1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 224 - High Zonda and a Bald Mclaren

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, May 1, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge #224

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Pagani Zonda R
    Track: Highlands Drift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tested this car as part of a combo that I was thinking of and really enjoyed driving it. I tested a bunch of other cars and I kept thinking about how none of them were as exciting as the Zonda. So I scrapped my original ideas for this weeks combo and found the best track to challenge both the Zonda and the driver.

This car is pretty crazy and yet its well mannered and predictable. Dial in your level of bravery with the TC and point and shoot this baby into the record books, or waste those expensive rear tires in some of the most heroic drifts and post them to youtube! The gas pedal is definitely stronger than the brake pedal, meaning even though this thing has massive carbon brakes and lightweight it still takes a long time to slow down from warp speed. This car will get your heart pumping.

Ideal PSI for softs is 30

RSR WR 1.53.800

How to take part - Hot lap:
    To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the and the Monza circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:
    Mode: Hotlap Monza
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday May 8th 2021.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Well team, with the launch of the BGT pack on console this week, of course we are going to use this, and I've been looking forward to this challenge since we began "beat the pro". So we are off to Donnington, to try and match World's Fastest Gamer, James Baldwin's 1:27:51 pole sitting time in his Jenson Rocket Mclaren 720s GT3.

I highly recommend you watch his analysis of the session in the video below, it's very insightful & really helps get you in the mood for this challenge! Enjoy.

Season BGT

1. Car: Mclaren 720s GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time
    3. Time of day: 12:00
    4. Track: Donnington
    5. Weather type eg: Custom
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: 15%
    8. Ave Temp: 20 degrees
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: May 1, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Hey Lads. I know I'm not supposed to apologise but will anyway. I just didn't have the opportunity to play lately. I think I should be able to send a time this week. Looking forward to that..

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Ok I start. Sure I can improve that. Love the car.

Attached Files:

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    moodyryder
    ps4

Well, I'd bought the season pass months ago.

I thought I might as well download ACC again to see what the new update and the new tracks were like.

It seems much more stable. Not one blue screen crash in over an hour. I didn't try online but offline seems to be working properly again.

I must admit I enjoy playing Donington so I gave the WHL a try. There's no way I'm going to beat the pro time but I was happy to get below 1m30.

I might just let ACC stay on the hard drive for now. At least until I've tried Oulton & Snetterton anyway.

Worlds slowest gamer.

:)

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:27:915
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I love the Zonda!!! My all time favorite car. The R is just a wet dream.

Ill definitely have to try the AC this week as well as ACC. Im not great at donnington since i haven't turned too many laps there. Will definitely need some practice. Also not too familiar with the McLaren so its gonna be a tough week. Anything within 2.5sec of the pro time will be quite the achievement i think.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  8. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:29.523
    PC

McLaren isn't too shabby, small tweaks from the default aggressive setup but still needs work for me. Struggling with the first corner and the penultimate corner.

upload_2021-5-2_23-17-13.png

9. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:28.086
    PC

Still needs some small tweaks. Still not finding a good line through turn 1. Last two corners also suck

upload_2021-5-3_0-18-14.png

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  10. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    1:27.939
    Ps4

PS_App_20210504_054441.jpeg

Not my car of choice but gave it a run

11. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:27.864
    PC

Getting better at the first turn but the last two i ****ing hate. They are literally ruining the entire track for me.

Why couldn't they stick to the traditionally layout with the chicane at the end???????

Imagine if i could put a clean lap together and not drive like an idiot!?!?!?!?!?

upload_2021-5-4_12-36-48.png

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:28.758
    XSX
    Finally got on for a few laps, shoulders gave way after 6 hence the sedate last lap, but there’s more in me I know it!

Attached Files:

13. SlowGrayAudi

Great time. Im struggling with shoulder quite a bit. I should probably see a chiropractor or something.

14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Thanks fella appreciated. Without boring everyone with the details, I have compressed shoulder joints. It means I cannot raise my arms past horizontal and the tendons are squeezed resulting in pain. I have to have regular steroid injections to reduce the inflammation, unfortunately I am coming to the end of how long they last, my next is Monday.

I’ve been seeing a chiropractor since last summer, I would recommend it, shoulder pain is often caused by an imbalance of muscle - due to the back muscles being so large and the balancer muscle on the front being so small. If it is this, a chiropractor can help rebalance the situation. Mine will only be completely cured with a double operation, but I am having to wait for that.

15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    1:28.587
    XSX
    A little break and then managed another 6 laps with a little improvement, hopeful to do another short stint tomorrow.

Attached Files:

16. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-5-6_20-21-54.png
    Great challenge! Wow. But the Zonda on the cobbles is not a happy bunny! I've no teeth left. I spent the time I had trying to sort the car.
    Default set up is delightfully pointy, if you have the skill, so I dialled that back a bit and also spec'ed a "Rolls Royce" set-up on the springs and damps.
    Loads of time on the board... nice lap @Emmanuel Tubbiolo There's my target....:D

17. SlowGrayAudi

Sounds like you're dealing with a lot there TinPeach! I cant even imagine.

Im just getting some local pain on top of my right shoulder but theres some numbness in my three first fingers so im thinking theres a pinched nerve acting up.

But since we just closed on our new house on monday i havent had any spare time do anything but house stuff and talking to contractors and looking for ways my gf wants to spend money.

I'll see if i can sneak in some time this weekend and clean up my lap and try to put a complete one in.

18. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    PC
    [​IMG]

I found an old tune from Robert Olivetti that I got from the setup market (its a shame its no longer around :mad::(). I tweaked it a little bit to suit me and the track better. The setup is at the end of the vid.

Couple of the corners are really hard to pick out the exit points and I'm glad I got the vr to help with that. I never thought about it until I watched the replay and I noticed how far I have to turn my head to see the exit on some corners. I'm guessing that might create a pretty big advantage over people stuck on a flat monitor.

I really enjoyed this combo, and I thought more people would as well. Maybe its because I didn't put out my vid and setup till now. I'll try make my entry earlier in the week from now on. Lead by example and all hahaha.

Attached Files:

19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:56:815
    PC

OculusScreenshot1620467463.jpeg

I had a quick go to perk the numbers up as it seems a bit quiet here this week!

Despite the fictional tracks not being my favourite I enjoyed this combo more than I thought I was going to. The car behaves itself a lot better than I envisaged, and after remembering how the track goes again I think I've managed a fairly respectable time :)