1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AssettoCorsa worth it if i dont have a wheel?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rosella, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Rosella

Rosella Rookie

I was thinking about getting a wheel for the steam sale. I will be using a ps4 controller.I played with an Xbox pad before, AC drives fine for the most part. Due to the difference in handling with some cars, i think i might need to practise to even drive it with a gamepad.Is it worth the Assetto Corsa if i dont have a wheel?

paulieGTR likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Issue with assettocorsa.net/forum certificate Apr 6, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room AssettoCorsa.gq League Dec 4, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Launch AssettoCorsa.exe connecting to a server Sep 20, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Launch assettocorsa.exe connecting to a server Sep 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room assettocorsa.net not secure?? Aug 6, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues acServerManager looking for AssettoCorsa.exe in parent folder when trying to launch dedicated server Mar 1, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game goes back to assettocorsa.exe randomly. Nov 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room [AssettoCorsa.club] Content Manager Problem Apr 29, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Kaspersky AV 2016 has started deleting assettocorsa.exe Dec 31, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes New AssettoCorsaShared dll (Brake Temps error) Nov 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room AssettoCorsa.net Update Jul 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room CSR 2 "AssettoCorsaOnPC" Crew Jul 8, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa Central - www.assettocorsa.eu Mar 28, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assettocorsa do not start Dec 2, 2015

3. ionut86bn

ionut86bn Gamer

I question myself the same questions.
    I have 1000+ hours on a PC, and when I got the PS4, I started use the Dualshock 4 on the pc, and I was amazed how good that was.
    Than I bought the PS4 game, and found that the Dualshock 4 on the PS4 AC was just awful.
    I bought a Thrusmater T300RS a few days ago, and tried the PS4 AC. Feedback is awful, setting the wheel to match the car direction is also bad. It steers too fast round the center and too little in the tight curves.
    Playing with ferrari 488 gtb on the Nordschleife is just my worst sim driving experience, when you steer right, the force feedback push the car in the other direction. It cannot be explained just how bad the PS4 game is to the PC.
    Driving with the T300 on the PC AC is far far better.

4. Rotters91

Rotters91 Rookie

You haven't got your wheel set up properly. I have a T300 and the feedback is the most immersive I've had from any game. It also sounds like you don't understand weight transfer round corners. The Nords is a circuit where this will be apparent.

paulieGTR likes this.
  5. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

That's what happens when you drive a real car. Unless you're in an oval or a high banked curve, even then...
    The worst experience of FFB you can possibly have is when the wheel pulls you in the same direction you're travelling.
    ie. turning right, wheel pulling to right.

When you push against something, it shouldn't suck you in.
    If you decide to get a wheel, you will not be disappointed and i can near guarantee you'll absolutely love it.

I really feel i must warn you though...
    You may become addicted and need to see a doctor andor psychologist/psychiatrist. :D