCars and R3R) Sep 15, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g29 pedal issue Dec 27, 2015
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Lut files for g29 on 1.9 Jul 28, 2023

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think, unless your planning to buy a DD wheel, the pedals are more important. The spring mod is a good super cheap option to upgrade your current pedals a little, CSP's are a great upgrade IMO, I could switch my T500 wheel back down to a DFGT and it wouldnt be the end of the world but no way i'd go back to Logi pedals having used CSP V2.

Biner likes this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I used G25 stock -> G25 with GTEye brake spring mod -> Fanatec CSL LC.

IMO, the GTEye brake mod spring is a very good improvement over the normal one. Never tried the clutch and throttle springs though, but I doubt those will really help you or are worth the money. (some ppl. installed stock brake spring to the clutch pedal and stock clutch spring to the throttle pedals, though I never felt the need to do that)
    Especially in cars without ABS the progressive brake helps a lot.

The Fanatec CSL pedals though are a different league though, even to a G25 (or it's predecessors) with GTEye brake mod.
    The longer travel for clutch and throttle are a very good improvement on having better control on launching the car and of course throttle modulation while driving. Although I've reduced the throttle travel a bit for two reasons, the throw was a bit too long for my taste, but more important with the set back throttle it's easier to heel and toe on downshifts.

The biggest improvement though is the loadcell brake, I've set up my bushings with a mixture of the hard (I think 3x) and medium ones, this is a pretty stiff brake feel, but you can set it up in many ways and the switch is done in a minute or so. It's easy to swap them, but a bit fiddly.

Looking at it now, if you can afford it, go for the loadcell pedals now, because of these 2 (3) reasons I see:

- re-adjusting your muscle memory takes some time, so if you think about the swap, skip one step and go directly for the 'end'-solution

- (the bigger point) it didn't take long until I could match my old times and within a few weeks pretty much significantly improved my personal bests overall while also gaining more control, better brake feel/precision and consistency

(- if you intend to upgrade your wheel too, then at some point you either need to spent some money on an adapter to keep using the G29 pedals or need new pedals anyway)

Can't help you though on a decission between CSL and CSP, although many now recommend to order the brake performance kit for the CSP which looks like it does the same thing as the bushings included in the CSL LC.
    I'm in Germany and the shop says it's 220€ for the CSL LC vs. 390€ for the CSP with brake performance kit.

Biner likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The Ricmotech load cell upgrade for Logitech is another option: http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_G25_G27_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm

I've read good things and actually baught one but then got offered V2 CSP pedals so using those and sold the load cell upgrade.

Once you get use to a load cell brake there is no going back, so much easier to control and heel toe. It's much more representative of a car brake, especially race car brake

Biner likes this.
  7. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

I just installed the GTEye brake pedal mod on my G27 and it makes the brake pedal feel much more realistic and I got used to it right away. Took me less than an hour to install. And my braking has definitely improved, resulting in some faster lap times. Looking at ptracker and analyzing the lap graph, I was always overbraking compared to the fast drivers. Now, I am much closer to their braking performance so, for me, this was a great upgrade for not much money. Also, GTEye's customer service (part delivery, communication, installation instructions) were excellent.
    However, at some point in the future, I would definitely move up to the load cell based pedals as the ultimate solution. @Schnipp has been through the full transition from G25 stock, to GTEye, to Fanatecs and if he says it is the bomb, then that's good enough for me.

Good luck with it!
    ps- as per Schnipp's post, the pedal set must be firmly attached to something after you do the mod. Mine is bolted into a rig.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Schnipp likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I had GTEye on a G27 also (did the stock brake/clutch spring swap into clutch/throttle as well.) Unlike you guys I dont think it altered my pace all that much. At first I was slower for a few days or weeks, then more or less the same with a little more adjustability from the longer throw of the CSP V2 throttle. You probably need a rig to make full use of a load cell brake but you can get away with using a wheel stand, I have to keep pulling it towards be as it slides across the carpet a little but ive lived with it for a few years with no real issue.

9. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I just replaced my G25 pedals with T3PA-Pro Pedals from Thrustmaster.
    Picked them up brand new for £95, the only downside is that unless you have a thrusmaster wheel you will need the T.RJ12 USB adaptor (£13, but constantly out of stock!)
    The brake isnt a load cell but the conical rubber that is supplied improves the feel of them.

There are load cell mods available for them and I think they should be quite easy to mod yourself.
    A future project is to replace the conical rubber with a load cell (around £45, and connect that to a bodnar BU0836-LC £27).
    So hopefully i can build my own load cell mod for less than £80.

Worth considering.

Schnipp likes this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I plugged my T500 pedals in once. I'd say they bridge the gap between G27 pedals and CS pedals more or less (I assume they are similar to T3PA.)

11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Could they be inverted andy as the Pro's can be inverted which is why i got them

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yep you can flip the base around, it is a nice feature :)

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah I have T500 mounted in inverted mode, and modded the brake (basher mod further modified by myself) - if I hadn't done this I would have probably bought a new pedal set ages ago.

I definitely got quicker once used to a harder brake pedal, but still think I lose time compared to Aliens under braking.

However I tend to focus more on exit speed than corner entry, maybe thats why I quite often choose to defend on the outside of a corner for better exit speed instead of compromising exit speed just to hold the so called defensive inside line.

14. Is there a way to increase g29 throttle travel?