1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 225 - Hatched Beemer and a British Merc

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, May 8, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #225

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: BMW M3 GT2

Track: Brands Hatch GP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After last week’s overpowered and oversteery car and track combo I thought it would be good to get back to some downforce on a familiar track that everyone seems to like. The gt2 is a race car and the sharp handling and electronic aids help it stick to the track very well. Brands Hartch is a great track with a lot of elevation changes, blind corners and world famous pedigree. Hope you enjoy this weeks combo.

If you have suggestions for combos please let me know and I will try to accommodate any requests!

Ideal PSI for all tires is 26 front, 27 rear.

RSR WR 1.23.165

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the and the Brands Hatch GP circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday May 16 2020.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Mercedes AMG GT4 this week, at Snetterton

Season BGT

1. Car: Mercedes AMG GT4

2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time

3. Time of day: 12:00

4. Track: Snetterton

5. Weather type eg: Custom

6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled

7. Cloud: 30%

8. Ave Temp: 12 degrees

9. Grip level: Optimum

10. Wetness: n/a

We're tying to beat this (very fast) lap by Michael Broadhurst from a winter testing session...1:56:55

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    local_man1234
    1:23.846
    Ps4

PS_App_20210509_032553.jpeg

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:57:984
    PC

I know Snetterton doesn't get much love compared to some of the other British tracks, but I really like it , lots of really challenging corners.

ACC WHC Header.PNG

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Definitely challenging. Brundle into Nelson is always tricky, and always seems to go a little pear shape when the rest of your lap has gone well!

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I think I've done like 5 laps around snetterton just to get my 3 stars there. Will definitely be a challenge

8. local_man1234

Improvement
    AC
    Local_man1234
    1:23.466
    Ps4

PS_App_20210509_090338.jpeg

AC feels crisp and tight compared to ACC on Ps4. Wish we'd have a change to use correct fov atleast!

9. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I found a tune for laguna seca and tweaked it a bit. Setup is at the end of the video. Took me a few laps to get used to the brakes as I was locking them up too much. I tried lowering the aero but it just made me slide more so I increased the aero and I went a bit quicker. Not sure how I can find a half second or so to catch @local_man1234. Gonna have to tweak the setup a bit more and try some different lines in a few corners.

Attached Files:

10. local_man1234

I used WJL's nurburgring setup as a start. Worked well @Pretend racer

11. SlowGrayAudi

Slaving away with our new Home! I hope i actually have time to get some laps in this week!

Its been super busy since we closed. But now i get a dedicated sim room!!

P.S. they're both gray, and both slow haha

FB_IMG_1620533688276.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Amazing @SlowGrayAudi !!! Congrats to your new home.

I am looking to buy a house too ( and have my own room for simracing). The prices are just too damn high - it's ridiculous.

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:22:603
    [​IMG]

Video:

I agree with @Pretend racer that the car is very sensitive on the brakes. I moved the bias to 61% I think. But then again I never liked GT cars without ABS - you got TC but no ABS?

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Congrats on the house, I hope you’ll both be very happy there.

14. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC
    Andrei
    1:23:241
    PC
    bmwbrands.png
    Great challenge choice, @Pretend racer ! Really enjoyed driving a relatively new racing car for once in AC :D

I am actually a bit surprised at how easily I achieved this time given some comments I read in this thread. It took me around half an hour to get it. Maybe this car just suits my driving style a bit more than others.

To achieve this time I used almost basic setup, only changes I made is to lower the car a bit, adjust PSI and move brake bias down to 61% to avoid locking up everytime I press the brake pedal ( thanks @GoodGame.eXistenZ for the tip )

15. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:25:204
    PC

I used to love this car in AC, but it's just not the same since I sold my Fanatec GT2 rim!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

16. SlowGrayAudi

Thanks @GoodGame.eXistenZ Its been such a struggle. We got lucky and our appraiser was trash and appraised it $23,000 under what we bid. Lucky for us the seller still gave us the house for that price after we agree to add $5000 on top in cash. So we saved $18,000 from our original bid. But that was already $41,000 over asking. So its been tough but its well worth it.

Are you in the US? Its definitely a seller's market but we struck gold with this find. It was listed very low compared to similar Houses in the area.

17. SlowGrayAudi

Thanks @TinPeach

Much happier than living in the current apartment thats for sure

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Germany - Price for decent house near town is 700.00 - 800.000 €. Average income is 47.000 € or so. Despite having two good incomes the market is a mess. Some house comes online, after 1h or so there are like 5.000-10.000 clicks on the ad and it is gone. You have to be on the lookout at all times or you do not stand a chance really....

19. SlowGrayAudi

Thats crazy!

Here houses last about a week online. Once they have their showings or open houses they sell the first weekend they're on the market. My realtor bid on a house for a buyer $60,000 over asking price and they still didnt win the bid. It sold for over $100,000 over asking. Its stupid right now.

Luckily i live in the Midwest where housing prices are much lower than on the coasts. Average here is probably $250,000-$350,000 where i live.

Where i used to live in Virginia and Hannah is from California. Average there are both over $800,000. But you dont make triple income just because you live there. Its so crazy.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  20. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:57.357
    PC

Managed to get some laps in. Might be very few more this week.

Not great at this track or with this car. Very understeery for me and the rear end doesn't offer too much confidence right off the bat.

upload_2021-5-11_12-36-6.png

21. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

Improvement
    AC
    Andrei
    1:22:779

bmwbrands.png

I really need a break after this one...