1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:13:671
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

Tried sunrise instead of sunset and went quicker........... obviously? o_O

There's more time to be had for sure, it's unlikely though that I'll get time for another go this WHC. So that's probably going to be as good as it gets :)

2. AC
    Jimmy_3226
    2:13.763
    PS4
    IMG_3828.JPG
    I settled for this time after having spent the other 10 laps this evening under/oversteering in to the Scottish countryside; frustrating doesn't quite describe it. Judging the entry speed/braking in to T10/11, then T13 was trickiest for me. Thank you for setting these challenges - I have been restricted to AC for a while as my Fanatec wheel has faulty buttons and ACC on PS4 won't allow a DS and wheel to work at the same time. Fanatec have arranged an RMA collection for tomorrow so I'll have to wait a while before having another go.

3. Welcome to the WHC @Jamieandhismagictorch !
    Thanks for joining in and I hope you decide to stick around after the repairs. :)

4. Improvement (small)
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-19_12-48-42.png
    Small improvement but a huuuuge skid! (Not on the fast lap.)

Turn 5, the replay cameras are positioned poorly but I've tried to capture it.
    It was not intentional of course, and it lasted for what felt like hours.
    I lost it at speed turning in, so shut my eyes and tensed up, but once I'd opened my eyes again, I was amazed to be on the road and pointing in the right direction!:D
    upload_2021-1-19_12-47-23.png

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Lewis
    AC
    2:07.168 - SX
    06E3F363-3763-4AD5-9A36-1947F556DC59.jpeg

Hi all. Hope everyone’s ok.
    it’s been a long time so I decided to dust off the wheel and hopefully shake some rust off.

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

yeah @Lewisxbone - missed you and your alien times so much. :oops:
    glad that you are back. hope you are okay :)

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate. Hope you’re ok.
    Your times on ACC are very impressive. You are very fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC

WHC210_ACC_3.jpg

Red laps ---> Porsche tries to murder me. This is a challenging hotlap.

9. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:16.926
    PC

Not very quick but I just took the stock setup & tried it in VR which gave me a hint of motion sickness due to the up & down twisty nature of the track, however my time was much slower using the monitor.

Attached Files:

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC - KTM
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    2:05:554

I "promised" Total to give this one a go, as I am not that much of a fan of these fantasy AC tracks. So here is my entry, although not a clean lap at all.
    I was asked why I do double apexes in some corners. The reason is it can be quicker to position the car for a better straight line exit. So you might sacrifice mid corner speed, but gain a lot on the next straight. Especially cars with high torque can profit from that. NA cars might not see such big advantages, but the KTM with its sensitive throttle does benefit at some points.
    [​IMG]
    Video:

11. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:12:335
    PC

OculusScreenshot1611086463.jpeg

VR + Sunshine = Quicker!

I shouldn't really be in my rig tonight, but all work and no sim racing makes Peggy11 sad :p

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC

WHC210_ACC_4.jpg

Best sectors and a little improvement could be a 2.00.xxx - but enough for today.

On dry tyres only 2.04.665 - wets are the choice for me.

13. Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210
    Midweek Standings

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    KTM X-Bow R at Highlands Drift

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 2:05:554 PC
    2. Lewis - 2:07.168 SX
    3. BenBB - 2:08:419 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 2.09.317 PS4
    5. Rod100 - 2.11.679 Xb1
    6. Peggy11 - 2:12:335 PC
    7. Sissydriver - 2.13.189 PC
    8. Jimmy_3226 - 2:13.763 PS4
    9. HandyAndy1962 - 2:16.926 PC

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap
    Porsche 911 GT3R at Paul Ricard

1. Sissydriver - 2.01.710 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 2:02:931 PC

It is true.
    @GoodGame.eXistenZ did get the smallest of nudges to join in, due to a concern about him not enjoying the fantasy tracks. However he's blown the previous WR into the marshy loch, showing not only great skill but also great support for the WHC. Obviously the main thing is to get a vid of how it should be done - thanks to him we now have that tuition - all 8 of us now can and should improve by at least a second! :) Thanks GGe!
    Lewis is back!! It has been months and months, but his first time submitted beats the previous WR by just under half a second. Not too shabby at all! Welcome back Lewis, what will you get after a bit of practice?
    We are also awaiting @Emmanuel Tubbiolo .... Maybe sourcing the raw materials for his rig proved domestically divisive, but @SlowGrayAudi has supplied an inspiring shot of how you can "re-purpose" a perfectly good table, front door or even a stud wall, using a saw and hammer! :D:cool: Brilliant!
    A big welcome again to @Jamieandhismagictorch - well done for getting some customer service from Fanatec!
    @Peggy11 has put the "YIKES!!!" into this week, obviously he's staying at the Overlook Hotel..... Redrum!!:eek:

@sissydriver and @mike reynolds are duking it out at Paul Ricard in a real head to head. @sissydriver has got the bit between his teeth, done some big stints and put clear air between them for now.

Half a week to go!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  14. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:14.920
    PC

Attached Files:

15. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Cow design on cars?
    Who could be so silly and drive cars that look like cows? :confused:

.... :p

17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Improvement
    Mike Reynolds
    2:01:656
    PC

Wets definitely the way forward for this challenge

ACC WHC Header.PNG

18. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-20_22-24-53.png
    Watched GoodGame's vid, jumped into the car and went 6/10ths quicker on the first lap out. Result!
    Was much faster through 11, 12 and 13, but was behind my ghost for the first half.

19. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-20_23-1-27.png
    That's one second up after this evening.
    Have to say, I'm enjoying this combi - you know can always do better. :)