1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic REMINDER - Community Behavior

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone,

Firstly, we hope you're all having a great weekend! We just wanted to remind you guys that we want to encourage a friendly community atmosphere here on our forums. Remember you're are here because you all have an interest in Assetto Corsa and the last thing we want to see is name calling and arguments between players. It's something we've seen too often recently and it needs to stop! :(

Please remember, we will not tolerate any form of behavior that is considered upsetting, offensive or inappropriate. It's massively unfair on other community members who are here to engage with other players in a friendly manner, as well as the team who are hard at work behind the scenes, on Assetto Corsa. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the team are totally open to constructive criticism, but under no circumstances will we tolerate behavior that's upsetting towards others.

Should anyone in the community behavior in an inappropriate manner, will have to take appropriate action.

Finally, we're fully aware that there are some hot community topics that you guys are keen to have more information/updates on. Be rest assured, we will update you guys with the latest from behind the scenes, as and when we can!

Thanks for your understanding! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Friendly reminder that the MoTeC histograms are still bugged Jun 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What’s great in ACC so far! (A reminder thread) Jun 4, 2019
    Bug reports Reminder - Console Customer Support Sep 26, 2017
    Suggestions Car Setup Save Reminder Jan 6, 2017
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4 Enduro Club - New solo driver endurance racing community Apr 22, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Who want to join our community? Apr 1, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Any community 24 hours of spa? Feb 21, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Simrace.pl community - 8 Hours of Bathurst - 05.03.2022 Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PLR - Pro League Racing community, new season starts in January! Dec 2, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room 10Tenth's Racing Community. Aug 26, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room german speaking community? Jul 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room oNiD Community Racing - MX5 Cup League [simracing.gp] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room oNiD Community Racing - Championships and One-Off Events on SRGP (NA & EU) Apr 30, 2021

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Different opinions will always exist on forums but if people tried to imagine a real person behind the nickname, the way many express themselves would change.

4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Absolutely - and everyone is entitled to their own opinion! What we don't want to see is arguments between community members, name calling, etc... It creates an awful atmosphere and we all have feelings at the end of the day!

regingz and ingrobny like this.
  5. mister dog

mister dog Alien

There's a lot of people (140.000 registered) on this forum which amounts to a small city, so like @kofotsjanne says one can expect all sorts of behavior. I think there is however only one moderator in the form of Kevin?

Maybe it would be better to get more moderators in who can hand out warnings when people cross the line, instead of just locking threads due to time constraints? That was also the unofficial reason for closing down the mod section which didn't go down to well either.

Just a thought. I bet people that have build a good rep. here would be willing to moderate for free.

Ace Pumpkin and RoccoTTS like this.
  6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Afternoon cm505, what causes most of the arguments on here is the sheer lack of information on the hot topics, when is the console going to be running on the latest pc version, we don't even know if were going to get private lobbies or not. The game has now been out 10 weeks on console, we have had 1 update which has made it better, on the other hand the pc version has had major updates, lots of minor updates to a game that was already streets ahead of the console version, this is what is causing all the frustration in my opinion. You get the console users posting negative things being slapped down by pc users who have the all singing all dancing version, what these forums need is more information of kunos on these hot topics.

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Agree, the lack of information from the official source means the gap is filled by nonsense from pc only users who are really expressing an opinion.

Applying the moderating standards the same way to all users would be a start. Being 'argued with' in the console are by forum users who've only ever played the pc version is the biggest cause of arguments here.

And staying on topic with the same standards the split community that means pc users can comment in the 'Steam' and console areas, while console users are restricted to only the console area.

8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! As we've stated above, we totally understand that you guys want more information on the hot topics and as soon as we have info to share, we will share it! All we ask is that you remain respectful towards us and one another. We all have feelings and at the end of the day the last thing we want to see is our community acting in a way that's disrespectful or hurtful. It's not fair!

regingz likes this.
  9. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

We totally respect that... But please remember that with regards to some of the hot topics, if we don't have any major updates to share, we can't tell you anything more than we are doing already. The team are working flat out behind the scenes, be rest assured, and as soon as we can give you more info on what's going on behind the scenes, we will let you know!

Matt White and regingz like this.
  10. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

A blanket ban on PC goons in console section would be a good starting point. If I wanted to be condescended to by people who think they know more than they do I'd start a conversation with the wife.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Regards, and you have a point here. We shouldn't dismember ourselves over some lines of code, granted!
    But please! Don't play the emotion card! You are doing a paid job here, and not some
    fairydance.
    But point taken.

12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

:D

13. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I knew this would happen, "us versus them" and this should never be the case, but I agree, how can somebody like me (pc based) give advise to a console user, it's never going to happen, and tbf, I don't see why PC people are getting involved with Console conversations, beats me, but some people like to be "over helpful" I guess.

The way I see things, is, if you have a PC and have paid for AC, then thank you, thank you for your support to Kunos, like me, and long may it continue.

To you Console Users - Again, thank you for the purchase and support, but please remember, us PC users are 2-3 years ahead, there was always going to be issues in porting a sim that has run on a PC for years, proved to have problems with a console, no matter how much testing you do, it's a simple fact in life.

So all I would ask, and an independent here, is Console users, please give Kunos time, time to improve on what they have done for us PC users, and trust me they have, they do actually listen to the community, it might not be an overnight fix, but they do listen, if you ask the correct questions, i.e This is ****, I want a refund ( this will give a few people a giggle in years gone by ) and such they will ignore you, but if you ask a valid question, like I did, with pitstops....all I asked is, Pitstops are not silent, can you add an airgun to the sounds, and low and behold, that appeared on the next update.....see its not what you say, but how you say it.

There should be no "US(PC) and Them(Console)" at the end of the day, seriously, we all want the same thing?

Just my 2 pence worth

Shaun

14. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Don't tar us all with the same brush, please :)

Fat-Alfie and mister dog like this.
  15. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

In a thread reminding people about their behaviour, you start calling people goons. Well done.

Edit: and imbeciles. Well done again.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

...and you did it again, even in a thread like this...:rolleyes:

Matt White likes this.
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Some people just don´t see when they´re part of a problem, doesn´t have anything to do with being pc or console user.

Peace :)

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I know this is inappropriate behavior, but pls Kunos, give me this one for free!

Someone should make your wife reading this forum.

Thx, done. :p

paul_wev likes this.
  19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Respectfully, this isn't truly the case. The version of AC released on console is 2-3 years behind and the divide has been created by the choice to sell a game at AAA prices in this condition. The pc game was an early access game and development was expected. F1 2016 is a comparable game on the 3 platforms and the game versions are at most a few days apart and other than a few technical limitations the versions are as good as identical. I know of no other PC to console or vice versa game where older versions were released and then slowly updated on an undisclosed timeline. If AC had been released in the console preview program then all this would be understandable.

For some strange reason, which as a pc and console AC player I'll never understand, certain pc only players decided all of the problems were caused by the competence of console gamers rather than any of the significant issue with the console version. This is the root of the problems the mods are attempting to address in this thread.

Having a 2 class forum system doesn't help either.

I agree with the sentiment of the rest of your message but I know for certain others don't - commenting without any experience of the console version in the console forum is the problem.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What are you talking about?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You are still spreading misinformation galore! Console version is on v 1.3 ~ 1.4, so not two or three years behind the PC version!
    But I got it, you don't like AC. There is a shiny new car game out there. You can even kill Kangaroos out there. Maybe, that's more appealing to you. Give it a try.

Sorry 4 OT. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.