1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. HA! I didn't think about that actually.
    No, it's a mashup between one of my cat's name (Jax -> Jaxx, has worked magic with Kunos before, why not do it again eh? :p ) and one of my fav characters in the TV show Black Sails (among other novels and real live) Charles Vane.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

aye

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  3. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

A bit late to the party, I was away from sim-racing related news and AC discussions for a while, and stumped into this news right now... felt that I had to post a farewell to Mr. stefano, all the best of luck in your future endeavours and thanks for all the hard work (and patience).

Best Regards

4. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

What? Stefano is working on ACC stuff? Noice!

ttabone62 likes this.
  6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

My guess is they would like to introduce a mixed GT3/GT4 single player option to support the British GT track pack (as this is a mixed class series), hence the work on the AI (I'm hoping this is the case anyway :) )

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

This is great news to see that the AI is going to get some luv..

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

so we cant ask him when nords is coming? :(
    ;):p
    cool.
    Best thing for me: He is not "out" of Kunos and ACC.
    Really cool!!!

NemethR, chksix and JanR like this.
  9. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Did somebody say Nords? I heard a rumour somebody said Nords...

10. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

We can but hope :):):):)

ignission likes this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

I still can't believe he's doing a sailing simulator. Hope he's not bored to death. :D

12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Realistic behaviour of a boat on the water can be quite interesting, if you're into physics simulation, I think.

chakko, Mogster, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  13. Tzotzo

Tzotzo Rookie

Doubble Drink ;):rolleyes:

14. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

sailing sim
    we'll be throwing up all over our motion rigs.

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I honestly had given up hope they would ever touch the AI. So excited. Really hoping they can bring it up to the same level as the rest of the title.

ttabone62 and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. marph

marph Gamer

Today there was another stream of him. Very interesting to watch him and also very pleased that he tries to make the AI better in this wonderful Simulation.
    Also interesting was his opinion about physics in Simracing. He thinks the physic-side of Simracing ist mostly done. Not much more to improve that its worth the time and costs. That a Simracingdriver would say "wow this is a whole new level!". Its more the stuff around the physics that could be improved. I think he means taking the atmosphere to another level like crowded Pits and so on.

Mogster and sissydriver like this.
  17. david m

david m Racer

100% :)

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Just to add the Stefano was referring to the physics side of things inside Kunos, in the sense that they have that side of things well controlled.
    Stefano also made a remark about the AI improvements that he may achieve can help to have multiclass races in single player.

19. david m

david m Racer

absolutely
    there's out there some other racing games that needs some work in physics department for sure!
    :p :D

sissydriver likes this.
  20. marph

marph Gamer

Yes of course, I meant Kunos physics.
    Missed the bit with Multiclass though. Would be amazing!

sissydriver likes this.