1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

This simulator will be limited to the content of Blancpain? or will we have other categories?

This will be a new AC? or a new FVA dedicated to Blancpain?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion ACC controller gameplay in Assetto Corsa (content manager?) Mar 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Could we see more content for ACC? Aug 30, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Steam - corrupt content files error - acc.exe Jul 2, 2019
    Screens & Videos ACC YouTube Content Dec 12, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024

3. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Nobody knows!

4. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

I think there is one thing to consider: would the SRO be interested in having other series/content, that's not related to the Blancpain GT Series, in their official game? This is not just any game, that happens to have some Blancpain content in it, it's supposed to be their game. If SRO is not okay with that, then GT3 will be all you get.

I'm more interested in knowing if the game will include only the current year of the series, or if teams from the past will also make an appearance.

Ankit tyagi likes this.
  5. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well considering what most people were asking for (day/night, weather conditions etc.) it is likely that we will get only those 15 GT3 cars and 10 tracks, this way they can get their hand on the game and bring it to perfection... on other side, I am really not so much interested in driving only GT3 cars... GT Sport has really almost no content to some of the games that are out there... but it is fun, because, similar to AC it has a lot of different car categories, and this is what makes a game fun, at least for me...

I hope they will, in time, either make new AC game with ACC things in it, or expand current (upcoming) ACC game...

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I can see the sim going either way. It may be a Blancpain GT Series simulator with nothing else on it, but what makes me hope it isn't are the following details:
    It's called Assetto Corsa Competizione: If it's exclusively for the GT3 series, why not just call it after the series?
    If it is exclusive to Blancpain, I think Kunos would be able to just use the features from ACC on their next simulator, like AC2. But it would be a bit of a dick move making people buy a sim with only one series, and afterwards one with several cars, but the same features, so why not just make one sim with all the cars and tracks they want?
    My belief and hope is that the focus on the Blancpain series is just to help create some hype around the parnership, and then later they reveal it as a complete simulation.

It sort of reminds me of Reiza. They started out just replicating the Brazilian Stock Car series, but ended up with a full simulation with all sorts of cars and circuits.

davperes likes this.
  7. TTM

TTM Alien

Maybe even Kunos not know what they will do, so thats reason for silence. :)

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I find that really unlikely. Whatever it is they can and can't do must be very well documented in their contract with SRO.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  9. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I hope there's a way that ACC can somehow feature the Nordschleife, if not other AC tracks.

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Simple, just make Blancpain to add it to the calendar :p

Viggdred and Phil64 like this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well SRO run the Curbstone posh track/test day events for people with money to burn.

They can arrange for you to drive a GT3 car, it’s a stepping stone to the Blancpain series. The interesting thing is that they organise Curbstone events at the Nordschleife.

http://www.curbstone.net/en/

Phil64 likes this.
  12. Xero

Xero Gamer

Can't remember where I read it, but Kunos was apparently quoted as saying that the Blancpain series is "just the tip of the iceberg for ACC". While I'm not expecting all content from AC to make it's way across, I'm sure some of it will via some TLC to bring it up to ACC standards. Looks like we have AC2 after all!

Phil64 likes this.
  13. kro

kro Simracer

"Assetto Corsa Competizione - THE Official Blancpain GT Series Game"

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...to-sim-racing-with-assetto-corsa-competizione

I think this says it all .. I don't think we will see other series added to this as DLC as this is the "Official Blancpain game" however the 'Tip of the iceberg" statement I believe might refer to more single series style stand alone games to come from kunos down the road , This is a brilliant business model if you ask me .. why ? Single series = less headache (after the initial "learning the unreal4 side" work is done) as kunos has already stated . Why do all the coding to add DLC for small chunks of $$$$ when you can build another stand alone game (with the SRO license?) that you can again sell for the bigger money while having a work load concentrating on all the small details to make it shine etc.. I can see sequels coming like every 15-17 months :
    "Assetto Corsa Competizione - THE Official SRO GT 4 Series Game" or what ever licensed series they might acquire , these can all live together in one module like the battlefield 1 series has any and all there other/older games available in the BF1 UI listed in the menu to launch with 1 click from the one game but are sold as separate entities .. This is a good business model ,The devs get to do what they love & get paid for it ,the community gets the highly developed polished game play we all are desperately unerring for .. Its a win win !:D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The tip of the iceberg was the Blancpain license. The rest of the iceberg was the new game using the Unreal Engine, day night cycle, weather, animated pitcrew, on-line rating system, and release later this year.

Kunos have since clarified that this is "just" a Blancpain sim.

Spark 2, majuh, Phil64 and 1 other person like this.
  15. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

scary bit is how from what I've read they not sure how the unreal engine n ac will work

16. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Did anybody catch the sign in the trailer? Life is racing everything. I wonder if that's a typical hidden message from kunos. Wouldn't be the first time they gave us a obvious hint at things to come.

coops likes this.
  17. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Not sure I understand exactly, but if you mean they are not sure NOW that U4 engine will work on ACC, they told the exact opposite.
    They spent 8 months in 2017 to make R&D on Unreal 4 engine, it was not an easy task, but finally they achieved what they need, and they are really satisfied about it.

Source is the italian podcast I listened from Marco Massarutto, you can find an english summary (quite good) here

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Kingpen, anthony galmiche and Orne like this.
  18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

People will see what they want to see. Tips of icebergs, signs in trailers. Rather than looking for hidden messages I prefer to read what Kunos are actually saying :)

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It doesnt really matter, I doubt Kunos will retire once this game is final. :D

Maybe ACC will be the base hub to which they add future series to, maybe they will just release full series as standalone titles, maybe down the line there will be an AC2.

Either way we will be getting a more polished and dedicated feature rich sim. Using a modern high end graphics engine and updated Kunos physics, I cant really see any downsides to this. We also still have AC and its not going to disappear even if it wont get any further updates.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  20. Good question actually about past seasons, I think it might be too costly to license past liveries and teams. I would love to see that. It has been done before,In (race 07 wtcc) GTR2 they included both the 2003 and 2004 season and all of the tracks which is quite impressive really....!
    I would like to see GT4 since they share most of the tracks and stuff, and I like the idea of progressing from gt4 to gt3.

XandaoGamer and Fremen_78 like this.
  21. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Considering the fact that 2018 is the year that many teams drop their car of choice for years(and adopt to modern ones), kunos doesn't have that much of a work to do :D

Just kidding of course they do but this years' entry list won't require them to do that many additional cars. They'll only have to do:

Bentley Continental GT3 2018 bodywork(?)
    BMW M6 GT3 (i wonder if kunos will do the og bodywork or evo version)
    Lexus RC F GT3
    Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 (my fav.)
    Nissan GT-R GT3 2018 bodywork(?)

That's it. The only suspect left behind is reiter but they haven't said a word about blancpain yet and since they've switched to gt4, i don't think they'll appear. Sooo, yeah. 4 new cars (5 if you count the 2018 update of nissan)

So the complete list looks like this as of now:

Aston Martin Vantage V12
    Audi R8 LMS
    Bentley Continental
    BMW M6
    Ferrari 488
    Lexus RC F
    McLaren 650S
    Mercedes AMG
    Nissan GT-R
    Porsche 911

And the usual freaks and weirdos of 24h spa like lambo super trofeo and porsche cup cars.

10 tracks and 10 cars gentlemen :)

Oh and a bonus fact: 8 of the cars(i'm assuming kunos will do the 2018 versions of the bentley and the nissan) now have the modern style gt wheels :D Porsche and aston martin are the manufacturers to remain with full circle wheels. Since they did not update their bodywork for 2018, i don't think they'll update their steering wheels.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018