1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC helped me with my first driving experience on Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kloucezch, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kloucezch

Kloucezch Gamer

Hello!
    I used Assetto Corsa (and other sims) to learn this famous track - Nürburgring Nordschleife.
    It helped a lot and I felt like home from the lap 1.
    I did only 4 laps but I saved a lot of money with learning this tricky circuit.

reidz, Fr0zzen, APC900 and 22 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant get my standard Interior driving view Nov 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Tools Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Kyalami 100%: AI over-driving Leeukop May 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting screen microfreezing while driving Dec 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting driving with another ai car instead of my own after replay Aug 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface When using the FocusPlayerCar Hotkey whilst not driving in team races, hotkey doesn't work Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Menu button "up" being pressed constantly when driving under 10km/h Jun 21, 2022

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

After driving it so many times in AC, I'm not that amped to actually go to the real Nords anymore :p

Still want to go on a Spa trackday though.

Kloucezch likes this.
  4. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for your feedback, Klouczech. It was the same for me with Vallelunga: the first time I drove my Miata on that track, I felt just like I had already been there before.

5. Kloucezch

Kloucezch Gamer

Nah! after so many laps you will not have any problem to drive on the real Nord ;)
    Yeah, Spa! I want to drive some car there too :D

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I wasn’t lucky enough to have AC before I drove the famous ring, back the RSR was using GT as well to practice on, I believe they have AC now. Me and a mate had an E92 M3 for 12 laps. Going back to that combo in AC now feels exactly how it did then

Kloucezch likes this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

That last lap was really really impressive, you had some cars appear at the worst of times and I had to laugh when you came across the van.
    Great lap.

8. Kloucezch

Kloucezch Gamer

Thank you!
    I had to be very careful, because the car was not mine and the traffic was sometimes unpredictable ;)

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

That is some nice driving! Also good to see someone being eager, but still patient with overtaking.

I want to take my daily driver there some day, but I fear the M3/4 & Porsche crowd would just push me off track. I´d only be focused on the rear mirror, I guess (163 hp Volvo Wagon). Currently "not" using highway exits, etc. to see how far I can take it in corners (If it´s safe to do so).

Dookie and Kloucezch like this.
  10. Kloucezch

Kloucezch Gamer

Thank you!
    Dont worry, If you just keep the right line when you see someone faster than you, you will have no problems. Almost all of the drivers were good and knew the track well. No problem with your Volvo too ;) Do it! :D

11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Thanks! ;) The day will come.

12. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Awesome driving on the Nordschleife! I am so jelly... I doubt I'll ever make it out to Germany and drive it myself. :( Did you say that the car you were driving isn't your own vehicle? Friends? Rental? It sounded awesome and appeared to have a lot of get-up-and-go! :cool:

13. baboon

baboon Alien

Very nice footage, I enjoyed watching. It's really is crazy out there, sometimes too many cars and way too many accidents.

14. Kloucezch

Kloucezch Gamer

Thank you! Just dont give up, the time will come. You can rent a car or go with your daily there like me ;)
    Yes, the car was from my friend and he wanted me to test this car.

Thank you! Yes you must be careful but sometimes also lucky

baboon likes this.
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Had my first run through Green Hell yesterday and I felt pretty much at home as well.

Amazing experience, 3 laps in my 320i e46 Touring. Now it´s finally worthy of wearing that Nurburgring sticker on the rear. ;)

Track was quite empty yesterday, I allways moved to the right when a GT3 RS or some weapon like that came up, but I also managed to pass one of the Apex rental Polos.

AC prepared me well for the corners and I knew the sideways G forces from driving in a sportive way on the road, but the compression at Fuchsröhre at 190 km/h was something else. Nothing prepared me for that, so awesome! Thanks to Kunos for giving me a huge advantage in safety and fun by having a proper Nordschleife in the game.