1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Your ears might be broken.

Jebus, SellerieMitDip, Dookie and 9 others like this.
  2. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I don't have many kms/miles in the M4, but from the small fer races I have done it is very prone to understeer. I think the default setup has the rear lower than the front (at Spa anyway).

romandevision likes this.
  3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yeah, that's right. I compensated for the lack of rotation by reducing the preload of the diff and the camber angle, but I had to increase the ESP.

It seemed to me that сamber angle doesn't heat the tires as much as GT3, so you can use it more aggressively. :)

4. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

They are, but the engine and transmission sounds are still baked together. Every gear sounds exactly the same, broken ears or not.

5. Tobus

Tobus Racer

in real life, is the Ginetta really limited to 240 kph? I love it to death for its sound and agility, but reaching top speed way before a corner on the longer straight circuits really bums me out.

6. Spenceryin85527

Spenceryin85527 Simracer

Yes. It's really like that.

7. Do most of you use Traction Control in ACC? I thought that was illegal if you wanted to look cool? ;)

buddhatree likes this.
  8. Loeki

Loeki Gamer

I main the BMW mostly so here is my 2 cents.
    I basically don't touch the tuning set-up except for brake ducts, tire pressures and brake bias. Some extra camber maybe, but doesn't make a huge difference. Main take away here is that u have to respect the car as it is. For multiplayer it's a dream on fast straights. Weight balancing for corner entry is key as is good trailbraking. Fast turns u have to steer in early and nail the apex so u can get on the throttle early; Laguna Seca is a nice track to practice this. Brake markers are almost the same as GT3 ±5-10 m difference. Once u got your head wrapped around it, it truly is one of the fastest cars out there without any real flaws (Looking at you: Ginetta, KTM, Maserati).

My times (out of my head so prone to error):
    - Spa: 2:31:00 (qualy)-2:32:5 (race)
    - Hungaroring: 1:54:00-1:55:00
    - Nurburgring: 2:05:00-2:06:00
    - Zandvoort: 1:44:00-1:45:00

I am pretty quick in it everywhere I take it.

Freddie Seng and GONKO like this.
  9. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

To look cool I dont seek, so use it I do indeed :)

On GT3 cars I rarely touch TC/ABS levels, on GT4s I often lower the ABS, the TC stays at 1 most of the time.

10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

It will be wonderful something without TC and ABS... only the brave! :D

11. geanito

geanito Gamer

I have an impression that the KTM BoP and handling are still not 100%, but I could be totally wrong.

Mainly, my problems is while driving it on agressive setup, which makes the rear end escape too much, no matter how smooth you are with your inputs. It's like if you still had grip on the front tires, but no grip on the rear. You literally start drifting. When that happens, the TC kicks in and you always lose time. I have a feeling based on the onboard videos I've seen from the car, that while driven on the limit, the oversteer is not that accentuated.

romandevision likes this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I could be wrong on what your take on,... "Every gear sounds exactly the same", but I think the gear wine you hear is from the final drive square cut gears, which will constantly increase in pitch, while going up through the transmission gears, and decrease in volume, as the torque applied to the final drive is reduced.

In my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  13. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I found it funny that after the first 2 days of GT4 I have not seen the Maserati in an online lobby since then. I admit I tried it and then moved over to the McLaren and have been trying to learn that so far. I should try some others.

chksix likes this.
  14. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I like the McLaren best by far with the Porsche maybe second. I don't really understand what people like about the Camaro, it doesn't even have a turret.

"Mixed" racing in public servers is generally a big disaster, but I have had some very cool multiclass racing.

As far as the Maserati: I wonder if no ABS makes such a big difference in reality as well. The lack of TC is not really a problem, but no ABS makes it completely uncompetitive in ACC. I guess in reality no ABS is easier to deal with as a driver.

theivansk likes this.
  15. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I find it manageable honestly. It is a handful sure, but if you take time to understand how it behaves in the last phase of the braking, it's not too bad. Applying throttle at that time might help too. Around Kyalami it was a blast and very strong against a full field of GT4s.

The Alpine around Laguna Seca though... I dont know if the aggressive setup needs some ride height adjustment but on the fast left before the corkscrew it is incredibly twitchy.

16. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I think if I had load cell pedals it would be better as you can modulate the feel before lockup a bit more. My T3PA-PRO works well with ABS, but isn't realistic enough for it.

IRL I've mostly raced cars without ABS and I've never locked the brakes as much in a whole season as I did in one race in the Maserati.

rikirk likes this.
  17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

For everyone in their own way. Im always bet ABS on the minimum, although I don't need it at 95% sessions. For GT4 "1", for GT3 "1-2".

But TC is always on average or above average. For me, TC in ACC has always been a necessity. Although, in other games with Porsche CUP/DTM, I don't have such problems.

18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Did you see Nils Naujoks GT4 compare video on youtube?
    He give some hints for the KTM
    generally it's as you say, twitchy but fun

19. hi guys, do you think there is any chance to see added to acc in future the tracks of the southern european gt4 championship?
    it is supported by sro, all cars are already in gt4 dlc and the tracks missing are nogaro, jarama, portimao and estoril. pretty nice tracks imho.

20. Nesseria

Nesseria Rookie

Hi everyone,

I tried almost every Gt4 (not the Maserati and the Ginetta) during a short hotstint 6-7 laps on each today. Just for information, I'm an average driver, mostly use Aston Martin, AMG and very bad with Audi, Lambo or Porsche GT3.
    I tried every cars with basic agressive setup at Spa

Alpine/KTM : the 1st I tried, fun, agile, but not for my driving style or I must work a lot... But I'll try to practice later on them

Audi : don't feel a lot of fun or efficiency with it

BMW : feel quite confortable with it but that sound !!! I hate it, sorry... I can't drive regularly a car who makes my ear bleed xD

Camaro : not bad, not good for me but I don't feel fun or enough efficiency to regularly drive it

Aston Martin : feeling pretty close to the GT3, I'm sure I could love it but I want to change for my Gt4 main car

AMG : feeling at home instantly with best laptime without overdriving, I love it, pretty close to the GT3 too.
    2min33 at Spa without a lot of efforts

Porsche : afraid before trying it because I'm bad with the GT3 but I was amazed how balance and pretty safe is that car, I wasn't fast with it (2:35 generally, sometimes 2:34) but I was far far it's limits

McLaren : as the GT3, not my style but as the GT3 i feel a lot of potential with it. If I could manage its behavior I could be pretty fast. Did a lot of mistakes and reach 2min33. I think I'm gonna use it.
    I did several settings to reduce its entry understeer and it was really really nice. (don't want to write mistakes because I'm French but I think I reduce front and rear bumpstop range around 15-20, increase rear ride heights 2 clicks)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020