1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE SRO E-Sports GT Series to stage two-hour race at Monza

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

3 best e-sports races in history :D:D:D

Serge M, Nox, Adastros and 4 others like this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

3. david m

david m Racer

Awesome broadcasting, awesome racing and awesome initiative

Congratulations kunos,SRO and all others involved.

Wolf WolfZ, DD_Friar, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Wow that was an absolute thriller, ACC really is cemented as the best sim of all. If I didn't know any better that looked like a real race. Really just highly enjoyable, and the fact they gave regular dudes the opportunity to enter, even though I had no chance of making it as I'm not an Alien, made me even more invested.

Only quip was I wish the broadcast team could show in race replays like the iRacing based events have been able to do.

Hope they do Silverstone and continue this format, I could actually have a chance there maybe lol.

Son, Epistolarius and chksix like this.
  5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I didn't watch all of it, but it held my attention far longer than the average F1 race these days. Nice close finish, bits of drama... just would have liked to see more varied cars there.

There's some secret sauce in thst mix, for sure.

6. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

I would like to see more races as today, great races!

When will it be the next?

7. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Enjoyed watching these. Much much much better than the previous SRO e-sport series.

8. AdamYanek

AdamYanek Gamer

Yes, I was surprised too. Looks like new, server option from recent release (52:25):

9. Roy_33

Roy_33 Gamer

I am curious if this is or will be the case on public/competition servers, would save a lot o frustration at i.e. monza where the first chicane is always tricky

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

It went as expected, three thrilling races, never boring. I hope the guys at SRO took note: now that real racing is paused they have on their hands the best "real racing replacement" available among all racing series. With just a tad better broadcasting features (for example they did not show replays during the race) and a bit less shaky home wireless connections for the commentators :D they'd have a very entertaining racing show for anyone. Congratulations to Kunos especially for the great netcode, it was great to watch 40 drivers playing from all over Europe and beyond with little or no issue at all.

12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Start is at 42:25,not 52:25.

13. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

That was an awesome event. Salute to all those involved and to have real professional broadcast team was a real coup. Gave the whole thing an extra level.

Si. and sissydriver like this.
  14. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think so, it can be easily exploited without policing, it's an event-focused option that requires human race control.

15. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Having the original GT World commentators this was the best ACC stream I've ever seen. They add so much to it.

Now only couple things we need is the original GT World overlay for names, positions etc, editable camera positions you can jump to and something between the scenes when showing a replay (because afaik there is the option for a replay already but idk why they didn't use it) so they are not as abrupt. Then you could hardly tell this apart from the real thing at a first glance. ^^

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Best thing for me -
    so many situations in which the racers treated each other respectfully and prudently - and again and again in the notorious chicane on the notorious route in monza.
    such a good example of what is possible. :)
    Thanks to all involved.

Epistolarius and Roy_33 like this.
  17. Roy_33

Roy_33 Gamer

Ok thanks for your reply, i enjoyed the broadcast very much, much better than all the other streams

18. Si.

Si. Simracer

That was a great event.

One suggestion I would have though is to re-balance the sound a bit towards the engines, the commentators made comments a few times about how good the engine sounds were but I didn’t feel that came across in the stream (YouTube) as well as it could have.

chksix, Epistolarius and GCCRacer like this.
  19. RushOliver

RushOliver Rookie

This was a perfect advertisement for Simracing and a perfect demonstration of how well Kunos Competizione has done in the meantime. You're doing a fantastic job and I know you're not going to stop improving it. Kudos to Kunos.

20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

It was a very cool event, sadly I missed the comments during / after finish of the final race due to a family call.

Still it was awesome to see ACC so well received. The real drivers seemed quite happy with it and also the commentators took it very serious. Also cool to see a sim in the focus which I drive myself, real drivers fighting there with people who I also met on servers before and raced (not very successful I guess :D ). And I didn´t see any real technical hiccups as well, which can´t be taken for granted in such an event. There were apparently a few disconnections, but that´s most likely on the user side.