1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

So, it's a long thread. But, any information about the multiplayer, on how it's going to work other than "Matchmaking"? Are they planning some kind of pre-schedule races system like iRacing too?

2. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

You're right, missed this. As the Silverstone round was a endurance race I was a bit confused

Belgakinen likes this.
  3. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

Hi guys,

I would like to ask some help in 2 questions (or mayb4 questions, lol):
    1) Is there anybody who runs the game with an i5-4460 + GTX 1060? If yes, how many FPS do you get?
    2) Is there anybody who runs the with a Ryzen 5 + GTX 1060? If yes, how many FPS do you get?

Currently I have an i5-4460 with a GTX 1060, but I read some tests and I'm not sure if it's worth to change to a Ryzen 5. :)

Thanks guys in advance!

4. Are my PC close enought?

5. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

Yes, quite close. Can you just give some details of the performance you experienced? (Graphics settings & FPS my main interests)

6. These are my settings atm:
    [​IMG]

Without V-Sync and the frame limit I can achieve 120-160 FPS while hotlapping in sunny conditions. At the start of the special race event race the FPS are around 80 with all cores close to 100% load.
    It will be better as far the race go on:
    [​IMG]

I hope its useful :)

Edit: Always in mind all cores are overclocked.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Adam Jonas likes this.
  7. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

Yes, very useful, thank you very much. :) I suspect that my CPU is bottlenecking the performance in my case. In 1080p and medium settings, I can get 90-100 FPS alone, and with 19 cars at night, it can decrease around 50.

Maybe can you just send me a picture of the game with these settings in a PM? I don't know at the moment how does it look like with these settings.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Still regarding the FFB, it was main complaint in David Perel's (GT3 driver for Kessel Ferrari) feedback: http://davidperel.net/assetto-corsa-competizione-alpha-a-racing-drivers-take/

"Areas of Improvement
    The primary issue is in the Force Feedback. I asked if they could add a bit more feeling in areas such as braking and understeer"

This was about Misano build. Wonder what he would say about it now. Some seem to be so convinced that there's little or nothing to correct (damper issue), wonder if Perel would agree with them

9. ATM I would go with David :cool:

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

It could be right, but it is an old article, posted a lot of time before september 12th. Also I miss something, can't really tell if he is suggesting to add those details because it has to be there, or because it could to be there.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. fabT

fabT Alien

100% agree on understeer, it's my #1 issue wth FFB.

In the meantime i've done some more practice, trying to get somewhat accustomised to the game.
    Still trying to break under 1:55.

I have to say i'm really impressed with the physics improvements so far.
    Weight transfer is much more dynamic, compared to AC.
    Turn-in for instance is quite lively, maybe due to better tyre modeling.

Great job.

Now i just hope FFB will be improved and/or sorted so that i will be able enjoy some truly visceral driving without relying just on eyes / ears.

Obviously it's my opinion and i'm just an ordinary average sim-driver, no alien.

LeDude83, Dean Ogurek and Schnipp like this.
  12. fabT

fabT Alien

Just ordered a new PC.
    Core i5 8600k + GTX 1070 8gb.

Hope it'll be fine for quality 1080p gaming ?
    Not interested in 4K so far.

Adam Jonas, After_Midnight and mms like this.
  13. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

I think yep,i run 60 fps in storm and night with 6600k (oc at 4.4) and gtx1070 8gb with 20 cars (2 K and pretty all details on ultra)
    Ram is important too,16gb 3000 MHz to be sure

14. fabT

fabT Alien

Good to know.
    To be fair RAM is "only" 16gb rated at 2400 MHz.

mms likes this.
  15. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

I know because before oc my ram was running at 2133 (but original my corsair are 3000mhz)
    When i have unlocked it a 3000 I have gain 2-3 fps,not much..but better than nothing lol

16. mms

mms Alien

You'll be fine with that...

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I have a 1070 and it's great for 1080p, I don't think you'll have an issue there. Don't know much about the i5 8600k, I have an i7 2600k and it was the bottleneck in my system when running VR. But it was still capable. I never really ran AC on a single screen and my guess is it would be perfectly fine for single screen 1080p, seeing as I could run VR at 90fps, medium settings. I have everything maxed out in ACC single screen.

If you don't have VR or triple screens then it will be perfectly capable, you might start to struggle getting 90fps in VR. Really, VR is why people need monster systems. For single screen you don't need to worry as much.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep. 1070 8 GB will surely be more than enough for 1080px.

19. fabT

fabT Alien

Thx everybody.
    No VR ( for now ) nor triple screen.

By the way, at the end i upgraded order to a GTX 1080 ( not TI ) as the deal was favourable.

20. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Good evening all,

I have just joined. Like the feel of the car but I primarily drive in bumper cam in every racing game I own. Quick question is....... Is there a bumper cam available as I cant seem to get view correct?

Thanks in advance

Baz

lordpatou likes this.