1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From the interview this particularly part caught my attention:
    In short, ACC2 not in the current horizon but willing to continue to expand ACC and AC2 is very much in the current plans and time to start working on it.
    Plus, no conceding to "forgiving" physics, firmly standing that the better and more developed the physics engine, more real, intuitive and pleasant it is for the player, considering that following a different path can be severely penalized.

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It's probably gonna be similar to what happened during the transition from AC to ACC: They continue creating content and some updates for the older game, while creating the base for the next game. Since the people that develop the features and the content aren't the same, there's no point in starting developing a lot of content for the new one until it has a solid base. It's better to keep releasing DLCs for the older game to get a boost in revenue.

3. Unf

Unf Racer

Being sticked to SRO is like having hands in cuffs... Hope AC2 will be "free to fill" by Kunos.

4. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Depends on who you ask. ACC has been a lot more productive for serious racers. AC1 was good for random driving and boring stuff, but ACC has been much better for actual racing and improving every hundredth of a second. I already have almost double the time on ACC compared to AC1, and I've only been playing it for a year and a half.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2021
    th3o, anthonylroy, Turk and 13 others like this.
  5. Unf

Unf Racer

I agree with you. That's why AC2 would be simply the ACC but without SRO's or other license restrictions.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  6. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

You want crazy, they used to run LMP1 cars at Lime Rock.

Dislike. The reason ACC is so good and real is the narrow focus.

Cascader, th3o, anthonylroy and 10 others like this.
  7. Unf

Unf Racer

But I am not talking about car class. If you are restricted to SRO license you will never have Nordschleife or Interlagos on ACC. Are you trying to say that with these tracks ACC would be worse? Don't think so...

8. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

And with the SRO partnership you have official championships, and a specific focus on BOP and so on related to SRO. Sure those tracks would be great, but the tight focus is what makes this game so great.

jfb33, Pekka, baboon and 6 others like this.
  9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

AC1 wasn't limited by SRO and still didn't have Interlagos, as well as Kyalami, Mount Panorama and quite a few others.
    From my perspective, the only thing I really miss from AC1 is the Nordschleife, but every sim is gonna have its compromises.

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. Tell me this dream is not over :oops:

11. I really hope they go on with competizione, or if they change, with the same approach. I loved the focus on a series.
    Multiplayer side, there could be a lot more to do.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So having just learned (a bit too late) that there is no real Bathurst 12 hour this year I’m surprised not to see an official virtual Bathurst 12 hour run by SRO, what’s up with that?

Salvatore Amato likes this.

13. There will be no official endurance event at the acc until Kunos has resolved the driver swap bugs.

As there has been no news in months in this area, I believe that they are no longer thinking about solving them.

I would love to bite my tongue and be wrong.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It can be picky, the only bug I know off is it f ok you use the &swap command you can be kicked from the server when the driver who takes control of the car crosses the first sector tuning line on track. Before I ran in to that can’t say I’ve had issues in all the enduros (9 hours longest so far).

15. Pray not to disconnect from the server and fail to recover the car Or you have to return (reconnect) with the first driver, when he has already maxed out his maxstint.

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Well if you have an internet issue on your end and disconnect that’s a car failure and you are out, life is unfair sometimes. I have now done a good handful of endurance races and the main issues are always at the start with drivers not joining in the right order. Random disconnects from server is always an issue on the user end, unstable connection causing packet loss, in that case why should you get to rejoin? One of the drivers bins a car in a real race and that’s it, there’s no rejoin option.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect and could use some refinement but it’s far from unusable, just have to work with it and once all drivers are connected it works fine (just don’t use that damn swap command... lol)

I’ll be racing a Bathurst 12 hour race next weekend, looking forward to that

17. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

When it comes to licensing content, I hardly think anything is "free".
    Unless im mistaken, kunos tried Suzuka for AC and failed to reach an agreement, but guess what happened with ACC ;)

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well I don't agree with the "hands in cuffs" statement. Kunos chose to go for a single-series sim, and they picked GT3 because they knew it is a favorite in sim-racing. SRO has races worldwide. They are racing on some very famous tracks, and it is thanks to SRO that Kunos can reach all these tracks and get the licenses. Kunos is actually leveraging SRO to have licensed content and sell their game like hot cakes. Of course, in exchange they worked hard and made a great sim which makes SRO look good, so SRO is happy to help. In Marco's interview he practically said they are willing to add another 10-15 laser-scanned tracks to ACC, adding the new seasons, America and Asia series, which means the partnership is strong. Let's see what these tracks could be:
    Magny-Cours
    Valencia
    Road America
    VIRginia International Raceway
    Circuit of the Americas
    Indianapolis
    Sonoma
    (Mosport)
    (Watkins Glen)
    Sepang
    Shanghai
    Chang
    (Fuji)
    (Twin Ring Motegi)
    (Zhuhai)
    (Korea)

Ok, instead you want the Nordschleife and Interlagos. But there are no "cuffs" here, the game clearly says this is a SRO GT World Challenge racing sim, and it's just a matter of closing the game and playing another one.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Maybe in what will hopefully be a fair few years when ACC development finally comes to an end the Nordschleife will be a final "present" track like Laguna Seca was in original AC :)

20. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Call me crazy but don't really get the obsession with Nordschleife......amazing for hotlapping but for actual racing? I'd take one of the other GT series tracks like VIR or Mosport.

Echo_29, Pekka, Nev Roberts and 9 others like this.