1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Did you even read my post you quoted ???

And again, you missed the point I made about the video editing and CAD software search function,... sorry but I can't help you out with that..

Where did I post that rudimentary info should not be included,...

NOBODY is saying otherwise.
    AND NOBODY is saying IT WON'T BE.

For the time being, this might be a temporary solution for you, you can still by a material called paper, and there are devices called pens and pencils that can be used to make "notes" on this material.
    Even more high tech, if you are into that,... you can actually copy any subject such as engine mapping, found right here from this very forum, and paste it to a icon on your screen, and call it ACC notes.

If you need help with that, I'm sure a number of members here can help you out.

Done here.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

Don't get too carried away with that sarcastic tone. I might have misread your post but in many previous ones u act like u know everything - "people not searching the forums don't count","they wouldn't care about car physics anyway" etc. I ask: How do u know? I think if the info would be there they might actually get interested in the topic.
    U seem to be the forum elitist here. Don't think bragging on an internet forum is anything special mate. These are all just opinions - mines, yours. But you're not the one to tell anybody who's done where.

POLLINFLAS likes this.
  3. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

They had simple explanations in AC for every setup variable. It's not unreasonable to want the same for ACC. Then again, there's no indication that it will be excluded forever.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Look I see now that there seems to be a language issue here, understandable, and not uncommon.

But 1st,... I do NOT brag,... not elitist,... simply state facts and opinions.

The info is actually here,... IF one were to make an effort,... if not, nobody is to blame other than themselves.

And another fact,... you have lost the debate, by making this personal,... enjoy.

And when some one finishes their post with,... "done here",... that means I'm done with you here.

Which also means that by making this post,... I have no will power.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agree with your post,... never have disagreed.

6. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

On the other side it's quite a complex setting we're talking about. So many people who are new shouldn't even be touching it.
    And I don't think that it is unusual for people who want to make setups and get the most out of the sim to visit the forum and search youtube.
    It is normal when exploring a new track to use the internet, why not use it for setup options like ECU maps?

I just wrote the content I need from the first post on a post it for my main car, works fine.

7. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

Complicated setting? What do u mean? It's like a handful of maps, 1-10 per car. It's not difficult, it's just a pain in the arse - every time u want to change the ECU u have to visit the forum.

BTW instead of acting like some forum posh man (like some here do) I actually slapped together an iOS app with a fuel calculator and the ECU maps.
    As someone said: "Done here" LOL

rdmracer likes this.
  8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So you created an app, but can't bothered to copy and paste to a desktop icon,... until this is added by Kunos.

If you need help with " copy and paste",... please let me know.

Ya I know,... said "done here", but just can't resist the fun.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  9. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

WOW a real forum troll. Haven't come across those in a while...

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

,... :rolleyes:

11. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

No, I agree. Mentioning it on the forums is a very smart and good thing to do parallel to your own solution.
    My simple reaction was because I saw you defending your point with personal attacks. So I didn't read that much into it.

About the complexity. A throttle map has a big impact on the acceleration out of the corner if the driver doesn't compensate. So a bad driver may make bad setup decisions and have a clouded vision on the effect when playing with the maps too much.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  12. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

The ECU maps have nothing to do with setups. It's basically a fuel managing setting. In MP when you have a full pace lap u want it in PACE CAR mode to not burn off too much fuel; maybe in the wet u want a progressive throttle map to be more gentle on the gas; then there is the fuel saving map (although I prefer lift and coast). That's it really, the rest is fluff. Nothing to set up here. U just have to know to which position the button goes in what situation.

13. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

There are different throttle curves on the Porsche, which is my main car. I often use an agressive map (gamma > 1) but when it rains I tend to switch to progressive sets. (like Aris does in the rain setup too, gamma < 0) This helps traction out of corners a lot. But you have to know what you're doing to use it in good effect.

FedeVr73 and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Don't know if this has been asked here yet, but I notice that the Controls option page allows you to set specific buttons for each individual TC or ABS setting. This would be useful to include for engine mapping as well, so that - using the 911.2 as an example - you can quickly change from setting 4 (linear, race mode) to setting 8 (linear, quali mode) without moving through the intervening modes. This could then be done using a short press/long press setting or other such shortcut, making it much easier to get a desired result while out ontrack. Oftentimes, I find myself choosing the wrong mode or distracting myself from driving as I'm trying to make the right number of clicks. A one- or two-button solution would be preferable. Or in my case, I can use VoiceAttack to simply state the desired mode (dry, rain, qualifying etc.)

Epistolarius and rdmracer like this.
  15. GhostOOR

GhostOOR Rookie

deleted

slatanek and RS10 like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So the different throttle response curves has no effect on how a car responds to the driver.

Is most defiantly part of the cars set up, otherwise would not be a variable.

Think about a rain setup.

Neilski likes this.
  17. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

Well, if u think ABS and TC settings are part of the setup than u can consider ECU settings part of the setup too, I guess. I don't mind either way. U seem to be missing the point anyway :p

18. slatanek

slatanek Gamer

Why did u delete the post? It was on point

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I am not missing the point.

I was only responding to the comments that the ECU mapping is part of a cars set up, as you correctly pointed out, would also include ABS and TC, all of which effect how a car handles.

In my opinion.

20. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

why does the display on the ferrari always show the number 3 in the mixture datafield? and the button from the ecu changes only the pedal setting?