1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. rycil

rycil Simracer

Sure I know but what the point to have implemented it half-way in the game?

2. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

This is definitely why the replays don't appear distorted.

rycil likes this.
  3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Well some more testing and i'm not sure what's going on.
    I think your deductions may be correct because i can throw both left and right monitors out of whack by adjusting the fov in cockpit.

I seem to be able to adjust fov where one side it is ok but the opposite side is hmmm... and vice versa.
    It's just making it very difficult to get braking points and apex's down.
    I mean i could try, but i wouldn't want to have to get used to this - that's coming close to broke for me.:(

It's really early though and i have much faith in my fav dev's. :)

Whitestar likes this.
  4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@paulieGTR

I too decided to drop ACC for the moment because it is impacting my driving when i switch back to iracing or AC1.

It is a really bad behavior to get used to this so i hope thta we'll see something before 1.0 :)

sherpa25 and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, especially hitting the apex is more difficult without proper fov.

6. Naer

Naer Gamer

7. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I don't think requiring a PC for each monitor is the sort of solution people are hoping for.

I'm not even sure that system does anything to prevent the distortion anyway.

paulieGTR likes this.
  8. Naer

Naer Gamer

Oh, sorry, didn't read the whole page, just the few first lines. No, that's not a solution....

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Aye...

Having a seperate PC to network a large field of AI is certainly, way more appealing. :cool::)

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I just bought ACC (still confident proper triple screen support will be added), so I can see how it is now.
    On triples it looks even worse than I imagined. I can't even do a decent lap because I am missing the apexes and misjudge my brake points all the time.
    Only did a few laps to try my new OSW set, but I guess I will leave ACC alone until it's OK on triples.

11. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Ya i haven't had much wheel time due to this as well...the stretch is a No Go, and Single Screen..blah, no thanks. I Find myself on the "other" AC2 more often with the freight train of development those guys have mustered.

12. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Yup, actually you can't look at the apex on side screen as everything is distorded, speed is off compared to center screen... not usable at the moment.

Ok you have basic triple support, but side screens are just there to look good. They should put a big splash message on each side monitor : " DO NOT USE " or " USE WITH CAUTION, OBJECTS MAY APPEAR CLOSER THAN THEY LOOK" :D:D

paulieGTR and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

If it was not so sad, this would be funny... :p:D

14. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Yeah, it's pretty bad. After few laps I thought to myself 'Man, those mushrooms are really strong... :confused:o_O' ... turns out there is no proper tipple screen support...
    I am not very optimistic for the future. I would be happy to wait but the fact that they don't say it is coming (even with a delay)... hmmm I don't know

Octane, Vargs and Mad.Motion like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

You shouldn't jump to conclusions. If there wasn't going to be triple screen support they would probably have said so. No news is good news.

trucidatio and paulieGTR like this.
  16. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

And you honestly believe, that if they are planning to do it or working on it, would't have said "We are working on it." by now?
    Nobody is pushing for a date or specific release...
    Nobody in this thread is here to troll, I can assure you... We all are hyped about this sim. But the triple screen is essential - at least for me

Waiting and hoping...

Tim Meuris, Octane, TriGgeR and 4 others like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

Yes, that's how it's always worked in the past. When there won't be a particular feature they say so. If it's something being worked on they say nothing.

That's not to say for certain that there will be triple screen but I'm assuming it will happen until someone tells me otherwise.

Getting into details like that does a company no favours, especially in the online world, as soon as you answer that question it will generate 200 new questions and people will never be happy. People will always try to use company statements against them and try to publicly shame the company using social media. Not that you will do that, but someone will. There's always someone and it's that someone that forces companies to be way more careful about what they say publicly. It's the same reason your microwave comes with a warning not to put your cat in the microwave, because there's a person out there that will blame the company that made the microwave for cooking their cat if their not specifically told not to do it.

18. Algui

Algui Rookie

Triple screen is essential for me too !

19. its.me

its.me Racer

For me too!

20. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah, i agree...

Although there wouldn't be another 200 questions asked if they were to confirm, we're "working on it".
    I think a simple yes would suffice nearly everyone and it would be left at that, knowing.
    But the simple fact remains...

UE4 does not support triple screen natively and this leaves me worried for the future of triple screen users.
    That's a really big part of the community being left out.

fyi...
    It's always been a policy of kunos to be open and honest about any features being worked on, or anything that is planned.
    They have always been upfront about that. :)

Saying that...
    I have every faith in Kunos, that they will try to deliver triple screen support, even if, that becomes their biggest headache in ACC.
    I don't think they'll ever give up trying, unless...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018