1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

German GT-Pro testing Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by falkeGT, Nov 16, 2017.

1. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

This is Jan Seyffahrt a german GT-Pro, he was playing Project Cars a few days ago and people told him to test Assetto Corsa. He's driving the AMG GT3 he's driving for real on Nürburg GT.

You guys here @Kunos, you nailed it. Seems you could not have better advertisement than this. Be proud of what you've done. (Waaaaiiiit - you did not pay this guy like others do to promote their stuff, right? :-D )

cheers I love Assetto and I have to boot the AMG@Nürburg right now....

PS.: German guy, yeah he talks german stuff ^^

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XB SX game is missing german texts (now only english!) Feb 22, 2022
    ACC User Interface German language in replay UI Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room german speaking community? Jul 7, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 227 - Italian TT, and a German walks in a Park May 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface translation to german bugs Oct 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface (German) AM is wrongly translated to "Vorm." Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SimRacingXP - German speaking beginner friendly Community & League Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room German Simracing Community | Virtual-Motorsport.de Aug 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay errors in German translation Jul 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Admin Handbook (german translate) Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions UI - GERMAN Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions German esports league MSRL is running (yet another) ACC league Jun 11, 2019
    ACC User Interface Translation mistake in German translation (settings menu) May 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions An Italian, Hungarian, German and Greek meet at a... Belgian bar... May 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language) Apr 16, 2019

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

This was posted in the social media thread already, very cool though. It really is impressive seeing videos like these that weren't requested or paid for by anyone, just someone doing it from their own free will and acknowledging the quality of someone's work. A far cry from the Hamilton/GT vid and other blatant marketing done by other studios

4. chakko

chakko Alien

Good to see he has fun, even though i believe he didn't drive so many racing games yet. And there's also a little flaw in his thinking. "If this is already THAT great, then i ask myself how iRacing is." ;)

Well, actually, i'd be interested what he thinks about iRacing. I know a lot of RL drivers drive it, always made me wonder a bit though, if they don't rather drive it because of the great multiplayer races, and competition, than for physics and FFB.

Solmyr likes this.
  5. Orne

Orne Alien

Considering how highly he speaks of AC, I can't imagine him being terribly intrigued by iR. Track accuracy for sure although FFB is lackluster and the tire model ( at least on some of the cars) feels off. Drive the Ruf RT12 R RWD which iR claims has 700 lbs of torque, then drive the same car in AC. iR version feels more like 300 lbs of torque in comparison. Very strange. Grip level feels way too high.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

This is the story of AC, it actually sold a lot due to people telling other people. Good-mouthing? I haven't seen any advertisement for AC, maybe some for the console version? Of course AC has Ferrari and a lot of other big brands but the truth is that it just filled the gap between iRacing and Gran Turismo with something that is sim-racing but also drives well and looks good.

Kaktus10, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  7. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

I guess you just get it. And it's quite like if you come in a city you don't know, woud like to eat, and here are a quite little restaurant in front of a big well-known franchised one. Even if the second one is better than the first one, you may... see what I mean ? ;)

A shame I can't get this vid in my native language.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Minolin created English subtitles....currently in approval or so...

ShredatorFIN, Solmyr and Orne like this.
  9. Orne

Orne Alien

It appears as though they were approved, clicking the CC button I am now getting Eng subs

LeDude83 and gandlers like this.
  10. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Cool....added to watchlist to digest along with my lunch :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Seeing how this RL race driver – out of his own initiative and without financial benefit – enjoys AC and rates it as very realistic makes me happy.

The discussion on how close a sim is to RL often falls back to an odd level where people start claiming that the sim should do stuff that wouldn’t happen IRL in order for the sim to be realistic. For example, canned effects in the FFB, motion blur, speed-dependent FOV. The reasoning is always the lack of g-forces and fear. I always go WTF when I read this esoteric stuff.
    I mean, if you take this as a baseline for a discussion, there are as many realistic settings as there are users – the reasoning is far away from data land and way into personal preference land. Can we discuss sim on such a level? I say: no. Full stop.

All of the data you can extract from a sim needs to match the data a RL telemetry ECU would capture on the RL car. That’s how to discuss a sim. When you race that sim, just be aware that you lack certain feelings you’d get IRL instead of raping the hard- and software to give you the fizz you’re missing.

Back to the vid in OP: the numbers coming from AC hold true to RL (in most cases - surely Kunos also takes some shortcuts in the math behind AC). Now this guy proves it right on a more subjective base – coming from someone who isn’t biased and absolutely knows his sh*t. Since I always had the impression that AC simply is the most realistic sim available to the mass market, this gives me a big smile. Next time I fire up AC I’ll be even more assured that the combo I’ll be driving would behave exactly like that IRL. For me as a no-bling-bling sim enthusiast, that’s just great.

The whole Kunos team should take this as a huge compliment. But given how close they work with car manufacturers (they will not be easy on Kunos if the sim car doesn’t match the RL car closely enough) I’m sure they know how good they are, already.

ShredatorFIN, Radfahrer, LeiF and 5 others like this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Subtitles are live now, I highly recommend watching. It may be the biggest compliment for Kunos we've seen so far

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Assetto Corsa is realistic indeed, until you want to complete the game achievements...

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Please - for one thread - spare us from your wild theories. Thanks :)

15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Alright. I'll move on

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
    falkeGT likes this.
  16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That's on a console... it looks so good. So fluid and smooth. The shadows aren't flickering all over the place. No little microstutters like on my PC.

17. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

It is comforting that even a "professional" driver can't keep the car on the track.

ShredatorFIN and Glaurung like this.
  18. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

It is easier in real life. You have feedback from the G forces, a better sense of speed, better FOV and others feedbacks.

Also, he is driving on Ps4 and probably lots of time response delay on TV.

ShredatorFIN and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

I'd second that.

To his rescue, it looks like it's one of the first times he tried AC though, and he's actually doing pretty good for that...

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you add fear for your life to the positives, yes RL might be easier.

21. chakko

chakko Alien

I think "fear" is highly overrated. If RL drivers really had fear, then they would most likely choose another sport. Otherwise you'd hardly be able to do races. Let's not forget that most drive cars since the very early child days, starting in karts.