1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

And don't forget that YouTube codecs HIGHLY degrade any gameplay and graphical details. I believe the video was recorded at 60 FPS, but YouTube always degrades the quality...heck, been watching some 4k videos of new graphics mods for AC...even at 4k on my hi res tv, the quality at full screen mode is NOTHING compared to actual gameplay.

ALB123 likes this.
  2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

knowing x4fab he will find a way to add more ways of modifiers for the AI then kunos or widen the boundaries which of course will then be used as bait for some naughty people on the internet.

ALB123 likes this.
  3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Where did you get team directions on how to set-up the car? I've looked everywhere online, and can't find anything.

Also...remember that the biggest difference is the new tyres. Always tyres. GT car aero, even the newer, wider bodies and mostly Dallara aero inventions do very little for the cars...gains are minimal. The main difference to me is the tyres, which clearly propel the cars faster through the turns and significantly shorten the braking distances. The tyre tech has really caught up to the wider cars, and they're clearly exploiting the grip, esp. in the lesmos and Ascari.

One word, "customizable" excites me very much. Perhaps the biggest development since the Porsche license...been waiting for decent AI for a long time!

Also...you and I need to chat about getting you that special XX Evo wheel I have...it's special unlike the other 4 I tested two years ago. And I've adjusted the internals so the shifters perform much better, have a better click and positive shift feel. :) Since I've listed the T300 base and sold the F1 wheel, finally boxed up the old GT rim and thinking of selling it...I want to know a sim racer is using it frankly.

pigsy likes this.
  4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

BUT, iRacing was designed primarily as an online racing experience, not as a simulation game. Assetto Corsa is different, offering both an online experience and more traditional game experience of a self-contained racing mode.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is room for both models, AC also having AI makes it more appealing to the general user as I think MP is a much lower user base overall so sales will be helped by ai more then mp. Personally I rarely ever use AI but still apreciate the effort put into it so many others get more from the game.

Early days of Iracing the physics didnt convince me and the buy to rent structure I was never a fan of. I would love to have the option to purchase their tracks for AC as they are really well done and a solid line up. The pickup racing in IR is unlikely to he ever matched by any community systems and really needs full dev support but then also some monthly fee to make viable.

The AI I prefered earlier in AC when they were a bit more insane and agressive. They may have got better overall but a bit too tame and easy to pass sonwith changes I may turn solo tests into runs with AI. Currently I would rather run on my own then with AI traffic if nobody is in a server I want to run. But my solo running is in the server so there is always a chance others may join.

6. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

1440p and 4k Youtube streams do use much higher bitrate than 1080p and below. I've found they're *pretty* close to the source material.

The downgraded quality you noticed could have been from the content creator reencoding their source video to a lower bitrate before uploading to Youtube. 4k video files are pretty darn huge.

F430_458_F12 and Orne like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't want the AI dive bombing and ramming me, I can play online against humans for that...

I've been racing with them in road sports cars at Vallelunga recently and in decently matched cars they're pretty good. I've passed and been re-passed a couple of times in a lap, not by going off, just by being slow... The multi class issue is still there, I included a GT86 by mistake in a field of Ferraris, Mclarens GTRs and Porsches and they resolutely sat behind it but otherwise they gave me a good and a times thrilling race.

F430_458_F12, mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

AC's AI can be quite enjoyable with single class and especially when you start from last place. They can put up a fight and they can be just optimally aggressive and at the same time careful in corners. In Zandvoort in the esses with GT3s I remember we were going three wide with no contact one time, it was magnificent! The problem is they only want to "race" in corners. In straights they are way way careful. They don't overtake even if you drive in first gear on the edge of the road, just pile up.

If that behavior can be solved in the straights, and additionally we get an aggression slider as Marco said, the AI will be/can be really good. It might still be somewhat simpler than let's say rF2, but it has the potential to be close to that. Of course Stefano knows a lot more about all this. I hope his work will pay off, as I have been looking forward to AI updates many patches ago. Can't wait :)

9. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Looking forward to the new and improved aggressive AI. Hoping all the old traits of the faster AI cars not wanting to pass slower cars have been fixed. And yes as SoloWing said the AI needs to be more assertive on the straights when passing.
    But what I'm REALLY hoping for is for Stefano to remove some of the stability control the AI has. I want to see the AI not being in complete control of the car. Currently their reaction times are too quick so they can instantly recover a spin. Also removing the stability control will allow the AI to power drift out of corners.

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

That's why AI aggression should be option. So each type of player can choose what they want, not just % level.

11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

The easiest was would be 2 sliders:
    Median Value and Variance Value.

12. I would imagine the easiest way would be the same as how the difficulty/strength slider is now; one slider in the UI with the ability to make individual assignments in an ini file. Who knows how it will actually look or work, but remaining similar to what is already there would be the easiest IMO.

13. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Ok, so its May. Lets gather the hmm, well, ähhh..."facts"?
    • lots of noise about some nice new AI code from the master himself, and Marco as well (FB iirc?)
    • Laguna Seca was talked about being released in first half of 2017, at least me thinks I've read this somewhere <-- this still true? I've no clue:confused:...
    • I've read somewhere in this forum that something is propably going to happen this May.
    • This place is so absolutely impossible to find any information about anything now. Sometimes somethinig pops up, and dissapears in the depths of tripple digit thread pages within short time
      never to be found be me again, or not even in the first place
    Whats the situation now?
    Please, help an old man!

pigsy and rafikens1000 like this.
  14. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Exactly.

15. xela1

xela1 Racer

Thx Aris, impressive how a good setup works on track (nords).

Everybody knows where to put in Aris' ini.file? Take this route: c:/user/your name/dokuments/AC/setups. Choose Huracan and any track y want

16. Here is what we know:
    Next DLC/Update is sometime (likely the end of) this month.
    AI improvements are coming; among these is an aggression slider and the ability for SP multi-class racing.
    Laguna Seca has been delayed until much later this year.

fr13del, Joshkerr, matz_AUT and 2 others like this.
  17. you are right it can get confusing.. I'll try to clarify some points:

"lots of noise" is basically 2 lines by me and a FB post by Marco :p . Yes hopefully the AI is showing improvements, betatesters are giving very positive feedbacks so finger crossed.
    The biggest new is the addition of the "aggression" parameter to influence AI, for now the parameter is global for every driver... but there are also tweaks around for AI algorithms such as downshifting, steer and so on that will offer an improvement.. again HOPEFULLY, it's always very hard to predict the reaction of such a big audience... we're definitely having a great time testing the new AI.

Laguna Seca work hasn't started yet, I know there are some problems on the licensing side of the matter, don't know what the problems are nor if and when they can be sorted out.. hopefully work can start as soon as possible.

A new update + paid DLC is going to be released, hopefuly this May. The content will be announced by Marco as usually when time is right and everything is confirmed and approved.

hope that fills you in :)

18. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

You can take your time on May. I won't tell you the reason though...

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Probably doing boundary tests to make sure theres no issues, AI is probably a pain due to the sheer number of variants you could have, every track, time, level of grip and theres probably some more cars coming from those pictures Marco shared a while back.

Mogster and matz_AUT like this.
  20. myimac

myimac Alien

Thank you for your open feedback today both on this and also console button mapping

It's good to hear from you on the public forums and I always miss watching your informative streams that gave insight into how hard you guys work and also how "simple" changes have a far bigger picture

fr13del, eSEA One, Fat Rich and 12 others like this.