1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 189 – Lack of slack and a wet session with "The Old Lady" down the Hatch

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Yah I do love a girl that knows how to twerk! :D

If that's the case try adding a bit more +toe and -camber on the rear end to tighten it up. If you can adjust arb's or springs try a click or two softer to give you more grip in the *** end. You should be able to tweak the setup to match your driving style. You have probably figured that all out by now though...:cool:

2. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Cheers! Really surprised by that much difference, but surely gives interesting endurance races.

ACC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    15:13:437
    [​IMG]

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Now that is a good run, excellent work @GoodGame.eXistenZ

I might get into the teens if I am lucky!

4. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    15:40:059
    10 Laps
    PC

V12 Hotstint.png

I over estimated the fuel by around 10 litres with the different fuel map, and had 2 laps that were 2 seconds slower than the others where I made a small mistake :mad:

Should be able to shave a few more seconds off with less fuel and no mistakes.

It's amazing how much difference the Green track makes compared to the Optimum track, it makes sense though I guess :rolleyes:

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Thx - the settings really make a difference. And now I understand how the tyres work...so progress :) Really enjoying it so far. Hope for GT4 next week :D

In the meantime I ordered my Simucube 2 Pro
    [​IMG]
    Porsche rim also arrived!
    [​IMG]

I guess I will keep my Mclaren GT3 wheel though and redo the mounting for Simucube, as I really like that wheel and have to save some more for other wheels. Really excited how it will turn out. I will keep you guys posted!

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    ACC
    Graveltrap
    15:20.388
    10 Laps

run_6.jpg

run_6_splits.jpg
    So close yet so far from that sub 15:20 run :mad: More 31's required!

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    15:33:840
    10 Laps
    PC

V12 Hotstint.png

Correct fuel this time, no big mistakes, all the laps were relatively consistent. Tyre pressures almost there.

Just need to tighten the nut behind the wheel now :D

8. @GoodGame.eXistenZ
    How exciting!

I've no idea what it is so I googled:
    "Simucube 2 Pro is equipped with precision industrial robotics grade angle sensors with a resolution of 4 Million steps per revolution"
    :cool:

But what does that big red button do???:eek:
    Looks like Nitrous.
    :)

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

It is an emergency stop button as you dont want your hand to be trapped inside the wheel when it spasms with 25nm.

The Simucube is an alternative to the direct drive wheel base by Fanatec. It can be considered as the direct rival of the DD2. I gathered some information on both and the Simucube appears to be the better solution out of the two with less issues and the slightly better FFB.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  11. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

I don't want to dash your hopes but we don't have GT4 on console yet so I don't have GT4 to pick for next week.

Hoping we get the GT4 on console soon enough as it will probably be 3 weeks behind PS4 on XB1.

12. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

Improvement
    ACC
    Ueasy fox
    15:26.763
    XB1
    10 Laps

I think every single lap was a 32, average of 10 is 1:32.676. I wish I had a photo, maybe all between 32.4 and 32.9.
    TCS 6
    ABS 6
    Map 5
    Around 28psi to start, up to 32 at the finish.

Attached Files:

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It could be worse, the request could be for a Nissan Super Touring Car at Donington Park :eek::confused:o_O:p:cool:

sissydriver, Tony212, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

mmmm...I better have another go at this, it appears I've plummeted down the leaderboard (should of kept quiet about that green track :) )

15. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Have you tried this combo on AC yet? ;)

sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Yes, spent a bit of time at Donington today! :)

17. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    HandyAndy1962
    16:10.320
    PC

I seem to really struggle with this game & this WHC is the first time I've driven in the rain. For my first few attempts I could only manage 9 laps which shows how slow I was going. This is the second time I've managed 10 laps but looks like I'm nearly a minute behind the best times so looks like I shall be bringing up the rear but I'll keep trying.

Attached Files:

18. I can't read the pic!!:mad:

It's 15.43 something and 10 laps but I've switched it off now and I'm not doing it again.:)
    upload_2020-7-29_18-40-47.png
    Braking at exactly the same point for Paddocks, on two occasions I only just avoided going off. No retardation at all.
    For me. there's not enough feel to really want to get to "grips" with it.

19. ***WHC 189 Midweek Standings***

Assetto Corsa
    BMW M235i Racing at Highlands Drift

1. Pretend racer - 2.08.947 PC
    2. Total Wrytoff - 2.12.379 PS4
    3. Rod100 - 2.12.962 XB1
    4. SissyDriver - 2.13.125 PC
    5. Laughing Gravy - 2.14.462 PS4
    6. HandyAndy1962 - 2:17.557 PC
    7. Morgoth924 - 2:31:612 PC

@Pretend racer romps into first place with a three second lead and is the fastest man in the world! Wrytoff still holds second place and fastest consoler. In the world.
    @Rod100 delivers a whole chunk of improvement to take third spot. Elsewhere it is a fairly widespread field and good to see @sissydriver dust off his AC boots, even if they are still slicks this week. Road tyres next week....?

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    AMR V12 Vantage GT3 at Brands Hatch

10 Laps

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 15:13:437 PC
    2. Graveltrap - 15:20.388 PC
    3. SissyDriver - 15.25.593 PC
    4. Ueasy fox - 15:26.763 XB1
    5. Mike Reynolds - 15:30:156 PC
    6. Peggy11 -15:33:840 PC
    7. Laughing Gravy - 16.08.046 PS4
    8. HandyAndy1962 - 16:10.320 PC

Well, well well!
    On Monday it was unprecedented and now it is sort of back to normal.

However, the moral victor at the moment is @mike reynolds . Without doubt.

Without Mike's serendipitous discovery and much more importantly, him sharing this complete gem with us, @GoodGame.eXistenZ would not be over twenty seconds faster, @Graveltrap, already on a zinger, eleven seconds faster and @sissydriver , another twenty seconds faster.
    I reckon, cumulatively, by the end of a the week he will have saved a whole day in terms of time.:D
    Hats off to @mike reynolds and a big thanks on behalf of WHC for discovery and excellent sportsmanship.

Meantime, @GoodGame.eXistenZ has taken this challenge by the scruff of the neck, but I suspect @Graveltrap is poised... it's only 7/10ths or so per lap!:)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    sissydriver, Tony212, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

That’s what it’s all about....learning from each other