1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Heres a good thread of people trying to do the same and running into problems with the engine (For those technical persons).. hopefully Unreal can put something in, else its going to be coding your own viewport renderer and hooking into the Unreal engine. (Which i would say would be post launch) due to work required..

Im hoping im very wrong... but just facing some reality

https://forums.unrealengine.com/dev...r?50144-Multiple-active-cameras-for-1-player=

2. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

True, he doesn't say it literally. But he also says that he doesn't see it happening in this build. I get this as a way to say it's gonna happen at a later build.

3. TriGgeR

TriGgeR Rookie

Well, I can't blame you for your optimism :)
    But this is not the impression I get from these comments... He said they are going to try (and I trust them to, no worries there), but I don't see any guarantee it's going to happen for sure.

Anyway, I did some research...
    At first, I had a look at nVidia's Simultaneous Multi Projection - the promise was to render multiple viewports at no performance cost on GTX 10xx series and later. Bad news is, it would have been exclusive to certain GPUs... It's been implemented in a whopping 5 games, and that's it... Didn't even make it to the main UE4 branch. No news about SMP since 2016...

Then I found this :
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/Rendering-to-Multiple-Displays-with-nDisplay
    Looks promising... but it's still not exactly what we're looking for. It's designed to render multiple screens on multiple computers. I'm afraid of the performance impact trying to run this on a single PC.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I read somewehere (don't remember where) that there are a couple UE4 games that have proper triple screen support.
    Don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, Kunos should be able to provide us with a clear answer and preferably on this forum. I'm not on FB and thus can't read comments there.

If it turns out that Kunos can't offer the triple screen support because of UE4 limitations, I'd understand, but then there is no point for me buying ACC, since I made the decision to stay on triples.
    The stretched side view I had in some sims for a while is not appealing to me though.

I know it's only 25€ atm, but it would be just a waste of money on my side.

5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'd consider selling one of my kidneys and get a StarVR.

6. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Think it is cheaper with a pimax 5k plus

7. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

Can we please get a answer if triple screen support is coming at same time as vr update please ?

8. Whitestar

I think it's pretty clear that it's not coming in this build, given the answers from Marco:

"I don't see it happening in this build."

also:
    User: but are you planning to add triple screen support?
    Marco: Hope so, still under investigation (UE4)

So maybe we should give it a rest and just let them work on it? :)

9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Whitestar

I think that everyone would let it go if only we had a pretty simple answer: YES / NO / WIP... intead we just have a dead silence :/

Glen Orpheus and Fanapryde like this.
  10. mike599xx

mike599xx Rookie

I wonder when they were discussing using UE4, if the discussion of triple screen support ever came up or was it something they discovered after they already decided to use it. Seems like a major component to be missing out on.

11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Just back from vacation. Tempted to buy ACC, but if it turns out that triple support is not possible/not going to happen after all, there is no use for me to invest.
    So personally I'd like to get an answer ASAP.
    If it is a YES, I don't mind if it takes a bit longer to implement...
    But if it is a decisive NO, I'm out...sadly...
    And I was so looking forward to this title, believing it would blow anything else out of the water...

12. Whitestar

I think you'll have to define "dead silence" for me, because...

"I don't see it happening in this build"
    ...and...
    "Hope so, still under investigation."

...posted on Facebook no less doesn't really qualify as "dead silence" in my book. It doesn't mean yes. It doesn't mean no. I'm assuming it means they are trying to get it to work.

trucidatio and Sleeper Service like this.
  13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Posted on FB means "dead silence" in my book though. I have no profile there and I would expect a clear answer on this official forum, right ?
    The fact that you are still "assuming" also means that there is no clarity on this.

FatnSlo, _Fulgore_ and Mad.Motion like this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Literally means WIP... lol

Sleeper Service and Whitestar like this.
  15. Whitestar

You know as well as I do that things of interest that the devs post on FB are always pasted here in the forums. Heck, in the AC forum we even have a thread dedicated to just that. So I really don't understand the "dead silence" argument. Does his answer not count because it originated from FB? :)
    TBH I usually use the word "assume" when I'm not 100% sure and can't state something as a fact. But the message seems pretty clear: "Hope so" means they don't know. And they are investigating if it can be done. I don't see how it could be interpreted any other way.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  16. paredaks

paredaks Rookie

But they have given an answer. Following the several threads on this topic you can see that:

- Unreal Engine does not have native support for multiple viewports (term?), which is the method for doing triple screens without stretching. There's no switch to flip or framework to implement as there is with VR (market size conversation aside)
    - They have stated they are in fact working with the engine on this front but without stating it is a confirmed feature. One can infer that this is a conversation with Epic as well as internally. Remember there are something like 25 employees at Kunos so hard to throw resources at every need.
    - Promising anything that's not explicitly on the roadmap is dangerous. Each of the existing features has a risk associated in terms of complexity and how it impacts the production timeline as a whole

Mind you I run triples and have motion sickness with current VR hardware, so I'm about as motivated as anyone to hope for real support, but reality is what it is.

Whitestar likes this.
  17. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

The implementation of proper MULTI VIEW multi monitor support with perspective correction is apparently no trivial task in even the latest UE4 engine build.

Up to very recently NO OFFICIAL tools were available to accomplish this AT ALL in the UE engine but uses have had to build their own plugins to workaround this issue without any documentation from Epic.

Just very recently answers in more and more (even several years old) feature request and problem solving threads around multiple viewports a new answer is popping up.

There is now apparently a new documented and supported feature available to the UE4 engine that can be utilized to implement multi view:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/Rendering-to-Multiple-Displays-with-nDisplay

For the history about multi view support and a large variety of user requests and workaround solutions just google:
    "UE4 engine multi view multi monitor projection"

I was actually quite surprised to learn that this is such a highly demanded feature and only recently officially supported solutions are implemented.
    I am no programmer and I have no idea how exactly useful this new feature may be for the implementation in a racing simulator such as ACC - it may very well not work at all for this purpose.

Major issues with user build plugins and workarounds in the past (remember multi view was unsupported and undocumented) usually came with sever drawbacks such as lack of certain functions on more than one display (AA, mouse support, glitches, severe performance drawbacks, etc … all things we have at least heard about over the last years as software houses have brought multi view support to older rendering engines).

I have high hopes that Kunos can and will implement multi view in the near future as I cannot imagine running any racing sim without it, especially as I have no intention at all to move towards VR systems.

18. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Whitestar

FB is just a general public communication media. Will not take anything into account coming from FB and a community manager.

We have paid early access to help sort out bugs, asking questions we can have, etc...

And still this question remains un answered on the official forum where all official answers should be done.

So for me (and others) it is a dead silence.

19. Whitestar

Right, so if he in a few weeks says on FB: "Solved! Coming in release 3", you will still pretend that didn't happen and continue to ask for verification here, as if these forums existed in a parallell universe shielded from the rest of the internet?

Look, I obviously want tri-screen as much as anyone else here. And sure, they could change the title of those support threads to "Working on it" (or Under investigation if that's a valid title). But for now at least we have an answer.

20. Dead silence = no :until/unless explicitly stated otherwise
    This was always the case for AC, see no reason it would be otherwise now.

Sounds like it is time to sell the trips and get either an ultrawide or VR. (or deal with the fish eye effect even though it has to suck)