1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Assetto Corsa Competizione, the new official game of the BLANCPAIN GT SERIES, an official grand touring racing series, named after world-renowned Swiss watch manufacturer Blancpain and organized by SRO Motorsports Group, will be speeding onto Steam Early Access this summer.

Featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.

Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.
    In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions

Stay tuned for more information... www.assettocorsa.net/competizione

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche! Jun 17, 2016
    News and Announcements Assetto corsa welcomes lamborghini automobili Dec 31, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Axiom Sim Racing - ACC League-[PC] Sundays 20:15GMT (Newcomers welcome) Sep 21, 2021
    ACC Blog Welcome British GT and release 1.7! Feb 9, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room LoPeN AC - Friendly 1967 F1 - Slowpokes and fasties welcome! Dec 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport Friday GT3 Championship - All Drivers Welcome Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Looking for Broadcaster! Youtube creators/twitch streamers welcome Aug 19, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport - Everyone welcome Jun 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC exploit, you are welcome Aug 31, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Welcome to the ACC Leagues Section Jun 13, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Please Welcome: RaceApp League Management Mar 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Welcome Kevin "Minolin" in KS Feb 22, 2018
    Suggestions Elimination of Persistent Crashers Idea (Feedback Welcome) May 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room PHR would like to welcome some staff Nov 25, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Critique of graphic engine (community participation welcome) Oct 25, 2016

3. But no modding, I'm assuming due to the Blancpain licensing? (Best start a thread for it instead of the announcement post :) )

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Chisco likes this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Forget modding for once lol

Can't wait for the next generation of AC. I am so shaken to see rain and night in the screenshots and the announcement video. Moreover - intelligent rating system to be introduced later. It is incredible.

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

GT3 cars only? Where are my beloved street cars?
    Not interested atm

6. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

great news! now this sound more like becoming "your racing simulator" rather than a "driving/trackday simulator"

if it turns out to be the hardcore racing experience that i hope it will be i am lost for words. - maybe i will get a manual pit limiter finally :p

Dajonaga likes this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

AC... with an official series licence, a modern graphics engine, day/night time cycle, weather, ranking system and leaderboards... even ECU mapping?! Also, available in Steam Early Access this soon -- I was hoping for but definitely didn't expect something like this, this announcement exceeds my expectations. Really is a dream come true.

8. NicoGTAF

NicoGTAF Rookie

Not very interested, I did not buy AC solely because of GT3 cars. But I do seriously hope that these weather conditions could make their way into the next installment of the base game.

Solmyr, M.Sampla, Kriig and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Street cars (*not with a cheater slicks) + old bias ply tire race cars is where AC physics shine!
    GT3 is for the masses, that where the money is, and KS knows it:rolleyes::(

esox71, Ensyuya, Solmyr and 2 others like this.
  10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Congratz on the license.

I will be ready in summer when it drops on steam.

Rain and night with endurance support. Cannot wait.

Unreal 4 is amazing graphics engine its so optimized will look amazing.

Wonder why its Assetto Corsa Competizione instead of something related to Blancpain GT Series the game?

Epistolarius likes this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

so on ACC site I clicked on PC Steam button hoping for pre-order button lol :p

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Probably because AC is a known brand, built already strong reputation for good handling among consoles, gaming press etc.

GT3 is not my #1 favorite type of car, but considering everything else, definitely super hyped and Day 1 purchase. And even if you consider GT3's a bit "easy" to drive, getting into aquaplaning at high speed, with other of your headlights broken, should spice things up :D

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Epistolarius likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Perhaps to keep their options for different official licences open for the future. AC was a long-term project so ACC no doubt is the same. Who knows though.

ShredatorFIN and bgil66 like this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Awesome stuff. :) The way i see it, the GT3's are the most popular cars anyway, in terms of online racing, so, this is really great.

17. TTM

TTM Alien

This is great news to GT series lovers and of course big thing for Kunos. It was smart move to use Unreal Engine than try to make own gfx engine. Nice to see that rain and night is also included to ACC.

There is also many question marks, is this just offical game of blancpain series or will there be other content included later etc.

I’m personally happy about news of ACC, there is always room to new racing game. :)

TDS likes this.
  18. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Great news! I wonder if my i5 processor and HD7850 will be enough to cope with all this additional eye candy tho.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

20. RS10

RS10 Simracer

gotta keep the brand name in the title i guess

i dunno ... i'm not at all excited about this announcement
    extremely limited content, most of which we already had in AC so it's mostly new functionality
    new engine (which to my knowledge hasn't been used for racing games so far)
    therefore no carry-over of previous content (vanilla/mods)
    probably no modding

even if this is a step on the way to a full AC2 with more diverse content ... the second to last point stands ... i just hope that modders keep making stuff for AC ... i can imagine many people will stick with it even after the release of ACC

at least now we know why the M6 wasn't released for AC ... lol

Pascalwb likes this.
  21. Vel

Vel Simracer

What sort of software technology will ACC feature:

Directx 12 (re: multiple non-SLI'd independant gfx cards)?

Vulkan?

WWise?

Can we be sure finicky, hardware damaging / SSD drive destroying DRM will be avoided (Denuvo) ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.