1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 221 - Toyota Tango and an Audi Spa day

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

Thanks for posting your video @GoodGame.eXistenZ it helped me quite a bit. I always have trouble with t1 and the uphill right hander before the chicane, and the chicane itself. I was able to adjust my lines and save quite a bit of time.

Attached Files:

2. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    local_man1234
    02:32.961
    Ps4

PS_App_20210415_093423.jpeg

3. AC AE86
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-4-15_22-53-59.png

AC TS040
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-4-15_22-55-52.png
    Both laps will get more work!
    The TS040 feels like it is on casters at the back for me, so I'll need to have a fiddle.

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Did you find a good balance with your setup?

Mustang 500 and Pretend racer like this.
  5. SlowGrayAudi

Great lap! I'll have to grind to get near that i feel!! Are you running rear wing at 2?

Mustang 500 and Pretend racer like this.
  6. local_man1234

Yes wing at 2 and raised the backend quite a bit!

7. SlowGrayAudi

I just raised front and rear 1mm each. Maybe I'll have to hike up the butt as well!

8. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:33.681
    PC

A little more diff but tires are getting a little high on pressure. Need to drop them a hair.

Pretend racer and Mustang 500 like this.
  9. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:33.681
    PC

A little more diff but tires are getting a little high on pressure. Need to drop them a hair.

upload_2021-4-16_5-53-49.png

10. SlowGrayAudi

Are you flat through eau rouge? Is it even possible. Your first sector is quick!

11. local_man1234

Its "flattish" for me lol. Can be taken with full throttle but im not cobfident enough. Someone fast and comfy with the car should take it easy to 2:30s..

12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    XSX
    Only had time for a quick session so far. May be able to fit another in but also want a try out in the LMP.

Attached Files:

13. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_2031.JPG
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avf5xXZ2ULrNebvt6EeCDIQ_Ql0?e=h33ykL

I included my setup at the end of the video even though I did not do many changes. Slow/momentum cars such as the Toyota ae86 are one of my favorites to drive and Imola is a nice and challenging track.

14. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Hehe.
    Some day soon, I'll be able to say "yeah I competed against him when he was just a sim racer (and he left me for dead every week)" ;)

15. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I found an old tune from the setup market for imola so I used it. I had to change the tires, adjust psi and fuel. I also ended up moving the brake bias one click forward. It made the car less twitchy when coming off the brakes, especially in the chicane. I tried Hotlap, low aggressive, and low preserve for the mgku maps. Low preserve worked the best over the whole lap. I forgot to map the drs and kers buttons to my wheel though. So I didn't use them, not sure if it would have helped or not.

After looking on RSR it seems my top speed was only 295 whereas most everyone ahead of me on the leaderboard is achieving 320kmh or more. Not sure why that is, maybe the kers button? I think I'm missing something about the setup or something.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  16. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TS040
    HandyAndy1962
    1:34.057
    PC

I could probably make it into the 1:33's but every time I make some gains at the start of the lap I lose them at the end.

Attached Files:

17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I settled on low preserve to, which gave enough battery for a small boost off the final turn with the KERS button. If you use the KERS all the way down the main straight you can hit a high top speed but will run out of battery early and bleed away all the time you gained (unless you are in Charge mode and just use manual KERS deployment).

DISCLAIMER - I know very little about the use of KERS and the battery mode so the above may be bollocks!

18. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

ACC
    jo_siffert
    2:32.307
    PC

20210417204917_1.jpg

19. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    TS040
    HandyAndy1962
    1:33.977
    PC

Just scraped into the 1:33's but I have no idea of the best place(s) to use the MGUK or what setting is best.

Attached Files:

20. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:33.621
    PC

Better through eau rouge, just a slight lift, no braking. But still slow in sector one compared to you guys. 0.6s slower in the first sector. Im wondering if its the first turn?

upload_2021-4-18_0-4-43.png