1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, SMS is a company I would never ever give money to, but that’s not my point here. Just mentioned to show you where I stand.

Now to your criticism, to be precise, the point I quoted:

Do you think you made a good choice judging a “sim” by its gamepad use?
    Really?

Have you ever come across the notion, a “sim” should do as advertised?
    I.e. recreating the real behavior of that simulated object.

As Mr. Hornbuckle likes to say: Get a wheel!
    Only then you can be taken seriously here. Because otherwise you are unable to do the appropriate inputs needed, to drive properly. So in conclusion you are not qualified to judge the realism of that “sim”.

2. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I think you read it wrong or perhaps I was unclear (in which case I apologize) the game is floaty with my G920, but works as advertised with my DS4.

I didn't play with my DS4 on a regular basis, but I wanted to check it out and only played with my DS4 for a couple of hours during the last year's launch.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Why most people don't care.

1. That only matters if you use H-shift cars. A significant number of drivers don't.
    2. FFB is subjective. If you have yours dialed in, as a lot of people do, then this doesn't apply.
    3. This is true. But the problems are intermittent and it's not debilitating, so many don't care. And compared to the more static AC server sessions (car/track combo), some would say it balances out. I've had better public races in PCars than AC.
    4. The truth is, as far as wreck fests go, the AI isn't much different in AC. And like AC, it's also dependent on track and difficulty/aggression balance.

Again, not saying you're wrong. Just pointing out reasons why it still works for many.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Isn't it a weird argument to say that something's not so bad because it also doesn't work great in another game?

5. Haiden773

No. One, it's not an argument. Two, what's actually weird is when people criticize something for performing badly, even thought it's performing on par with everything else, and there's no real example of feature working better elsewhere. R3E maybe, if we're talking wreck fest. That's where I guess I see AI wreck fests the least. But it' s pretty much an issue in all sims, especially at the higher difficulties.

6. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Ai is not a wreck fest but there are a ton of problems and issues with the ai strength.

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

So.. Project Cars 2 is on massive sale ( 60%) , you can now buy the deluxe version for 28 pounds. The promotions ends on the 14th.. .. ACC EA release today...

No.. you will not have my 25 pounds although I have now a very powerful PC.

Already spent 60 pounds for the ps4 version and spent tons of hours trying to find a good FFB which is simply not there.

nop

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Raklödder likes this.
  8. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Thanks for the headsup - we need more posts advising us when someone does and does not want to buy things !

Haiden773 and Whitestar like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol they are trying to get some thunder from ACC. For someone that doesn't own PC2 yet and from someone that has both 1 and 2 uninstalled I think even for free its not worth the wasted storage space as I have zero interest in ever installing either again.

10. Haiden773

That just sounds silly. If you like sim racing PCars is a good edition to the library. I play them all. PCars2 is fine. It's actually a breath of fresh air after AC's limited content (most mods suck). I like AC, but I can't say I like it more than R3E or PCars2. They all have pros and cons. But AC is aged. Even Content Manager doesn't help anymore. The constant need to recenter the view in VR makes me not want to play anymore. I actually haven't played it much since my wheel upgrade. With ACC coming out so soon, I didn't feel like tuning the FFB in a game that I probably won't be playing much anymore one ACC EA is a few months in. Between ACC, R3E, PCars2, and rF2 I don't see me playing AC too much in the future. It was fun while it lasted though.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

The cars and tracks I like and how much PCars2 offers (also R3E and AC) and ACC will not (while including borefests like Catalunya or the first half of the NR GP and maybe some i don't know) makes me not really excited about ACC. Besides the game will be actually released in Feb 19, playing bits could be take much fun out of the full release.
    I hope till the release there will be a hint about DLC for tracks and cars, besides new GT3s and the RB Ring. GT4 cars, Bathurst and Suzuka would be nice.
    Besides that the AI maybe boing in sprintraces and useless in endurance races, the limited time could make the presentation and career rather boring etc..

Also ACC is not GTR or Blanpain GT is not FIA GT1 200# or BPR, no multiclass, less classes of cars (GT1, GT2, G2 or whatever, Porsche Cup cars) plus modsupport.

But Im also kinda lost with the FFB in PCArs2, the AI makes endurance racing useless and the content thats worthwile is actually quite limited (see slowblokes post about it).

The biggest feature of Dirt Rally remains that there isn't much that annoys me. :D

Edit: PCars2 also reminds me that I hope Kunos balance the AI across all the tracks and between quali and race. Thats quite important.

Edit 2: *watching the new trailer* They just need to include Bathurst and Im in :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Haiden773 likes this.
  12. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

So agree - AI seems a very difficult art form. Hoping as they only have 1 class to worry about in ACC they are able to get a consistent pace regardless of the track at a given difficulty level.

For all my love of PC2 I still find certain track/classes are significantly inconsistent pace at the same difficulty level but I can understand with that much content they just could not get there.

Haiden773 likes this.
  13. plaid

plaid Alien

It that case you should include less content.

There is no excuse for that. Also the problems in endurance races. Thats some of the things that didn't motivate me to bother to improve the FFB and made the career basicly useless.
    Endurance, career and content were the things that made me consider the game.
    That it rain sometimes hardly makes a difference.

Also the presentation is on a low level.

14. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Update was poor fixed nothing i hoped they would. I've given up on it didn't even see the point to try the Ferraris.

Raklödder likes this.
  15. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

A lot of FFB and grip "issues" people have is because they are racing on the wrong tyres (ie hards on sub 30c or softs on +40c track temps).

Its night and day having the correct tyres.... and it massively impacts the experience.

My most typical approach with FFB on my CSW v2.5.... absolutely default with Raw.... although at times I need to lower the volume and up the tone, or other cars need a higher volume to get the resistance I need from the wheel to communicate the fronts are biting.

Also I completely disagree that you should have less content...... this is not black and white... these are design decisions... you may not agree with them but it is what it is.... if they removed all the not so good stuff then there would be people moaning about lack of content... also whats meh to me is great to others....

You cant please all the people all the time.

You dont have to race the less than optimal combos.... Im very happy with my 20-25 or so tracks and 50-80 cars that I think are fantastic but thats me... others are very happy with tracks like Brno, Indy Road, Ruapuna etc.. that I detest because of the lack of lateral grip that I get from the likes of Oulton Park, Donnington, Algarve, Fuji, Le Mans, Mugello and a bunch more.....

For me one of the worst combos is Formula C (loved that car in PC1 :( ) with just about anything but most particularly Indy Road - if I based PC2 on this combo I would have stopped playing the day it came out..... but others I know love that combo.... so in the end they are pleasing a variety of preferences...

I also dont really care about the off road stuff - but I think it feels really good - its just not for me....

16. plaid

plaid Alien

ITs a bad decission to include more content than you can manage to polish, including the AI and so of course also the career. If you have a limited budget, manpower and time you need to be realistic about your goals. Or be flexible enough to delay it till you get overall a consistent quality.
    The nonscanned tracks could also hugely profit from a more detailed surface, like some mod tracks for AC demonstrate, also not scanned. Speaking about tracks the visual detail is pretty inconsistent.
    Noone would complain a few less tracks and cars, especially if its the rally cross content.

It really isn't a matter of opinion, its simply a failure.

Its sad, afterall there could be a much better game with a bit less content and a few less features.

17. Haiden773

I wish PCars2 had a better F1 experience. None of those cars are worth it for me, because they're so much better in other sims.

FFB was an issue for me when it first released. I kind of gave up on it. Then when I switched to the Accuforce, I was able to get really good FFB. Not sure if it was updates SMS made in the interim, the Foundation mode of SimCommander, or that I just found a sweet spot, but I absolutely love the FFB now and think it actually feels better than AC. In fact, I'm totally expecting that when I try ACC tonight it will feel more similar to PCars2 than AC1.

I agree that the EA of ACC will probably get pretty boring with the limited content in the early months. I'm just buying it now, because I know I'm going to get it later. So why not get it cheaper. I'll give it a whirl tonight, but doubt that will last long, because there's no VR support. The Lambo is also one of my least favorite cars. Wish they'd started with something else...LOL

Next month will be a chance to really test it out. If it gets boring, I can always shelf it until more content is available.

18. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Not a failure at all - commercial success albeit nothing like PC1 but its a much better game/sim than PC1.

I agree 100% if they reduced the scope things could be a lot better. I could lose the snow, offroad, license (the way its implemented), templates etc... without blinking an eye. Id be fine with < 100 cars and < 30 tracks but I would like numerous series still.

The interesting thing now is how long will the reduced scope keep people playing ACC.

Personally Im glad we have both options in the market but historically I played the likes of GTR2, Race 07 etc.. a lot less because I tend to have moods for what I want to drive which is perfect for the likes of PC2 so I dont generally get bored..

I was really looking forward to the license/safety rating etc.. in PC2 but that is a complete waste of time without scheduled races as we the majority of multiplayer is a bunch of U adhoc races and those are pretty bad....

So that is the aspect Im most looking forward to ACC... if its done well then it really can compete with iracing at least in the GT3 field. If they could add other series/tracks over time then it could really be something with that infrastructure in place assuming its done in a way that covers most of the bases.....

19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I guess forums are places where you want to share info and points of view.
    Now , I completely agree that my rant was boring but I just wanted to do it anyway.
    At least I have learned how to not expect too much from a videogame.