1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Proof AC thinks console gamers are superior

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Direct quote from the AC Community Blog 1 Sept, shows the devs really do believe that console gamers are superior and needed a much greater challenge than the pc only 'master race'. So rejoice friends console gamers clearly are considered faster. Even now the devs only considering a tweak. Feel free Share your stories of domination below of course!

AI DIFFICULTY
    This is a tough one… We don’t want to make the game ‘easy’ by any means, but we do recognise that the AI may need tweaking, especially on Easy mode. Our team are aware of this request and are working on a solution. Again, more info on this soon!

We know the in game facts show pc gamers have a choice of difficulty levels from 80% to 100% but on console the range is just 88% - 100%. This might not sound much but for those who need the detail here it is in the form of AI lap time in game statistics:

Brands Hatch Indy GT class race weekend with pc AI at 80% easiest - there is no console equivalent for this. Winning at this level on pc is the true definition of easy.
    [​IMG]

Now the same qualifying laps with the pc AI at 85% - no console equivalent for this either.
    [​IMG]

The easiest difficulty console players have the equivalent option of on console is the pc AI at 88%, notice this is almost a 17 second difference in required lap times .
    [​IMG]

Console AI set at Easy for direct comparison.
    [​IMG]

So I'll finish with this chant which will only really mean something to people of a certain age. I think the pc gamers really have had it:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Hacker alert, recorded for proof! Never seen this before! Jun 26, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Waterproof pedal set? Jul 24, 2018
    Liveries "death proof" skin for broadspeedjaguar_v01 Dec 16, 2014
    Tracks modding Tests and proof of concept. May 6, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The game thinks my PXN V9's pedals are buttons not an axis, is there a fix? Nov 21, 2022
    XBox One Discussions The game thinks I've not purchased the Ferrari 70th anniversary pack(Xbox one) Nov 5, 2017
    Console Lounge Who else thinks we need a license system like iracing has on assetto corsa? Sep 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Who thinks the kerb effects are NOT canned? Nov 23, 2013

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Ahahaa :D Oh yes and beleive me, I needed those 80% settings when I started playing Assetto Corsa ;)

Tenno and MBK72 like this.
  4. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Way to go to start an argument !

Tenno and MBK72 like this.
  5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I know you've been involved in some of the other threads, and seen the 'get good' comments made by our elite and apparently 'to be respected' pc only owning 'friends'. The AC team seem to think differently so maybe it's time to turn the tables.

If they so fast why they need the beginner settings? :D:D

6. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

7. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Can't deny that i'd be interested in what the PC Drivers make of our beloved console version tho'

8. djm99

djm99 Gamer

TitzonToast likes this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Kunos have to fix this inmediatly. It already spooking console players: Im seeing this days A LOT of Assetto Corsa game in second hand deallers (No mans sky is bull**** in comparision)

10. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

why do you think we dont allow you to see the rest of the forum? we've been worrying in the other threads for months about superior racing skills of the console horde.

lab research suggests having a head as empty as a eunuch's underpants may actually help when performing complex tasks such as sim racing, the primitive brain allows muscle memory to do its thing unhindered by complex thought :D:D:D

12. Borez

Borez Gamer

I'm enjoying the challenge to be honest.

13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Citation required otherwise this is just another opinion from the pc forum :D:D:D;)

Tenno, OriginalR6kid and Andy-R like this.
  14. MagikGT1980

MagikGT1980 Rookie

AC dev- win E30 with M1 or Z4, show as please

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MBK72 likes this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Unquestioned, with your superior skills I'm not at all surprised.

16. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Well I didn't want to appear boastful, but I've been playing using telepathy for the past couple of years now.
    I use my rig for drying my underpants these days.

Beat that PC heads!

OriginalR6kid, Andy-R and MBK72 like this.
  17. Borez

Borez Gamer

Well, you know. I didn't want to say anything really.

18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

With that sort of modesty you will never be allowed to own a laptop, let alone an all powerful desktop pc. Well done keep it up.

Borez likes this.
  19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I remember when this forum was a nice place. :(

garyjpaterson and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just do it as me, block OP. He's one of the worst agitators in this forum. He really seems in need...

aphidgod likes this.
  21. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

That's funny. :D

MBK72 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.