1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I always update the shader mod through CM by disabling and removing the old version and then installing the new one. That should add any updated folder structure also. Just updating over old versions doesn't work properly for me.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  2. Here is how I update the mod. Haven't had any issues. (so far, knock on wood!!!)

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

You know you can even install mods from within CM?
    I posted this on the discord channel some times ago

I think a lot of people don't know you can install lights patch (and a lot of other stuff too) right from Content Manager. Here's how to:

1: copy the link of the website you need to add (in this case the discord 'updates' channel)(modificato)
    [​IMG]

2- In Content Manager go to CONTENT > MOD SHOP and select the '+' on the left bottom of the screen
    [​IMG]

3- paste the link you copied before
    [​IMG]

4- Now you have a new Source
    [​IMG]

5- Now you can download the patch from within Content Manager
    [​IMG]

6- You'll see the downloaded file in the green upper right menu. Choose Install
    [​IMG]

7- You can find the installed mods under CONTENT > MODS
    [​IMG]

8- I usually disable the Shaders Light Patch mod prior to updating it

9- Sometimes when you download something, it opens a new tab. Once the download has started you can close the new tab to avoid it downloads the file again when you re-open the MOD SHOP page
    [​IMG]

Whitestar, liakjim and Cote Dazur like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not sure how, but seems like last release has virtually zero impact on performance during daytime in VR.
    Awesome as besides night driving it does enrich the image esp. in tandem with GBW Suite that tuned to Ilja's shaders colors.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

In the Discord conversation, for review 30, it says “analog clocks support”, what does it mean exactly?

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I'd guess clock lighting on dashboard.

7. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

It means the right time beyond the standard 8-18:00 also for the clocks with needles.

Shader Patch makes more than just adding lights. There is also support for additional working instruments like odometer and other indicators like ABS or TC...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you, so now in some cars, the analog clock on the cars dash will display the time of the computer the game is played with, nothing additional needs to be activated? Or does it display the time set for a particular driving session within the game?
    Same for ABS and TC? Which car is a good one to check this new feature?

Also saw this in the Discord development tab, WIP: separate adjustable mirrors
    https://streamable.com/96d72 , amazing, looking forward to this.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Alistair McKinley and boabmatic like this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

wow it looks all to confusing for me, just gonna wait for ACC for the night racing etc

miky and Andrew_WOT like this.
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Your loss, it is much much more than just night driving, you are missing out on the emergence of AC2 because that is how AC feels with all those improvements.
    Well worth the small effort on our side (the users) when coming to realize the herculleen effort from @x4fab and the few other enthousiast helping.
    It sounds more complicated than it is anyway.

Fremen_78, LeDude83, le Bluem and 3 others like this.
  11. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I have to underline that post.
    It's really not that hard. And the changes are dramatic.

It's only a little bit confusing if you want to keep up-to-day every minute of an hour (regarding vao patches and track light mods). But if you update once a week or even once a month you don't have to worry about anything.
    Get CM.
    Get the Shaders Light patch and let it install itself via CM.
    If you want to update just do as Michael has shown above.
    It's super simple.

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I will try guys but my patience is thin lol

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Funny, considering your alternative as per your post is to wait for something, how is that helping your impatience? :confused::D:D:D

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I walk my dog, play other games, work on my career, go karting.......:D

miky and Cote Dazur like this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Too many things going at once.
    Last release made things blurry in VR for me.
    Really hope Ilja find time to fix CM as well, don't even remember when it was updated last, was it Simucube wheel stop.

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I tried with a few cars, none of the clock really work, all the digital one shows is the time that the session starts, no progression and the analog clocks just show whatever time they are showing but are not altered by what the session is set at.

17. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

Its all in alpha stage, and it has to be made for every single car. It just says its supports it now.
    If you have a look into the folder /extension/config/cars -> there are the whole configs for the cars. E.g. in the folder kunos you will find some kunos cars configs. If you will open "ks_porsche_991_turbo_s.ini"
    you can edit the analog clock for it. I just test a little bit. here is what is working with that type of car:

[HOUR_INDICATOR_0]
    NAME=ARROW_CLOCK_minute
    START=-180
    UPPER_BOUND=12
    RANGE=360

[MINUTE_INDICATOR_0]
    NAME=ARROW_CLOCK_hour
    START=0
    UPPER_BOUND=60
    RANGE=360

[SECOND_INDICATOR_0]
    NAME=ARROW_unknow
    START=-180
    UPPER_BOUND=60
    RANGE=360
    FLOOR=1

The good thing is, it works live ingame. So you can have AC in a window and edit the config live. After saving you have the result immediately in AC. Progression is not working with this right now. I'm not really deep into this...

Cote Dazur and Alistair McKinley like this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not really that complicated to get the main things working... I use JSGME and just drag and drop folders. Updating or testing mods (and getting rid of them if they aren't your thing) is very fast

Also check my opening post, I updated it some time ago with easy instructions

Waiting for ACC yes, but thing is... it will never have street cars, F1 cars, historic cars, hundreds of mod tracks. While AC does. And this is not just night racing, it looks better in daytime too. For example early morning or evening... not night, but headlights already in effect. Also the "3D" mirrors are very nice if you have TrackIR or VR

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Oh cool I havent been back to your opening post in like forever, will check it out for instructions. And yes I get it about AC as I still love it and drive it and just installed vrc cart car and ready to run it at the glen :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Mods aren't 'for' everybody, especially complicated WIP mods. If somebody isn't comfortable with constantly learning new things, or taking the good with the bad each update, then it is probably best for them just to wait until everything is in a finalized state before installing.

Alistair McKinley likes this.