1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Sound Design

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ozelot S, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Ozelot S

Ozelot S Racer

So one of the more important thngs to me is the engine sound design of ACC.

Imo what most sims lack is the kind of dynamic sounds which are in a racecar.

A list of what is in my mind:

1. On and off throttle wobble, strength of the sound depending on how sudden you go on and off throttle. This means the wobble is stronger when you go from no to full throttle than from no to 50% throttle.

2. Transmission wobble! One of the things which bothers me the most are the transmission sounds and the missing but important transmission wobble when going on or off throttle and while changing gears. Would love to see a massive step up in ACC there! Fonsecker did a very good job with his latest sounds, especially on the Porsche GT3 Cup, the 991 RSR and the GT3 R in AC

3. Different transmission sounds for each car: Each race car has its specific transmission sound. So I'd like to hear the different transmission sounds for each car and in the correct volume. Some cars do have very loud transmission sounds while others do not.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

Greets Sascha

Swam-e, TDS, Freddie Seng and 15 others like this.

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yep this is huge deal for me. Looking forward to ACC in this regard too, hope it improves from AC. I've always said, graphics are just 50% of the audiovisual immersion.

Hoping for exactly that kind of stuff, small extra sounds triggered by physics events, nuances. The more details and variation, the better. I have no clue how to record everything so that they are separated (because in reality it's all heard in same time, which makes it difficult to record). But I hope it's possible to achieve somehow

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  3. Yes, we all hope this game will have separate sounds for engine and gear box (whining, etc) engine starter, pit limiter (that sound of the engine being cut off is amazing)
    We hope the game is a step forward no only in graphics, I wonder how many would vote on a poll, day/night transition, rain, better sound / more immersive.
    I woukd take sounds all the way over the others

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Swam-e, TDS, rikirk and 3 others like this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I have some suggestions but they are more from a modding standpoint and I guess audio modding won’t be allowed. However it would be nice if there was the option to have a different gear sample used per gear. Often race cars will have a loud gear 1 2 3 etc, but top gear has no audible noise and this can go the other way too. I think having more audio events would be good too, upshift sounds, downshift sound events.

TDS likes this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'm really interested in whole sound subject of ACC, wonder what we can expect. Sound is such a huge thing to simulate, just as visual and physical things.

This is hidden wishlist so yolo. I wonder if any game has proper sound reflecting/damping from environment objects system.

TDS likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Some cars in AC have very good sounds and of course, we have mods for others but, I agree that the drive-train (Flex / elasticity) and gearbox sounds could be improved. Designing for greater variability of such effects might offer a wider range of applications as some race cars can have pretty extreme pendulum effects within the drive-train in the transitions between power & coast. Also, it would be great to have a separate volume slider for gearbox sounds to avoid the never ending discussions surrounding realism vs personal preference and such. :)

TDS, vilivili and Typer like this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This bit about the announcement makes me hope they push audio further than people expect. But we'll see.

Swam-e, TDS, Dean Ogurek and 4 others like this.
  8. tow

tow Racer

Start from 0:48~1:05, until now no one sim can simulate this sound behavior when the car at low speed. I'm so happy if Kunos able to do this.

9. Psit

Psit Alien

iRacing is _almost_ there.

10. tow

tow Racer

Is that noise of bodywork?

11. Psit

Psit Alien

No, it is from the drivetrain, engine / gearbox / differential

Swam-e likes this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But then you also have cars like the 911 RSR in iRacing which doesn't have those transmissions sounds in real life

13. tow

tow Racer

I mean the sound "Tart Tart Tart Tart" ....Is hard to use words to presence those sound. lol

14. Ozelot S

Ozelot S Racer

transmission wobble and engine wobble are the magic words for that! Would love to hear that in future sim titles! :)

Opel-King and Derrellbiffle like this.
  15. Yes that sound is distinctly race car and that would be an awesome addition. By the way that dude's driving and his racecraft is fun to watch!

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Really happy how 488 sounded on the ACC Spa video (I have special love for how this car sounds in onboards). Engine and shifts sound very good. But didn't hear quite similar wobbles as in this

For example 1:48 or 7:05 you hear this very strong, almost "pneumatic" sounding wobble. Sounds awesome :D It could be just because in ACC Spa videos the car was going mostly full throttle so it was not as audible? Because on this Macau vid accelerating flat out and hitting new gears, sounds very similar to ACC. The wobble seems to happen more when he has less throttle

Interesting point that David Perel made... about how driver hears the car differently when there is earplugs and helmet, compared to onboards. Simracers always compare to onboard videos (as I'm now doing...), which may give false idea of how it really sounds

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    TDS and Typer like this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

Interestingly just saw this today and I think it might have something to do with it:
    Quote is from here:
    https://www.pro-sim.co.uk/shop/h-pattern-shifter/#tab-description

Typer and Dean Ogurek like this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

RaceRoom (R3E) can produce very convincing gear-wobble behavior at slow speeds; not only does it sound realistic but, the surges (Juddering) can also be felt in motion-rigs quite well. :)

2Lame2Aime likes this.
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Having an option to enable a filter to muffle in-car audio (Or have a slider for variability) would be nice but, I'd be disappointed if it is forced on players. Crappy headphones or some audio tuning tricks could achieve the same effect. :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi Shredator,

it's too soon to talk about the evolution of the transmission behavior in terms of physics and audio because as you can imagine we are still working on it and physics and audio are trying to walk together about this aspect. One sure thing is that sound-wise at Misano booth the transmission was much louder and alive than the E3 demo. I say again, it's too soon to talk about the details, but we'll keep you guys updated as usual.