1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #236

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Tiny improvement, shorter gears, softer rear springs and arb to try to settle the tail.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

2. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Id recommend wing 2 and longer gears. You can increase diff coast and increase rear camber a bit to help the rear stability

Gain me a lot of time on the straights.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Rod100 and Pretend racer like this.
  3. AC Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-7-30_18-40-0.png
    Not the major improvement I was looking for.:)
    I'll miss next week, no simulation will be necessary!:cool:

SlowGrayAudi and Pretend racer like this.
  4. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Ok, back from being truly fleeced at Centre Parcs over the past week and will try and firm down some time to post what will be some quick attempts (which is not in reference to the speed of my driving).

Doubly painful, I am currently plugged in to an old 1080 tv that has a response time slower than the GB Olympic rowing team - it’s really awful. But the Porsche in the wet sounds an absolute blast so I’ll have a crack anyway!

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Did you mortgage your Ferrari for a week there in school holidays?! :D

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

It’s seriously horrible, tree houses are close to £7k for 4 nights, which includes nothing except complimentary champagne upon arrival. And, just to rub your face in it even more, you can only swim twice in the time you are there due to COVID restrictions!

7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

To quickly add, before anybody thinks I have gone completely mad. No, I did not stay in a tree house, and I certainly wouldn’t and didn’t pay £7k to do so.

8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    11.21:045
    XSX
    6 Laps
    First attempt to make sure I’m on the board - improvement through the stint was good, from 55 down to 52. Hopefully this means much better to come!

Attached Files:

9. SlowGrayAudi

30-31 psi is the sweet spot for wets. Try to keep them in the window on the drying track.

Open up the ducts (3) to help cool them for the last 2 laps. I sacrifice the first lap for sure with low pressure to maintain them for the end.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for tips SGA, I’ll give them a crack.

SlowGrayAudi and Pretend racer like this.
  11. SlowGrayAudi

No worries, it takes some trial and error to get the tires in the window.

I found the wet setup very understeery so i had to raise the rear significantly as well as increase rear bar. This helped significantly through turn one, 3 and 4.

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    10:59.586
    PC
    6 laps

cayman.png

I wanted to get a sub 11 minute time, just managed it by the skin of my teeth :D

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11.07:698
    XSX
    6 Laps

A bit embarrassing this. I’ve only been able to complete a couple more runs due to a brake problem.

Turned on the hud to discover my uncalibrated pedals had the brake slightly pressed at all times. As such, I’ve had to take them off the pedal plate, connect up the usb connector, switch on my ageing notebook and adjust the dead zone. Then connect them back up!

This has obviously helped, Ive started hitting the 49’s on only the second attempt. But I am now having to relearn the pedal feel again to trail braking due to the loss of the ‘always on’ effect. In three simple words - what a wally!!

Attached Files:

14. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Final Standings!

AC
    1. pretend racer 2.22.668 pc
    2. SlowGrayAudi 2:24.598 PC
    3. Totall Wrytoff 2.27.236 PS4
    4. Rod100 2.28.713 Xb1

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 10:53.835 PC
    2. Peggy11 10:59.586 PC
    3. local_man1234 11:01.740 Ps4
    4. Mike Reynolds 11:02:031 PC
    5. TinPeach 11.07:698 XSX

@SlowGrayAudi claims 2nd place this week with a stellar time around the classic Spa circuit. @Totall Wrytoff concentrated on driver skill and didn't bother with the setup too much. It paid off and he's earned the bronze medal this week. @Rod100 was just about there, and slides into fourth place.

On the ACC side @SlowGrayAudi has this combo figured out with a blisteringly quick time which earns him first place. @Peggy11 comes in second this week and the only other driver to make it home in under 11 mins. @local_man1234 just missed the 11min deadline and is rewarded with a third place finish.

My apologies for the late Results Roundup, it was a holiday weekend here in Canada and I took advantage of it!