1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 189 – Lack of slack and a wet session with "The Old Lady" down the Hatch

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 25, 2020.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    15:30:156
    10 Laps

Used "green" track setting....and that Clint Eastwood is a man of many talents!

ACC Aston Brands Hatch1.PNG

ACC Aston Brands Hatch2.PNG

2. mike reynolds

PS...not sure why my temp was 1 degree less....but it's back up to the same as everyone else's in the time it took me to post the above?

ACC Aston Brands Hatch3.PNG

3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yeah I've noticed that the temps in ACC seem to flip flop around a bit...

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Looks like green is the way to go then! Lots of learning happening :confused:

5. mike reynolds

So I just tried again with Optimum....14 seconds slower! What was really noticeable going back to it though is how much the track evolves in Optimum, backing Aris's statement about the rain washing the rubber away, see my times below, getting quicker lap on lap (excluding lap 7 where I was much too late on the brakes into Westfields)

ACC Aston Brands Hatch3.PNG

6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Rod100
    AC

Tried again medium tires, but I gave up. I'm sticking to the hard tires where I can be more consistent. Also, sometimes I was turning TC on for the brick road part of the circuit, as I was tending to lose traction. (I guess it was memory effect from the regular pavement)[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

7. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

ac
    pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

setup at the end of the video.

I love this car! This is a pretty good track to let it stretch its legs. I started with Labbe's tune for vallelunga. I used the med tires first. Adjusted everything that needed adjusting and then tried to go fast. It turns out that the hard tires were about a half second (at least) faster than the meds. I was quite surprised by this.

I managed to grab the WR on RSR (for the time being) :D. I noticed that the guy who was in 1st place had a 3rd sector time about 1.2 seconds faster than me. His other sectors were both about half a second slower than mine. I wonder if he took a shortcut through the pits in order to get that time? I can't figure out how he is so fast in the 3rd sector.

8. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

Is that a new #1 time for that combo in AC?

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    10 Laps
    PC

whc 189 07.jpg

whc 189 08.jpg

Slippery when wet - makes sense that the rubbered track is slower in rain.
    The last lap was full court code brown :confused:
    cause so many attempts ended in the gras / the wall / the gravel :rolleyes:
    at Brands in the wet you must focus all the time long - really exhausting. o_O

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    10 Laps
    PC

whc 189 09.jpg
    whc 189 10.jpg

Realized that i took Aston from GT Challenge, not 2018...wondered why you had different colors (GT has only one team).
    This stint was amazing - coming into the flow, no code brown :cool:

right tires now perfect pressure (before 0.5 too low).

Setup - pressure aiming for 31.0
    26.9 / 27.8
    26.9 / 27.7

TC 5 / ABS 10 / ECU 5

other settings stock

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Nice time !
    So green track is faster than optimum?

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Yes, for those first laps anyway! The track is stable and doesn’t change in grip.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

When you accelerate at surtees its like day and night - with optimum = rubber on track the TC is "freaking out" and with green = no rubber its so much better. That was frustrating me with optimum - you fight and do and steer and sweat and the f***ing car wont accelerate.
    After mike pointed it out it was clear what happened. Sometimes you are blind ...

@GoodGame.eXistenZ - for you constant 1.31.xx must be possible - so my time is nice, but not good - lets see how one after the other is overtaking me ;)

14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    ACC
    Graveltrap
    15:22.125
    PC

run_4.jpg

run_4_splits.jpg

My first 1:31.9xx laps :) The track condition really does make a difference... I was a little worried that the rain would take away some enjoyment, but it has actually made no difference.

Been playing with maps, tried 4 and 6, but my best results have come from 5. No clue what to try setup wise, the car is good to drive right now!

Neilski, Tony212, sissydriver and 6 others like this.
  15. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Gotta give this another try - those improvements are massive. :O
    So wouldnt it make sense to fix track conditions for the events?

16. Pretend racer

17. Yes it would.
    We will.:)

The presumption to begin with was that Optimum would mean optimum, in terms of grip!!;):D

Neilski, Peggy11, sissydriver and 2 others like this.
  18. Pretend racer

That means you had too much psi in the tires. When I was using the meds I set it so it was 2 or 3 psi lower than what I had for the hards. Each tire has a different psi so that it will end up at the correct psi when performing the lap. I had to set the meds to be very cold on the first lap so that the would be at optimum psi on lap 2. The hards seem to settle into the correct psi on the first lap. Although, after watching my replay I would lower the rears by 1psi in order to get 24psi while on track.

Neilski, Peggy11, Rod100 and 2 others like this.
  19. mike reynolds

It’s been interesting learning about the the track states in the rain though...ACC gets a big tick from me for the way the rubbered track starts slippery and gets faster as the rain cleans it. I’ve not idea if the time it takes or the impact on lap times is representative of real live but it’s a nice dimension to the game....and one that I probably wouldn’t of appreciated if it weren’t for the WHC so big tick for this as well!

It does reinforce my view that to really appreciate ACC, you need to do long races in it...it is an endurance series after all.

sissydriver, Neilski, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  20. Thanks @Pretend racer
    Agree, I had set them all to 27, it was my first few laps. The point was, even when I corrected the pressures, I couldn't match the time.:eek::D
    Next run out I will be trying your pressures (less a psi at the rear) and cautiously, your set-up. Over the years, I've noticed your penchant for a wild rear end.;):D
    Slightly less "give" at the back suits my lower level of skill.

Neilski, Peggy11 and Pretend racer like this.