1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing ACC Safety rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Pitralon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

I don't really get what i have to learn from this video but anyway....i've already watched this video several times in the past, but there is nothing to learn for me from it, i already have this kind of behave on track, because this is my driving style from the first time i've entered a public server.
    I do not live for winning an online race, i do not push somebody out of the track to gain a position, from time to time i've made a mistake like everyone here and as soon as i can i beg for a pardon on chat.

That's exactly my world, thanks Booster, and seems to be the world of many many people around here, maybe the SA system count could be phenomenal for someone, but for this kind of driver community seems to be unsufficent or bad implemented, there will be for sure a better system to do this kind of calculation.

Just as example...why i have to loose SA point if somebody hit me in the rear of my car at 250 km per hour at T1 in Monza? This is a thing that drive me crazy, and also is still possible that this happen all the time after 4 or 5 years (do not remember exactly) that the game came out? What the hell.....i've learn from the first race in Monza how to behave in T1 and in every T1 of every frustrating track and race, but in this game for the most of the people seems to be a very hard thing to learn, what are you, idiots?

Sorry guys, i'm very out of control because this is a fantasti simulation, but you guys.....what the heck....

Pirro likes this.
  2. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

This is in few words, what i think, and, i want to add, as i already wrote, the frustration that came out when you realize at the pit that your race is finished because you have to stop 3 or more minutes (in Monza is equivalent to stay 2 laps behind... so is meaningless to continue the race)

Pirro likes this.
  3. What kind of lobbies are you driving in?
    I honestly cant remember the last time someone punted me doing 250km/h and I drive in LFM lobbies as well as pubs (min 80 SA).

The reason you get points deducted when someone punts you might seems weird, but look at it this way.
    I would be really hard for an algorithem to differentiate between a punt and someone just straight up brake checking you. If there was no point deduction for this type of collision, trolls would just start brake checking anyone whos behind them without consequences and then these boards would be full of complaints about that.
    Its kind of like teamkilling in FPS games where its really difficult for the game to know if youre teamkilling by accident or on purpose. There are systems in place in certain FPS games to circumvent this, like a "forgiveness" function. Where you manually decide if a TK was on purpose or an accident, but imo it would be really hard to implement for a SimRacing title. For starters it would require a full on reputation system and I dont think we need really that.

If SA rating is working well for the majority of people I think theres a chance its not about the system but about the way you drive and select lobbies. Im not trying to troll here, but the amount of people who argue the system is flawed seems to be very very small compared to the people who dont.

Mogster, Kennifer and chksix like this.
  4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Did you watch the race only or did you watch the aftermath as well, where Aris is going through the T1 situation step by step explaining why he did what he did?
    If you get punted in T1 from behind every time, you should adapt to it and have an eye in the mirror to be able to avoid the punting or at least reduce the impact.

Mogster, Kennifer and chksix like this.
  5. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

Maybe i was not clear enough, it is my fault, i'm not able to explain myself clearly, T1 in monza is just one of the most famous example on what happens on tracks (see how Vasilakis is happy going through T1 and T2 in Monza this is self explanatory). And Andy, believe me i try to avoid any contact anytime (as Vasilakis did and he's was surprisingly happy after what he did to avoid contacts), but is almost impossible the most of the time in crowded situations like that. My eyes are pointed forward and at the reviewmirror, and left and right, but is useless, somebody will surpsise you all the time, at a right point i decided to start last just to avoid the problem, but this is frustrating.
    The point is this, is just a matter of time, i have just few hours A WEEK, does not matter which server i choose, a noob server with zero SA or a 70 rating SA or more, i'm forced to choose the first available.
    Most of the people knows that does not matter which their behave will be on track, if they are allowed to spend a few hours A DAY in the game, they can easily gain or loose points because they have TIME.
    My lack of time is the most frustrating thing that blow up the weak points of the game, FROM MY POINT OF VIEW (occasional, non pro but fair little bit of time driver, and so for the part of the drivers in the same situation) because if somebody screw up my ONLY race i can do that day, you know, is a bit disappointing, just to say the less.....

6. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

imo it has nothing to do with how much seattime you have. its about the ratio between obwp and trust, thats all. you and your opponents loose SA when you have contact, if you have more clean tracktime than other ones your SA is increasing, else decreasing. dead simple and the system is working fine. I am on 99 all the time, and i have contacts on open servers, thats not avoidable.

Kennifer and Luis Branco like this.
  7. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

I really start to think that my english is not understandable......

8. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Avoid Monza is the first tip. If you must go there leave a lot of space to the cars in front by braking really early and "dosing" the brake pedal to reduce speed gradually. The bigger space in front allows you to check the mirrors better or the radar for divebombers.

The_Bad_Fasterd and Kennifer like this.
  9. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

The issue here is that the races are way too short for this system to work as intended. Most of the incidents take place in the first lap, or even the first corners, because there are way too many cars fighting. Also, people tend to be way more aggresive when they know there are only gonna be a few laps to gain positions.

When races are, say 1 hour long, or even more, no-one take risks in the first laps, because there is no reason to do so. It is not even the time you're gonna loose if you spin, it is also the time you're gonna lose because of the damage each lap.

I normally can't even reach a SA of 95 if playing in public servers doing 20min races, but I reach SA 99 very easily if I switch to races of 30mins or more.

I think the SA system works as it should, it is just we are prone to drive in an endurance series simulator doing 20-min races, and that doesn't make any sense really.

IVGEN, Kennifer and anthonylroy like this.
  10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

imho it's more a problem with attitude of the drivers. Even if you get involved in a accident and can't even drive anymore, do not quit, go back to pit, repair and drive til the end.
    So many are just quitting after a start accident and there is no wonder why they can't get their SA rating higher.

ZiltoidRacer, Kennifer and Wolkenwolf like this.
  11. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

Yeah well, that's also true... we all see these kind of drivers who can't even do a valid lap during qualy, and then try to overtake half of the grid in the first few corners, because of course they have more pace (nevermind we're all driving slowly because there is a train of cars). Of course it never ends well, and then they're back to the pits in the second lap and then they just quit instead of finishing the race.

I actually wonder whether they finish any races at all. The only thing you can actualyl do against these drivers is to raise the SA to very high levels. Truth to be told a SA of 80 is very easy to achieve.

Kennifer and Wolkenwolf like this.
  12. Im also starting to think this problem stems from ACCs userbase.
    Probably not the select few on these forums because we probably tend to take things more seriously than the average user, but were only a small part of the whole thing.

When I look at online servers I see very few servers above 80SA and heaps of 50SA or even 20SA.
    This probably means high SA servers are less in demand and get avoided because people are too lazy or not "hardcore" enough to bother getting their safety rating up.

When I race online its mostly on LFM, or on 80+ SA rated pubs so I can have races with people who also take things seriously, but Im afraid a lot of people are going into these races like its Need for ****ing Speed Underground or some ****.

13. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

and a lot farm SA in SP - that should not be possible.

I have raced a lot on pubs in the last months, if you race on Apex or CP server with SA 80 is okish most of the time, i had lots of clean races. Monza/Spa as exception. SA90 is always fine (if you ever find one)

Lindos and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Booster

Booster Racer

hello everyone
    I don't know if the possibility of reducing the performance of a car that hits a wall or goes off the track has ever been considered.
    I happen to see cars after hitting a wall at 200km/h overtake me as if they had no damage.
    In this case it would be enough for the engine power to be reduced by 80% or for at least one tyre to deflate forcing a tyre change.
    It wouldn't solve the SA point problem but I think it would calm down the over-aggressive drivers on the first braking.

chksix likes this.
  15. Lindos

Lindos Rookie

Really unpopular but I am sure oft repeated idea......make cars ghost for the first 1.5 laps of any race. That way the cars have some time to find their natural place in the order.

Yes its unrealistic for a sim, but guess what, so is someone piling in to the back of everyone at T1. That doesn't happen in IRL either (in the main) because there is severe consequence. Lose a bit of sim, because you've already lost it anyway with the mentality of some at T1, but in return get a whole lot more happiness for many. There is no upside to the current system, only frustration for the majority that just want a clean fair race and don't really care in which position they come - after all you tend to come in the position you will come in; its not like you can up your game at will.

16. My opinion about SA is this: the system works nice. It's predictable and reliable. The overall multiplayer experience, although, can be improved. SA alone cannot guarantee a predictable field. People need to be filtered by their pace, like in lfm. As SA rating is used as a gate in public lobbies, maybe also a slightly different PC rating could be used.
    However SA works. But it's just one side of the coin.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  17. Lindos

Lindos Rookie

Don't get me wrong, it works for me. I have SA=99 and I work had to keep it that way. I just know that some people struggle and I can understand why - part of being human is to help your humankind :). And not to think yours is the only valid view in the world and critique others if theirs be different. Lets be proud to be free.

Nick Parks and Salvatore Amato like this.