1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit Limiter: visual references missing in track models (Silverstone)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a.j.poole, Jun 5, 2017.

1. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

Would it be possible for official tracks to have lines or marker boards (like the DRS zones) added at the point where the limiter starts. Mainly on about Silverstone (new pit complex layouts) where there are lines on track but these don't match the pit limiter location. I believe other tracks also have ambiguous limiter locations. For Silverstone either the surface in the model extends too far and should be shrunk or an extra .kn5 could be loaded with boards and a line showing the actual speed limit location.

As it appears from this thread that the position is an anti-cheat strategy (one that is no longer needed IMO)
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/silverstone-gp-pit-lane-entrance.41193/ I would just be happy if the detection points are visible, maybe with a marker boards or extra line. These could easily be an extra .kn5 much like the lovely start lights that have been added!

Enjoy the game loads but as a league admin I'm being bombarded with complaints about speeding penalties from the Silverstone race, so I thought I'd pass them along ;)

[​IMG]

IRL the pit limiter happens at another line further down the pit lane and the one in the image isn't even there.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics AMG Evo Pit Limiter Aug 5, 2022
    ACC Physics Audi Evo II pit limiter speed Jul 4, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 GT3 pit limiter screen May 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Pit limiter doesn't work after 1.8.4 [User error - 1st gear needed for limiter] Nov 30, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Brands pit limiter warning Mar 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Pit Limiter button assignment Feb 7, 2021
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Pit Limiter not first option in MFD / No auto change to Pit Strategy when entering pits Nov 16, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Suzuka pit exit: Pit limiter stays on Oct 7, 2020
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: pitlane on track map with limiter zone Jul 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bug pitlimiter Careermode Spa 24h Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Pit limiter May 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer The Pit limiter does not turn off at the exit from the pitstop May 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay DSQ in pit for excessive speed with pit auto limiter on - Solved ! Apr 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Zolder: AI Pit Limiter Zone (and auto engine stop/start slowing pit times) Mar 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Pit limiter not engaging Jan 16, 2020

3. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

So I actually had a play and this is what I mean[​IMG]

Added a line and some polystyrene markers, its loaded as an extra kn5 so fairly simple to do. Although as you can guess I'm not a 3d artist...

4. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Yeah good idea.

I'd also like to see a pit board pop out every lap...just sayin be good also

Epistolarius likes this.
  5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Awesome stuff. This is what all the tracks need. What are the chances of you releasing a pack of kn5 files that add this to all KS tracks, so we can start enforcing speeding penalties?

rex81 likes this.
  6. hazardic

hazardic Alien

awesome

7. That's amazing, simple but effective

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

8. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

Maybe I could make a pack for all the tracks that need it, but I feel this may have the same issue that the extra pit boxes had where the mod data needs updating every time. So it has the same features etc as the kunos tracks. I'm not sure what the official stance is on changing the official models.ini files, I guess that is a no go.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If it's an extra kn5 file, then it may be OK. Shall we ask KS?

10. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

May as well, it makes it easy. Although like I said I'm not a 3d artist what I have made is functional but not KS quality. Hence why I'd like them to add it, also then the maintenance issue is no more.

On wrong OS currently so I'll attach the .kn5 when I get a chance so KS can check it if they like.

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Ok, I've asked the question.

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

it' ok even for tracks with extended pits - to get it working all what needed is just add the line with your models with corresponding model list number, that's all folks :)
    and yes, you could upload this great mod to RD

14. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

A new kn5 is ok.

Please still remember that collidable objects are heavy on the engine, so add only the necessary ones.

rex81 and WallyM like this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Good one. Thanks Manu.

16. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

17. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Very nice, thank you. Does this cause server mismatches? It does overwrite the models.ini file.

18. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

Think it may cause issues with certain servers running sTracker as I think that has extended the normal checksums done to all track files. But AC server only does checksums on the data folder as far as I am aware so this should be fine.

19. patrod

patrod Simracer

Even a new camera change the track checksum for Stracker, so this Stracker functionality useless.

Thx a lot.

20. a.j.poole

a.j.poole Gamer

OK so no one actually uses that sTracker setting? I know servers I help run don't.

Anyway it works for all the random servers I tried to join so far.

21. patrod

patrod Simracer

The Stracker checksum summary doesn't forbid to join a server, it was thinked for a manual control made by the admin. The problem is that it calculates the CS with the whole directory. Neys (the author) already said that this is useless.