1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sad...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Bkim, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bkim

Bkim Racer

Im sad to see Kunos made another step towards consoles. This could(!) have been such a good title but im left with another console clone in form of Project Cars. The state the game is right now i cannot see how Kunos will transform the game into a released version in Q1 2019.

Initially i refunded the game only to find out i received it as a gift later on.
    - UI is just terrible. Completely created for consoles.
    - AI does not defend on inside and they do not setup for an pass unless i go very wide and very slow. Further i noticed AI are extremely slow in certain corners. Overall AI is very static and very predictable.
    - FFB, mediocre at best. Can't feel the weigt shift of the car. BAckend steps out an FFB kicks in when it's too late and the car already lost grip into full rotation.

SO yeah, a fine game for console players with joypad that want to race ten laps starting at P1.
    Another sad moment for PC sim racers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel models not working since february 2022 - this is sad Oct 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting unplayable sad to say that, but... Jul 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How sad is.. Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Cockpit cam disadvantage in the rain Jun 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room My sad daily routine Jan 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Some Sad News: Race2Play to Shut Down Next Month Nov 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room ISRTV Exclusive - Wil ’‘Mayaman’’ Tosado’s Mind Blowing Porsche Simulator [with Assetto Corsa] Sep 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sad day for motorsports. Jul 18, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues What a sad day for us - ac going console Jun 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Am i at a huge disadvantage with my fov? Apr 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Must watch video. it's sad but true!!! (shocking! interview with assetto corsa developer [original]) Mar 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Sad news (about clarkson) Mar 10, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes App SansaDigit Nov 26, 2013

3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Don't worry... there is another game for you which will tick all your expectations : https://www.projectcarsgame.com/

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I thought it's not even sure to this day that ACC will even be released on consoles tho?

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Ui is created so it can help a lot of people with controlers and especially with wheels who dont have keyboard in reach so you can use menu while you are in your sim righ with wheel buttons etc.

sissydriver and aotto1977 like this.
  6. M96

M96 Racer

BTW the UI is graphically wise very modern and clean, it just needs improvement in terms of usability, but that's what EA is here for. The rest doesn't even deserve much of a comment.

Inviato dal mio Pixel XL utilizzando Tapatalk

mms and sissydriver like this.
  7. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

What makes me sad, is that there seem to be quite a few people not comprehending the intention of the developers behind an Early Access release.
    The game is not ready yet, it is still in developement.
    It even says so in the opening screen when you fire ACC up.
    You can rather help the devs by reporting bugs and giving feedback in a factual way.

Epistolarius, mms, F1Aussie and 3 others like this.
  8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Have you even played the game?

9. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Not to forget VR.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  10. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

What is SAD is the amount of posts where people are failing to grasp the concept of Early Access!!! Is anyone actually listening and comprehending anything?!?!?!

Console is a maybe at the MOST. Consoles may not be good enough to run! But can't a UI look good and modern? Does it have to be plain, simple and boring and a pain in the *** to use (iRacing anyone?) for you to classify it as a PC-based sim? But as above, there are other factors to the design of the UI! Its not just to suit consoles!!

It is Early Access, build 1 of 6. If you read what was part of this build you would have noticed that TESTING AI IS PART OF THE BUILD!!!!!! Therefore expect the AI to be imperfect!!! And with some mature feedback, expect improvements next build!!

If you are silly enough to refund it for the reasons you mention, well close the door behind you!

11. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Rookie

seriously...how can you complain about a game, which isnt even released yet.
    Do you understand what Early Access is for?
    You bought the right to BETA TEST (not even..its more an alpha, than anything else) this game, to give the developer feedback and suggestions.

My problem in particular with this post is, that you dont seem to understand what this game is created for.
    this is not Assetto Corsa 2.
    This will be Assetto Corsa - Competitive Online Racing.

if you check all options, you'll notice not even all options have descriptions.

I for one am pretty happy about the UI, because I dont have a dedicated Sim Rig.
    Ill be able to go through the menu without reaching uncomfortably for the mouse and keyboard.

"sad day for Sim racers?"

The day hasnt even come yet for you to judge.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

UI also has to take in to account VR users as well as screen users, and VR users don’t want a hugely complex UI, it should be easily doable with the headset on. I think the current one should be fine though we will see in good time

Roberto944, stryder and chksix like this.
  13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

This new UI feels technically much better than the old AC UI. Plus you can fully Control it with your wheel buttons. No need to grab a mouse. This is awesome for Hardwaresetups with racing seat and especially for VR users! So I think its a big step forward and has nothing to do just with consoles...

aotto1977 likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Everyone: please take a trolling awareness training.

@AC Support: lock thread?!?

aotto1977 and sissydriver like this.
  15. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sad indeed...

Epistolarius, mms, snyperal and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.