1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 190 –Scorpion stings Bull and seeing stars in California

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 190 - Scorpion stings Bull and seeing stars in California
    Featuring Assetto Corsa and Competizione challenges.

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Abarth 595 EsseEsse Step 1 AND Step 2
    Track: Red Bull Ring National
    upload_2020-8-1_17-58-16.png
    upload_2020-8-1_17-58-46.png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge:
    Superpole
    Car: Lexus RC-F GT3
    Track: Laguna Seca
    Time: 4am
    *Weather: CUSTOM – Dynamic disabled, , 0% cloud cover, average ambient temp 22C
    *Track Grip: Green
    *Wetness/ Standing water: 0%
    *Random disabled
    upload_2020-8-1_17-59-35.png
    *Please see notes on How To Take Part below.
    ----------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa: Abarth 595 EsseEsse Step 1 at Red Bull Ring National

The car is in fact an Abarth 695 SS, designed in 1964 and produced from 1964 all the way up to 1971.
    Here’s a tiny bit of history.
    In 1963 Austrian-born engineer Carlo Abarth was determined to make “a sports car within everybody’s means.” Using his experience as an exhaust and engine tuner he designed variation of the Fiat 500 D. Although the price might have been within everybody’s means, surely only a very, very few would have had the skill required to keep it pointing forward! You’ll see what I mean.
    That angry buzz you hear when driving is the voice of a 594 cc inline, two-cylinder engine with two single-barrel carburettors. Abarth’s “tweaks” include his own special cylinder casting, bespoke lightweight pistons, polished manifold and ports, new valve springs and a revised camshaft for higher engine speed and output. This resulted in a significant increase in power, in the standard 695 SS version, a whopping 34 brake horsepower on tap and an 80 mph top speed. We got even more in the Step 1. Buckle up!
    The motor is linked to a four-speed manual transmission, the front and rear independent suspension is lowered, the wheels widened and there is a drum brake on each wheel. Luxury.
    upload_2020-8-1_18-0-18.png
    Around 1,000 Fiat Abarth 695 SS were produced and, having driven it, you will be surprised to hear that as many as 150 are believed to still be on the road. Now priced at around £60k!
    upload_2020-8-1_18-0-45.png
    This is one of the lowest powered cars in the game, but it has a vicious sting!
    DO NOT LIFT OFF MID CORNER.
    If you feel it starting to slide, it’s probably too late, but pick up the throttle. Quickly! It may, or may not save you.
    The best approach is to slow properly and drive through the corners. Turn 1, named after the commercial sponsor, is for once, OK. Turn 2, Wurth, or turn 3 and Rindt, turn 5 are all exciting, heart in the mouth moments in this deceptive challenge. Be confident and don’t get stung!

Assetto Corsa Competizione: Lexus RC-F GT3 at Laguna Seca

4am - Green Track - Custom Weather: Clear at 22C

This week’s challenge has been devised by Tony212, thanks very much to him.
    Once again, we are trying out new conditions and enjoying the fantastic variety offered by ACC
    First-up, this week is a Superpole challenge.
    Start from the pit, and don’t let off until the screen demands you Press X (generally, just after you’ve crashed hard into the barrier.) You’ve got the outlap and two hot laps.
    Your fastest lap time is what we are after.
    It is 4am in California and the sky is dark as you sit in the pit lane.
    Light is creeping in on the eastern horizon. A universe of stars twinkles against the still dark blackdrop, but there’s easily enough light to clearly see the track.
    So NO NEED FOR HEADLIGHTS…. Just in case of mass panic! (RE night-time WHCs; the organiser’s opinion is there’s no point trying to do something, if you can’t see at all to do it.)
    Also new is CUSTOM weather. We’re going for 22C, which will equate to a track temp of about 15C at 4AM.
    Also new is a specified Track Grip. Please set it to Green, we have to trust each other on this one!

This week we drive the Lexus arsey-F GT3! It sounds good and the engine seems to produce power nearly all the way to the top of the rev range although, you do seem to spend a lot of the lap in the first three gears. Why do these cars have a 6th gear? Monza maybe? And Paul Ricard.
    upload_2020-8-1_18-1-54.png
    The good news is, for ACC at Laguna Seca, someone has taken an angle grinder to those utterly ridiculous concrete pillows on every apex. You can now drive a tighter line without fear of being thrown off the track with catastrophic suspension damage. How sensible and laudable is that? Just common sense.

You’ll find the challenge is over quite quickly this week. I think it looks just great. It is very atmospheric, you can almost smell that particular warm, desert and sagebrush scented air of California and feel the cool of early morning on your skin. But not once you are into your Nomex and helmet. You’ll have matey egging you on, mate. OK mate?

Tyres and Times?
    For Assetto Corsa:
    Recommended hot tyre pressure for the 1967 vintage tyres is 42psi all round.
    There are 6 entries on RSR. The fastest is a 1.22.838….

For A.C.Competizione:
    Recommended tyre pressure is around 27.5 psi (hot.)

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 189 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Challenge - How to take part:
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Abarth 595 EsseEsse Step 1 AND/OR the Abarth 595 EsseEsse Step 2 and the Red Bull Ring National circuit.
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge Challenge - How to take part:
    In Single Player:
    1. Choose the Lexus RC-F GT3
    2. Select Superpole
    3. Select 04:00 am and x1 time progression
    4. Select the Laguna Seca circuit
    5. On the Weather options, select Custom
    6. Select – Dynamic disabled, Random disabled, 0% cloud cover, average ambient temp 22C
    7. Track Grip at: GREEN
    8. Wetness/ Standing water at: 0%

The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:

Challenge –
    AC or ACC
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx. (This week it is your fastest lap)
    For ACC Hotstint – Number of Laps
    Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 9th August 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xbox1

Funny description. Funny combo.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:25:749
    PC

I'm rubbish at Laguna Seca, I don't think I've ever gone through the corkscrew and felt like I nailed it. Like the Lexus though, one of the most forgiving cars in the game and a decent all-rounder.

Feels like a lighting storm in the cockpit with all the flashes from the exhaust flames!

ACC Lexus Laguna Seca1.PNG

20200802153819.png

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I wish everyone a good run - I am on vacation and will not participate.

Some more news from me - just ordered my second wheel for my new rig.
    BMW M8 GTE replica by F1Simgames.
    300mm wheel, which will be upgraded with Ascher shifters and Ascher clutch pedals. This will be my main GT3 wheel. Also went for leather instead of suede, because I do not use gloves.
    [​IMG]

And last part of the setup - the buttonbox.
    Mobeartec:
    [​IMG]

6. @GoodGame.eXistenZ - looking forward to seeing it all set-up, as and when.
    All round to yours for a try?:D

Happy hols!

7. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

For ACC
    Just to point out, as long as the track isn't wet, it does show whether it's green, fast, or optimal.

It's pretty slippery on the cold track in the early morning with a clean track, especially with trouble keeping air in the tires.
    I think around 27 is a decent starting point for cold air pressure.

8. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-8-2_19-55-52.png
    Apologies - the intro write up is tosh!
    I wrote about the Step 2, having selected that in error when I went to test.
    There is a considerable difference.
    It is nothing like the challenge anticipated.:(
    The Step 1 is very much slower, so flat out nearly everywhere and not nearly as inclined to spin.

9. ***WHC 190 ADMIN NOTICE***

ADDITIONAL AC CHALLENGE: "The Second Step" - Abarth 595 Esse Esse Step 2

(As described in the intro writeup.)

Hotlap
    Abarth 595 EsseEsse Step 2
    Red Bull Ring National

Please include "Step 2" on your entries
    Separate leader board, regulations as usual.

Feel the difference a second step makes!

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    SissyDriver
    PC

whc 190 2 (2).jpg

The sky, its not easy to focus on racing. The graphics are outstanding.
    The combo too - never had the lexus at corx - but its fun.
    Corx feels everytime really wrong - it has no rhythmn, smash the car into it...
    When Laguna for AC was released some guy mentioned the rubber band at the tree is missing - they did fix it and in ACC its there too - the real drivers point the nose of the car to this tree cause you cant see the track. Helps me a lot everytime facing this challenge :cool:

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Surely gonne keep you posted - Will be a blast!!!!

12. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Rod100
    AC (step2)
    Xbox1

As the tires get cooler during session, I increased tire pressure to 37 front/ 36 rear (cold temp) in order to get near the recommended 42psi during session. I don't know if that makes any sense though.

Step 2 is a beast compared to step 1. But still funny. I wonder how long it would take for a step 1 to complete a lap in Nordschleife.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

13. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Bastian Boillot
    1:25:074
    PS4
    ACC

IMG_20200802_210610112.jpg

Managed but just one superpole round. Ran the car stock with only fueladjustment . I like the Lexus and Laguna :)

14. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC (Step1?)
    HandyAndy1962
    1:25.080
    PC

I'm guessing I have the Step1 as it was the only Abarth 595 SS that I could find (it doesn't specify Step 1 or 2). This is probably the first time I have ever gone round a circuit and never touched the brakes. If I have the wrong car please let me know.

Attached Files:

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

ACC
    Lewisxbone
    1:23.784 - X1X

[​IMG]

First time on the wheel and ACC in about 4 weeks so that my excuses out of the way.

Having to use default setup because if I alter anything the car will only go round and round to the right, it’s like the wheels are at full lock.
    The only way i can drive in a straight line is if I turn the wheel fully to the left at opposite lock.
    This only happens if I mess with the setup so I’m hoping it’s a bug that will be fixed soon.

16. HandyAndy1962

ACC
    HandyAndy1962
    1:28.995
    PC

I wasn't concentrating & thought I had completed 2 flying laps so pressed Esc as I went off track only to discover I still had another lap to complete. Arrggghhh!

Attached Files:

17. I think that is the wrong car @HandyAndy1962 , it looks like the standard car, you should have a Step 1 version and a Step 2 version.
    See the pic at the top of the intro.. that's how we see it on console.

Can anyone on PC help us out please?

Pretend racer and Neilski like this.
  18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I had a similar thing....I messed with the toe/camber to try and get heat into the tyres a bit quicker, the initial run if fine but is I finish the run and restart...I get the same issue

Pretend racer, Neilski and Lewisxbone like this.
  19. HandyAndy1962

I have the Ultimate Edition but I just have 3 cars under Abarth & none of them mention step 1 or 2. That’s strange, looks like I will have to give it a miss unless someone can point me in the right direction.

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  20. AC
    Step 2
    Total Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-8-3_18-10-18.png
    I think I only managed one clean lap in eight, and here it is!:eek:
    Vicious little thing.

@Rod100
    We did the Abarth / Nordschleife for WHC108
    - Nordschleife record in the Step 1, is 11:51.109 and in the Step 2, 10:07.923:)