1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #223 AWD Twins? Beat the pro in the Lambo

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #223 AWD Twins? And Beat the Pro in a Lambo

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Toyota Celica ST185 4wd Turbo and Audi R8 V10 Plus
    Track: Zandvoort

upload_2021-4-24_9-13-28.png

upload_2021-4-24_9-13-44.png

upload_2021-4-24_9-13-59.png

Time for some awd drive action on Zandvoort which is imo the second best “rally” course we have, besides Laguna of course. Now at first glance the Toyota Celica rally car and the Audi R8 V10 don’t look anything like twins. In fact the only thing they really share in common is that they are both 4wd vehicles. But when you put them both on the same track they can produce identical lap times. The goal here will be to match your laptimes with both cars. Smallest difference wins the trophy!

I did a few laps in each car with the stock settings (I upped the gearing in the celica though, and turned off tc in the audi), and my lap times were within 3 tenths of each other. According to RSR our lap time hero Goodgame has the record for both cars; Toyota Celica - 1.50.853, and in the Audi R8 - 1.58.007. The difference is less than 2 tenths!

Ideal PSI
    Audi R8 33 psi
    Toyota Celica 29 psi

How to take part - Hot lap:
    To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the and the Monza circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:
    Mode: Hotlap Monza
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday May 2nd 2021.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

An Italian theme this week with mighty Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO at the brilliant Imola circuit.

Our time to beat is this 1:42:61 by Lamborghini academy driver Danny Kroes.

[​IMG]

Season 2020
    1. Car: Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:
    3. Time of day: 18:00
    4. Track: Imola
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I'll make a start :)

AC R8
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC 1:50:330

I never got the idea why they built the R8. I mean it is far too heavy to be a real sportscar in my opinion. So if it is not a real spotscar, what is its purpose?
    You can feel the weight in every corner and it pushes the car off the track at each turn in. It should have been more dedicated right from the start, like the more extreme versions of the R8.
    [​IMG]

Video:

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Never driven the lambo before. Should be fun.

5. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Imola feels safe like a little birds nest after a week at the crazy Mountain.

6. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC Celica
    Andrei
    1:52:077
    PC
    toyota zandzvoort.png

This track is absolutely awesome to drive in VR with the banks and elevation changes.

The lap itself was a bit scruffy, but it really took me a long time to get to below 1:53s.

I felt that changing the setup really made a difference for this car and only then did I manage to get low 1:52s.

Trail braking is also very difficult in this car, but it is so important for a good time in Zandvoort in order to rotate the nose of the car quickly during the hairpins/ long turns.

7. local_man1234

ACC
    local_man1234
    1:42.603
    Ps4

PS_App_20210425_055212.jpeg

Pressures dialed in, 27.7 front 27.5 back. Default aggressive no tweaks yet.

8. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:43.002
    PC

Default aggressive setup isnt quite my taste. Needs some tweaking.

upload_2021-4-25_13-11-40.png

9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:43:617
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

10. SlowGrayAudi

11. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:42.708
    PC

Driving is garbage today. Gf is killing me doing all sorts of **** in the kitchen making a ruckus

upload_2021-4-25_13-24-57.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  12. SlowGrayAudi

13. local_man1234

Improvement
    ACC
    local_man1234
    1:42.411
    Ps4

PS_App_20210425_080441.jpeg

Still on aggressive preset. Might have a few more runs for tonight

14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Story of my life, wife, kids, dog, cat.... never a peaceful moment :)

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  15. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

This is a tricky little combo to try and figure out. I had to play around with the suspension a bit and I finally got it feeling pretty good but not great. It still seems to slide too much. I set my pb in the 1.53's. When I looked on RSR I noticed that everyone ahead of me had a higher top speed, I was maxing out the gearing I was using. I figured the only way they were going faster was to use the longer gearing so I did too. After a couple of laps I was going quicker. I noticed the engine seemed to run out of steam on the top end so I started short shifting at 7000rpm. That seemed to help a lot. After looking at the engine chart I think the ideal rpm range is 3000-6000rpm. I'll try shifting at 6000rpm next time.

The lap is kinda sloppy so I think I can trim a few tenths off, its really easy to overdrive the car and sliding costs so much time!

Setup is shown at the end of the vid.

Attached Files:

16. SlowGrayAudi

Haha! I cant wait to move into the new house in a couple of weeks. I'll have the main basement area as my sim rig/gaming room. So I'll have lots more privacy down there than on our current apartment.

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  17. local_man1234

AC Toyota
    local_man1234
    1:53.207
    Ps4

PS_App_20210426_065949.jpeg

What a blast combo. Been running it for hours now lol. @Pretend racer s setup is good. Havent been on Zandvoort since some ancient WHC years ago, very tricky!

18. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:54.404
    PC

Audi R8

I had to have a go in AC since its one of my beloved Audi's

Im so bad in AC its stupid. They physics feel almost fake and floaty after playing ACC. ACC has officially ruined all other driving games for me.

upload_2021-4-27_3-45-36.png

19. SlowGrayAudi

AC (Toyota)
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:54.272
    PC

Bette to drive than the Audi (racing tires duh lol)

Difference is 0.132 sec

Audi 1:54.404
    Toyota 1:54.272

upload_2021-4-27_4-25-8.png

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:44.358
    XSX
    First crack at this, and first run in the Evo, pretty happy as a kick-off time. I am going to aim for a low 43 I think for this one.

Attached Files:

21. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

Improvement
    AC
    Andrei
    1:51:525
    PC
    toyota zandzvoort.png

Messed up a bit in the last two corners but the lap was solid until that point. Thanks to @Pretend racer for the tip to have higher gearing and shift at 6000-7000rpm, really made a difference. The rest of my setup is very similar to yours, just a bit more aggressive. I attach it to this post so others can try it.

Attached Files:

• mine.ini
      File size:
      1,019 bytes
      Views: