1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theivansk

theivansk Racer

The official guide is not even updated to the 16:00 race. I hope everything else is up to date

2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

You might be right.
    Still the race format is perfect for meeting up with other drivers. Fixed times, mixed conditions, Pitstops, race length... You hardly find that in the server browser. Also people drive properly during the CP races, caring to finish a race, less wreckers.

If I want to drive alone, server browser is ok, but for serious racing, the CP events are way better.

It´d make sense to me if we´d be sorted according to the ratings, but it´s actually the other way around.

3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

People are sorted according to their ELO, as far as I know. Ratings likes like SA, CN and CC are used in case there are too many players wanting to join and you need to reject some, but I think the splits are assigned by ELO. I could be wrong though.

It also depends on what people want to join, if many people above your ELO want to join, you will be in a lower split. You can check your CP ELO in the Ratings screen.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ah, I thought the CP rating was also based on the CP ELO. If that´s not the case, it might make sense (I was at CP50 -> Split 4, friend was around 20 (2nd CP race for him) -> Split 3).

5. txalin

txalin Rookie

a) Proper race calendar for next three months including : when race will take place, which circuit, pitstop & climate information so we can train in that circuit before racing.
    b) Statistics after the race: lap and sector times for each driver, SA and CP earned or lost
    c) Global classification by driver like SRS do and championships based in months: Points assigned based in the best results of each driver for a period of time, so racing on CP servers have a sense for the driver more than "just having fun"
    e) Proper user managent, friends, groups, block, reports, etc...

and much more. I know that they are developing the simulator part and not the user interface, but i hope this get addressed sooner or later, they shoudl give us a reason to race on CP servers.

GravityMsc likes this.
  6. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

As to your point a), I don't need to know pitstop and weather information. There needs to be some element of chance as in real life, and I can easily see where certain servers (Bathurst, for instance) would be relatively empty of drivers should it be scheduled for full rain.

I agree with e) in that it should be easier to Friend drivers who you get along with. And perhaps also flag those who you wish to avoid; not block per se, just an alert that a potential wrecker you've spotted is active in that lobby.

7. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I loved the "and much more" part. And I guess you want all this for free, of course.

8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yes, make everyday random day, calendar forever!

azzah, FelixR1991 and david m like this.
  9. azzah

azzah Simracer

You don't need a calender looking a quarter of a year into the future to practise for a race. This is an outrageously bold claim.
    I agree that an easily accessible schedule is a desirable feature (and this sticky thread is a step forward on that matter), but I very much like to keep weather and track conditions unknown until you join the race. If it were up to me I'd hide the pit stop rules and even which track until then as well.
    If you want to see who spent the most time to prepare for the race, if you want to "solve" the race beforehands and only show up if you have the optimal solution that "Grays Sports Almanac" type of calendar is certainly handy. I prefer to see who makes the best out of the hand they were dealt, though.

Also one of the nice to have features, can't argue against that.

Yes, nice to have.
    This is getting pretty close into league territory here in my opinion. I prefer CP races to be "competitive, but fun" and I think we have enough hot-headed people obsessed with their SA and CP ratings already that adding another incentive for them to hulk out is not necessary.
    If you want super competitive racing, feel free to join as many leagues as you can. They have stewards to deal with those folks, CP races don't.

Except for reporting, those items don't have anything to do with CP races.
    And while I would welcome a report feature with open arms, I wouldn't expect to see one in ACC for the foreseeable future. This is one of those beasts that turns out to be way bigger than it appeared at first glance, once you start thinking about how approach it.

I already have a reason to race on CP servers: the races there are usually excellent.

10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Some people nowadays don't even think about how much things cost. They just ask for more, and more, "and much more".

11. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Did not really understand the CP concept until I found this thread - so far I did do just one race because whenever I wanted to register I had a long waiting time. A view thing could be handled different (better IMO):

- Add a 30min practice session at the beginning. Which is not mandatory for all drivers but allows drivers who are not racing a specific track regularly to get some laps in before Qualy start. Especially important when track is randomly selected.

- Allow pre-registration by using a calendar (1 week look ahead is more than sufficient, one day would do the job for me as well) and inform drivers that registration is open in game/sim

- make the worldwide rank list and race results available online (e.g. by website). together with all laptimes and incidents per driver.

- provide the replays for CP races for download

12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

All this reminds me of something, but I can't remember right now... my memory is not what it was.

13. txalin

txalin Rookie

Wait a second, do i have to think in terms of "cost" when asking for what i think could help the game to improve? Jesuschrist, only kunos knows the budget they have and how are they going to spent it, this is a thread to talk about ways to improve CP and ACC, not to talk about money and costs, mainly because only kunos guys knows how much willl it take to develop anything.

PD: And I guess you want all this for free, of course. <-- Maybe you know me in real life and know since when i'm supporting this dev? I don't think so, but who knows...

14. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Sry for the Question but is there no solution against guys who ramming ohter of by touching them at the rearend? Drivethrou or an 5sec pen by next pitstop maybe ore an less weak rearend in such cases? its frustrating to get a 2h Race destroit in Turn 1 by beeing toucht lightly at the rear! thats what people get frustratet by and leave the Game behind!

Edit: if its the wrong threat plz feel free to Move my Post!

Thx in Advance!

15. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I fail to understand this concept. Anyone?

16. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

in your CP rating stats you have your ELO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The higher your ELO, the lower your racing number if you are in the top 900.
    Whoever has the racing number #1 (usually Mike Nobel :rolleyes:) is the highest ranked driver .... in the wooorld.

What the CP rating itself represents, how it's calculated and how you can compare your CP rating to others, it's mystery that @Minolin still has to reveal.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Titi Colectinha likes this.
  18. david m

david m Racer

just to leave a quick and positive note here. ;)

After months with this 1.2 CP format, I have to say that in my opinion is very good and pretty healthy.

Sure it would be awesome to have more development in this, and as have been said many times would be very good addition to have race results to look at it, see drivers ranking, can see inside the game a better detail of upcoming races(schedule/calendar), and blablabla...
    but devs are working in a lot of other things, so we have to be patient and conscious.

System is working nice , there's drivers and races every day, and at least in my case when I use this CP races normally are fun races and with a level according to oneself.
    Of course there's some people ruinning some races and doing werid things, but this is impossible to stop it , even if you have the option of report/ban( with this option also you can't eliminate it. you can reduce it more, but the wrecker will be always a wrecker and knows how to do it) .

don't know if there are improvements or changes planned in this CP servers for the future, devs will know. But the true is that is good right now and it works.
    Generally seems that people are having fun with this races,so keep it up everybody.(I speak about EUR zone)

thanks for it.

19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

↑↑↑ Totally agree on this ↑↑↑

CP servers for me have become the only reason and the only choise to go online and race against other guys.

Also, since the good 1.2 version, the format now is slightly better. I love the full formation lap rather than the last turn version.
    In my experience, the races into it have always been good but now, to me, seems like the global user's level has raised a bit. More fast guys, more clean guys, more guys with the right "track attitude", more competition so in the end a better experience and a lovely place where to have fun.

What is missing is an in-game readable races schedule, a race's result feature where to read info about races but also read info about the guys that ran it (CP / ELO / Total ratings and things like this), and a longer time to register and to enter in the server (so, more time for practice session)
    To me this are the only features that i really miss.

But, obviously, hoping for the best, would be cool to have some sort of global leaderboard, more race's format and or a championship point system.

Anyway coming back in reality, i judge this CP server experience like an excellent experience.

20. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

In the top 900 of world players?
    Yesterday I attended 2 CP races and there were several guys with numbers # in the single digits.