1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

Thanks, I'l give it a try now

EDIT - Oh yeah... found the sweet spot I think, first lap was a 44 @Monza.

Good luck on the fix but even if you don't manage I think it's fair to let every one know so i'ts a level field :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

By the way: How is it possible to get 240+ km/h topspeed at the hangar straight, as some recent hotlappers do ? ;) I'm at kind of lowest possible wings already -except at ' front wing of course- (+ almost lowest ride height as well) and only reach 230 km/h.. .

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  3. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

The answer has already been posted but I'll post it again:

"We are working on an update of our car to fix the issue of excessive speed in certain conditions.
    The update will be ready before the start of the Official RSR Formula 3 Championship on SRS starting coming Sunday (15 Jan 2017)." Posted on Race Department!

4. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

"excessive speed" does not necessarily mean excessive topspeed. ;)
    Thought it was more about corner speeds, that quote.

5. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

It's not a matter of wing Marco.
    Try to lower the car and you'll see. ;)

6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

its about wing, suspension rate and ride height.

7. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I like this mod, but indeed is seems there are some setup exploits that make a big difference particulary on top speeds. Hope to have this fixed soon.

8. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

He already said that his ride height is nearly lowest :)

if you want to know its rear 19 and front 0 for the best speed, mainly straights

9. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

The new version of the RSR Formula 3 is out. Our car will be used in the official SRS championship starting today (Sunday at 21:00 GMT).

[​IMG]

RSR Formula 3 v3.1
    - improved force feedback
    - tyres tuned
    - fixed issue of excessive speed in certain conditions
    - reworked splitter and diffuser
    - bumper camera is now in line with other AC cars
    - fixed small issues on some skins

more info and download here
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/update?update=23111

Enjoy

See you at Donington!

Dookie, glen vw, JoseL231 and 7 others like this.
  10. Andrea Lojelo

Just a small guide on how to register for a tonight race. I hope it helps who hasn't used SRS yet.
    It's all very simple and intuitive, and the system does everything for you automatically.

Just register to SRS first.
    There are few rules that are worth mentioning here as well:
    • Please register with your first and last names.
    All registrations that do not comply with these requirements will be deleted!!

Install their Plugin for Assetto Corsa.
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/instructions.php

Enable the app in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Book for the race, and select your skin.
    NOTE: it's possible to book for the race up to 5 minutes before the start of the race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The server will be configured automatically by SRS, and you will be assigned to the right split (up to a maximum of 4 servers), based on your performance on the championship and your road rating on SRS.

At the scheduled time, the JOIN button will appear. By clicking on it you will be automatically connected to the server.

[​IMG]

Please find more information here

[​IMG]
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/instructions.php

Just as a reminder, points assigned in the race and your rating will be influenced by the number of incidents. Each incident will substract 5 point from your score.

A great incentive to race respecting your competitors, having fun racing closely but without ruining each other's race.

More information on the regulation here:
    [​IMG]

http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php

One more note about mods.
    Please make sure you have the latest version of the mod installed. You will have a mismatch when joining the server, otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    glen vw, Quffy and Glaurung like this.
  11. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

This part is not important in Assetto, the app will automatically change your name, so no need to change it if you want to race in SRS and stay with your regular nick in the public servers.

Maybe @Lino Carreira can post your HOW-TO in the first post?

12. Andrea Lojelo

Thanks. Fixed.

Also don't forget to download the newer versions of both mod. You will have a mismatch when join the server, otherwise.

RSR Formula 3 v3.1 (updated on Jan 15, 2017)
    and
    Donington v1.51 (updated on Oct 23, 2016)

If you want, rate those mods. It's a great way to give them more visibility and provide a nice feedback to the modders.
    [​IMG]

One more tip, from something I noticed yesterday on Donington track.
    If you have "Kerb effect" set to 100%, on this track, just like on Silverstone for example, you will notice a very heavy rumble going on the kerb. Much more compared to other tracks like Spa.
    I've modified this effect to 0% in my case (not even sure why I had it active in first place :p)

You can find this in Options>Controls>Advanced>Kerb Effect

13. Andrea Lojelo

RSR F3 Championship started on SRS.
    First race, 41 drivers on track. 2 servers fully packed, and still no incidents on T1. It seems to be that the SRS rating works pretty well :D
    Well done everyone...except for me :oops:. I has a bit of a moment on the last chicane, accelerating slowly on the exit. Unfortunately I was an easy target for the guy behind, and after, with the car pointing on the wrong direction, to some more unlucky guys. Sorry for that!
    Despite that, it was a nice race for me. Starting again from 23rd, despite the damages on the car, I managed to crack on and get back in 9th. Great fun.

Here are the results

See you tonight for some more fun.

Thanks to Vladimir for the video.

MiKeAhOwSkI, h_l and esox71 like this.
  14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

do custom skins work with srs?

15. Andrea Lojelo

You can select your own custom skin if you want (SRS allows you to pick any skins you have installed on your PC).
    Anyone that has that skin installed on his pc will see you correctly. If that's not the case they will see the default skin (RSR skin).

I personally like the idea of custom skins for championships since it makes your opponents more recognisable.
    A skin pack could be arranged, if needed.

From what I've seen SRS TV has installed already the Skin Pack, and there is a big variety of cars there already. Using one of those cars for sure makes things easy for everyone to manage, since no additional downloads are needed.

Kopiller and ShimonART like this.
  16. h_l

h_l Gamer

Thank you for the organisation of the championship (and for using my short video as well:rolleyes:), I had a lot of fun yesterday. Here is "photo" from the 2nd server just after start: Philippe Simard chased by Henrik Ericson, Christian Lozanov and the rest of the pack approaching to T1
    [​IMG]

17. e.i.weijers

e.i.weijers Rookie

Had great fun last night!
    Was my first league entry since 18 years
    Like the mod and the organisation!

See you soon.

18. TDS

TDS Alien

some fast times but really bad race craft at the championship today , SRS should use minorating AB only on their servers it will help a lot i garantee.

Gunja, demetri and Kopiller like this.
  19. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Had a couple of very close calls today with backmarkers ignoring blue flags. Some safety rating is definitely required, otherwise people are encouraged to drive like on public servers

TDS likes this.
  20. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I was int he same race as @TDS and I second the lack of racecraft/situational awareness of some racers there. Plus having no safety rating make people act in this win at all cost mentality, including using off track lines to gain time. I saw many guys use the run-off before the last turn at barcelona to gain faster lap times... Since the AC system does not give a penalty for this corner, there is nothing preventing those guys from doing it lap after lap if they know where the 'no-punishment' limit is.

The RSR F3 series could be real fun nevertheless.

TDS likes this.